New: Nikon D5000

Old April 15th 09, 09:57 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Focus[_5_]

Default New: Nikon D5000

"ASAAR" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:49:59 +0100, Focus wrote:

With pronouncements such as these, are you surprised that some
people regard you as an idiot? FYI, many of Canon's DSLRs (starting
with, but not limited to the 40D and 50D) are much better for macro
and some other types of photography than anything Nikon or other
companies offer, because Canon came up with something new and
original. Not long ago Nikon introduced three impressive PC-E
Nikkors, but Canon just trumped them with their new offering, which
also benefited from something new and original, at least where DSLR
lenses are concerned. Nikon now has some DSLRs that provide
amazingly good low noise, high ISO performance, but not until the D3
put them near par with Canon's DSLRs, which for several years had
sensors that offered something new and better than what other
manufacturers provided. While you may not be an idiot, you sure
display an unfortunate combination of ignorance, lack of wisdom, and
the propensity to have strong opinions of things you know little of.

I'm not talking about the past. I live in the here and now. The last few
camera that came out from Canon have seen an increase in MP, but a
decrease
in IQ, while Nikon has gone the other way: same "old" 12 MP, but every
new
one has an increase in IQ.

Only the last (better high ISO performance) refers to Canon's past
superiority. Nikon is still behind Canon in the other areas
mentioned. Did this escape your attention or is your problem one of
comprehension? Also, you can ask your sister to also proofread that
last sentence.

Vraag jij je zus maar of je haar vanavond weer neuken mag. Achterlijk stuk
inteelt.

All people seem to be idiots to you, aren't they?
You're just too kind with words.

I normally wouldn't have commented on that poorly constructed
sentence, but as you followed it with one talking about "words", it
seemed to beg for someone to help you out by noting that you should
have paid more attention in class when the rules for assembling
words into proper sentences were taught. Know whut I mean, Vern?

Well, excuse me for the fact that I speak 4 languages fluently, 3 more a
little bit and Portuguese I'm still learning. English being my second
language.
After a car accident, a few years ago, my spelling isn't that great
anymore.
But before I post again, I'll have it checked by my sister who's a
professor
in English literature.

It's not about a spelling error. You also didn't pay attention to
the words that I wrote, because you'll see that you were told that
the problem had to do with the words that you used. Spelling errors
or typos tend to be due to letter mistakes. The ability to speak
eight languages would normally be something to be admired, but in
your case we'd like to know if you switched to the other languages
when you found something in the previous ones that displeased you.

Als je het over wij hebt, bedoel je ook de stemmetjes in je hoofd zeker?
Zoek een baan, langharig werkschuw tuig...

Old April 15th 09, 10:57 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Wally

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:57:39 +0100, "Focus" wrote:

"ASAAR" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Say what you want, but this is one of the best NGs to learn new swear
words.

I used to know an even better one, but it has since died... nobody
there any more.

People come here for information on digital photography. But the
regulars surely have enough of that already, so are here for
companionship. Those lonely people spend their time here vehemently
cursing out people they don't even know.

Can you understand it?

As for you, Focus, the best I can offer you is Uitgedroogd stukje
vetpudding!

Wally
Old April 15th 09, 11:59 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
ASAAR

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:57:39 +0100, Focus wrote:

All people seem to be idiots to you, aren't they?
You're just too kind with words.

It's not about a spelling error. You also didn't pay attention to
the words that I wrote, because you'll see that you were told that
the problem had to do with the words that you used. Spelling errors
or typos tend to be due to letter mistakes. The ability to speak
eight languages would normally be something to be admired, but in
your case we'd like to know if you switched to the other languages
when you found something in the previous ones that displeased you.

Als je het over wij hebt, bedoel je ook de stemmetjes in je hoofd zeker?
Zoek een baan, langharig werkschuw tuig...

