Question re Best Basic Software Package

Old August 7th 04, 04:21 AM
Robin MacNab

Default Question re Best Basic Software Package

I am new to digital photography and have just begun to experiment with
editing etc. I understand the Adobe Photo Shop is the best software
package for editing, but I think that is expensive and probably a lot
more than I need. I basically just need a "quick fix" feature, and a
automatic red eye fixer, plus a bit of cropping capability. One
feature I would really like to have is the ability to remove a spot
like a pimple etc and copy over that with a nearby colour - from
elsewhere on the face, for example. Could somebody recommend a good
basic (and inexpensive) package that would do all this?
Old August 7th 04, 04:54 AM
Petr

Adobe Photoshop Elements. Basic version of Photoshop. Works quite well as
long as you don't need to severely edit a photograph.

om...

Old August 7th 04, 05:09 AM
wayne

Paint shop pro from JASC is usally highly rated and priced reasonable

It is 89 dollars at amazon then there are 50 bucks in rebates!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...836723-4308025

Wayne

Old August 7th 04, 09:07 AM
Ron Hunter

Robin MacNab wrote:
I am new to digital photography and have just begun to experiment with
editing etc. I understand the Adobe Photo Shop is the best software
package for editing, but I think that is expensive and probably a lot
more than I need. I basically just need a "quick fix" feature, and a
automatic red eye fixer, plus a bit of cropping capability. One
feature I would really like to have is the ability to remove a spot
like a pimple etc and copy over that with a nearby colour - from
elsewhere on the face, for example. Could somebody recommend a good
basic (and inexpensive) package that would do all this?

Try Photoshop Elements. Runs about $53 at Sam's Club.
Does just what you want. There IS a 'learning curve', so be ready to
invest some time in learning the basics of editing.

Old August 7th 04, 11:10 AM
David J Taylor

Robin MacNab wrote:
I am new to digital photography and have just begun to experiment with
editing etc. I understand the Adobe Photo Shop is the best software

[]
Could somebody recommend a good
basic (and inexpensive) package that would do all this?

JASC's Paint Shop Pro.

Version 8 is current and version 9 is in beta right now - it includes
red-eye removal and some new noise reduction tools for digital camera use.
Very friendly user support forums (newgroups) as well. PSP9 beta is a
free download so why not give it a try?

http://www.jasc.com/community/beta/pspdownload.asp

Cheers,
David