C-41 film in Rodinal

Old March 14th 08, 07:29 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default C-41 film in Rodinal

jjs wrote:

What kind of camera stuff does Golden Camera sell? Or Jugend Brothers? No
chemistry? Or is it still pricey even though they (might) buy in quantities?

Digital. I happen to own the last set of 35mm reloadable casettes and
the last 100 foot roll of black and white film that Jugend sold. I also
had their last bottle of HC-110, but it had turned bad from age before I
got it and I had to dump it. These were bought over a year ago.

At the time, they did not say they would never never get any more of
either in. The salesperson answered the question with an Israeli shrug,
which means, I'm not going to commit myself, but don't expect to see them.

If not for Betzalel Institute, a "world famous" art school, and a few
smaller ones that aren't, there would be no film sold in this
country except disposable cameras and c-41 color. Most of that is sold
to tourists.

Everyone has gone over to digital.

The day Betzalel drops their film classes, will be the day the last store
that still carries darkroom stuff drops it too.

Geoff.
Old March 14th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
jjs wrote:

What kind of camera stuff does Golden Camera sell? Or Jugend Brothers?
No
chemistry? Or is it still pricey even though they (might) buy in
quantities?

Digital. I happen to own the last set of 35mm reloadable casettes and
the last 100 foot roll of black and white film that Jugend sold.

I should have realized that.

If not for Betzalel Institute, a "world famous" art school, and a few
smaller ones that aren't, there would be no film sold in this
country except disposable cameras and c-41 color. Most of that is sold
to tourists.

Is it difficult to bypass import customs somehow? Frankly, while I truly
understand the rationale for taxation, it nonetheless seems out of control.

Old March 14th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

John wrote:

Now that would take some doing ! I've seen HC110 that was 10 years out
of date that was as orange as Kodak Indicator Stop Bath and it still
worked fine.

This was almost as dark as a cup of coffee. Just to make sure, I put
some undiluted in a container and stuck a trimming of PAN-F in it.
After 5 minutes in room light it had turned a light grey. :-(

By that time I would have expected it to be black.

BTW, it was the "EURO" liquid instead of the U.S. "syrup".

Geoff.

Old March 14th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

jjs wrote:
Is it difficult to bypass import customs somehow? Frankly, while I truly
understand the rationale for taxation, it nonetheless seems out of control.

The only way to bypass customs is to have a tourist bring it in their
luggage. Since almost all developing chemicals are forbidden in luggage
now, it just leaves film, which has a good chance of being X-rayed (and
not the weak X-rays of an airport checking scanner) or gamma-ray scanned.

Geoff.

no more apx 100 + rodinal, what to do? P. Jovells In The Darkroom 15 December 16th 05 10:39 PM
where can you buy rodinal lately? [email protected] In The Darkroom 28 December 12th 05 12:31 AM
Pan-F with Rodinal (1:100) Matt McGrattan In The Darkroom 0 March 25th 05 10:20 PM
Rodinal Hektor Gonzal In The Darkroom 67 April 7th 04 03:32 PM
Rodinal Alparslan In The Darkroom 14 April 3rd 04 10:23 PM