I do hope that this made you feel better. The only problem being
that where your OPs and replies made you appear juvenile, this one
pushes you into infantile behavior territory. There are a couple of
folk on DPR that post their insults in more obscure languages. It's
a strange mix of infantile and cowardly behavior, and like you, that
it harms their reputation and makes them appear foolish doesn't
concern them in the least. It also damages your credibility, since
you've now given us reason to doubt 1. that you have a sister that's
an English professor (or if she does exist, maybe she's not capable
of spotting your mistake) and 2. that the photographic "credentials"
you regularly display may be puffed up just a bit, or worse.

Old April 16th 09, 12:40 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
ASAAR

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:15:41 +0800, Dyna Soar sourly wrote:

You know, you have more than some justification in your criticism of Focus'
comments regarding photographic matters.
However, to pick on somebody's use of English when it is obviously not his
first language only shows *you* up as an arrogant, self-centred pedant!

I hardly ever criticize grammatical, spelling or punctuation
errors. I even mentioned this when I referred to the error :

I normally wouldn't have commented on that poorly constructed
sentence, but as you followed it with one talking about "words", it
seemed to beg for someone to help you out by noting

At the time I posted this reply, Focus hadn't yet indicated that
English wasn't his primary language, which he writes well enough
anyway that one wouldn't make reasonably make that assumption. He
also said that he's *fluent* in four of eight languages, so since he
said that English is his second language, it would be reasonable to
assume that it's one of the four languages that he claims to be
fluent in. As such, your hostile reaction is misdirected and should
have been turned towards yourself. You show more than the average
amount of cluelessness, ignorance and arrogance in your
shoot-from-the-hip reply. Even if you missed some of the earlier
replies in this thread that accounts for your ignorance, fetching
them before going on the attack with a bogus insult might have
helped prevent you from appearing to share Focus's foolishness.

Old April 16th 09, 02:35 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
ASAAR

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:11:45 +0800, Dyna Soar wrote:

I hardly ever criticize grammatical, spelling or punctuation
errors. I even mentioned this when I referred to the error :

But you still chose to do it, didn't you, obviously just to have a
cheap shot at Focus.

As I also previously said, by his ill considered and foolish
posts, Focus asks for and deserves whatever ridicule he gets. It's
well earned but he's earnest (perhaps too much so) and his
contributions are occasionally useful/welcome, unlike you that
materialized out of thin air and has no contributions yet other than
your attacks. It's entirely possible that you're a new sock puppet
reviving a dormant agenda, but whether you are or aren't, it's
unlikely that you'll ever be more than an inconsequential pest.

Old April 16th 09, 03:41 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
ASAAR

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:07:43 +0800, Dyna Soar wrote:

As I also previously said, by his ill considered and foolish
posts, Focus asks for and deserves whatever ridicule he gets. It's
well earned but he's earnest (perhaps too much so) and his
contributions are occasionally useful/welcome, unlike you that
materialized out of thin air

"materialized out of thin air"?
I've been posting regularly to Usenet using this nick for over ten years at
least. Your not recognising it is irrelevant. Who remembers all posters?

Usenet is quite a bit larger than this newsgroup and I relied on
my newsreader's database, not on my memory. I don't even subscribe
to all of the ones that this msg. is addressed to ("aus.photo,
rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, and
uk.rec.photo.misc"). How long have you been posting to
rec.photo.digital? I didn't find any other messages from you going
back a good number of months. Perhaps you posted here years ago, or
perhaps more recently to other newsgroups, almost all of which I
never read?

and has no contributions yet other than
your attacks.

Attacks? LOL. I criticised you, not for your criticism of Focus' apparent
foolish posts on matters photographic (in fact, I agreed with you).

The "?" after "Attacks" indicates that you think that what you
wrote wasn't an attack, and the "LOL" indicates that you found it
amusing. If you think that when you wrote that you think that I'm
an "arrogant, self-centred pedant!" (and repeated it in your next
reply) then there's a disconnect between you and reality.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, doesn't make you less of an
arrogant pedant though.

Ah, the third time's the charm. You have little imagination and
are stuck in a verbal rut. As Mr. T would say, I pity the fool . . .
As you didn't comment on the possibility that you may be a sock
puppet, its odds go up a bit. I await your next release of bile.