New: Nikon D5000

Old April 13th 09, 04:11 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Focus[_5_]

Default New: Nikon D5000

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=31583013

http://www.sofmap.com/product_detail...gid=AW03010200

2.7 swivel screen

Price about 650 ?

--
---
Focus

Old April 14th 09, 11:18 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
ASAAR

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:30:24 +0100, Focus wrote:

The idiot "Focus" will buy one, and find that one or two of his images
are out of focus, or poorly exposed. He will then post at length about
his "problems" on here, displaying the usual near-complete lack of
knowledge of the basic principles of photography.
. . .
Well, you should know the routine by now. It repeats itself every time
Nikon introduces a new model. ;-)

To satisfy you and your illiterate buddies: yes, I will buy this one for a
number of reasons.

Chief among them is that just as it is with the fabled scorpion,
you will buy because it is your nature.

Poor Canon must be in tears: they never come up with something new or
original. Just some increase in MP at the cost of IQ with every single new
camera.

With pronouncements such as these, are you surprised that some
people regard you as an idiot? FYI, many of Canon's DSLRs (starting
with, but not limited to the 40D and 50D) are much better for macro
and some other types of photography than anything Nikon or other
companies offer, because Canon came up with something new and
original. Not long ago Nikon introduced three impressive PC-E
Nikkors, but Canon just trumped them with their new offering, which
also benefited from something new and original, at least where DSLR
lenses are concerned. Nikon now has some DSLRs that provide
amazingly good low noise, high ISO performance, but not until the D3
put them near par with Canon's DSLRs, which for several years had
sensors that offered something new and better than what other
manufacturers provided. While you may not be an idiot, you sure
display an unfortunate combination of ignorance, lack of wisdom, and
the propensity to have strong opinions of things you know little of.

All people seem to be idiots to you, aren't they?
You're just too kind with words.

I normally wouldn't have commented on that poorly constructed
sentence, but as you followed it with one talking about "words", it
seemed to beg for someone to help you out by noting that you should
have paid more attention in class when the rules for assembling
words into proper sentences were taught. Know whut I mean, Vern?

Old April 15th 09, 12:49 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Focus[_5_]

"ASAAR" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:30:24 +0100, Focus wrote:

The idiot "Focus" will buy one, and find that one or two of his images
are out of focus, or poorly exposed. He will then post at length about
his "problems" on here, displaying the usual near-complete lack of
knowledge of the basic principles of photography.
. . .
Well, you should know the routine by now. It repeats itself every time
Nikon introduces a new model. ;-)

To satisfy you and your illiterate buddies: yes, I will buy this one for
number of reasons.

Chief among them is that just as it is with the fabled scorpion,
you will buy because it is your nature.

And that would be a bad thing, right?
If more people stopped complaining about this darn "crisis" and buy more
stuff like me, the whole "crisis" would be over in a heartbeat.

[...]

I'm not talking about the past. I live in the here and now. The last few
camera that came out from Canon have seen an increase in MP, but a decrease
in IQ, while Nikon has gone the other way: same "old" 12 MP, but every new
one has an increase in IQ.
Don't know about others, but I prefer the latter.

All people seem to be idiots to you, aren't they?
You're just too kind with words.

I normally wouldn't have commented on that poorly constructed
sentence, but as you followed it with one talking about "words", it
seemed to beg for someone to help you out by noting that you should
have paid more attention in class when the rules for assembling
words into proper sentences were taught. Know whut I mean, Vern?

Well, excuse me for the fact that I speak 4 languages fluently, 3 more a
little bit and Portuguese I'm still learning. English being my second
language.
After a car accident, a few years ago, my spelling isn't that great anymore.
But before I post again, I'll have it checked by my sister who's a professor
in English literature.

--
---
Focus

Old April 15th 09, 12:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PDM[_2_]

Default Nikon D5000

"Focus" wrote in message
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=31583013

http://www.sofmap.com/product_detail...gid=AW03010200

2.7 swivel screen

Price about 650 ?

--
---
Focus

Strange thing is, it appears to be a replacement/upgrade to the D90 and not
the D300 which at least some of us were expecting. Wonder what real
improvements, if any, there are?
PDM

Old April 15th 09, 01:40 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Rob Morley

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:49:59 +0100
"Focus" wrote:

After a car accident, a few years ago, my spelling isn't that great
anymore.

So did you have OCD/impulse control problems before your brain injury,
or did they result from it?

Old April 15th 09, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Nobody[_4_]

"Get lost" wrote in message
On Apr 13, 11:11 am, "Focus" wrote:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=31583013

http://www.sofmap.com/product_detail...9/-/gid=AW0301...

2.7 swivel screen

Price about 650 ?

In Canada, D5000 w/18~55VR $1060 CAD. w/ 18~105VR $1250 CAD. and the New
AF-S Nikon 10~24/3.5-4.5 is $1100 CAD.

Old April 15th 09, 02:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PDM
wrote:

Strange thing is, it appears to be a replacement/upgrade to the D90 and not
the D300 which at least some of us were expecting. Wonder what real
improvements, if any, there are?

it's an upgrade for the d60, not the d90.
Old April 15th 09, 04:09 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
ASAAR

[...]

Only the last (better high ISO performance) refers to Canon's past
superiority. Nikon is still behind Canon in the other areas
mentioned. Did this escape your attention or is your problem one of
comprehension? Also, you can ask your sister to also proofread that
last sentence.

All people seem to be idiots to you, aren't they?
You're just too kind with words.

I normally wouldn't have commented on that poorly constructed
sentence, but as you followed it with one talking about "words", it
seemed to beg for someone to help you out by noting that you should
have paid more attention in class when the rules for assembling
words into proper sentences were taught. Know whut I mean, Vern?

Well, excuse me for the fact that I speak 4 languages fluently, 3 more a
little bit and Portuguese I'm still learning. English being my second
language.
After a car accident, a few years ago, my spelling isn't that great anymore.
But before I post again, I'll have it checked by my sister who's a professor
in English literature.

It's not about a spelling error. You also didn't pay attention to
the words that I wrote, because you'll see that you were told that
the problem had to do with the words that you used. Spelling errors
or typos tend to be due to letter mistakes. The ability to speak
eight languages would normally be something to be admired, but in
your case we'd like to know if you switched to the other languages
when you found something in the previous ones that displeased you.

Old April 15th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PDM[_2_]

"nospam" wrote in message
In article , PDM
wrote:

Strange thing is, it appears to be a replacement/upgrade to the D90 and
not
the D300 which at least some of us were expecting. Wonder what real
improvements, if any, there are?

it's an upgrade for the d60, not the d90.

Thanks for putting me right. As the price is pitched around the same price
as a D90 (got my D90 body for £562, new) I assumed it was a replacement for
this model. So having only just bought it, I'm relieved; hate buying stuff
that gets replaced only weeks away.
PDM

Old April 15th 09, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
measekite

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:56:31 +0100, PDM wrote:

"Focus" wrote in message
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=31583013

http://www.sofmap.com/product_detail...gid=AW03010200

2.7 swivel screen

Price about 650 ?

--
---
Focus

Strange thing is, it appears to be a replacement/upgrade to the D90 and not
the D300 which at least some of us were expecting. Wonder what real
improvements, if any, there are?
PDM

It appears to be a downgrade to the D90 in many respects. While it has an
articulating LCD (nice) the resolution and size is found lacking.