"This compact camera still has no rivals"

Old January 7th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default "This compact camera still has no rivals"

Yeap, Fujifilm/Finepix F31fd kicks ass yet again:

&

" the Fujifilm Finepix F31fd is currently the new best compact,
carry-everywhere digital camera for the discerning photographer"

AMEM................

Benchmarked....................AGAIN!

K202

Old January 7th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rudy Benner

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeap, Fujifilm/Finepix F31fd kicks ass yet again:

&

" the Fujifilm Finepix F31fd is currently the new best compact,
carry-everywhere digital camera for the discerning photographer"

AMEM................

Benchmarked....................AGAIN!

K202

BELIEFS ARE STRONGER THAN FACTS !

Old January 7th 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

" wrote:
this dickhead has nothing new to say

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Old January 7th 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
minnesøtti

Paul Heslop wrote:
" wrote:
this dickhead has nothing new to say

Let's beat the camera up there where even Fuji F30 does not catch light.

Old January 7th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
DHB

On 6 Jan 2007 19:08:27 -0800, "
wrote:

Yeap, Fujifilm/Finepix F31fd kicks ass yet again:

&

" the Fujifilm Finepix F31fd is currently the new best compact,
carry-everywhere digital camera for the discerning photographer"

AMEM................

Benchmarked....................AGAIN!

K202

My prediction is that he/she will be advocating the same for the Fuji
F40fd in a couple of months.

My Fuji F11 works very well for what I purchased it for, a pocket size
P&S with good low light abilities. It certainly has it's down sides
such as:
1 xD flash memory.
2 No direct video output to TV from the camera.
3 Comes with in camera battery charging only.

Issue 1 & 2 I can live with & issue 3 was solved buy purchasing a
generic 2nd battery & AC/DC external charger from www.sterlingtek.com

Nice to see that Fuji has finally decided to support SD flash memory,
hopefully across all of their future model cameras. Don't understand
the compulsion that motivates such strong advocacy of a camera make or
model. If something works you, use it. If you think your experience
with a given product may be of use to others, offer it.

Can't help but feel like this is more of an immature, *this
make is better than that 1* like many young & not so young kids did
back in the day of the muscle cars "Ford, Chevy & Chrysler".

Note: I did not see any advocacy based on the positive
personal experience of the O.P. here, just a claim of product
greatness. It may be a great product but it's specifications alone
don't tell the whole story.

As I said, I had to be willing to live with the short comings
of my F11 in order to gain it's positive qualities. Not everybody
will find this choice agreeable & certainly it illustrates that there
are areas where Fuji can & should make improvements.

Supporting SD flash memory cards is a start, I hope they
continue.

Respectfully, DHB

PS I own digital cameras made by Canon, Fuji, Kodak & HP. They all
have their pros & cons. Who's is "best"?, depends on many factors @
the time including the intended use, pocket depth, size desired &
etc................on into infinity!
to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old January 7th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Phil Wheeler

DHB wrote:
On 6 Jan 2007 19:08:27 -0800, "
wrote:

Yeap, Fujifilm/Finepix F31fd kicks ass yet again:

&

" the Fujifilm Finepix F31fd is currently the new best compact,
carry-everywhere digital camera for the discerning photographer"

AMEM................

Benchmarked....................AGAIN!

K202

My prediction is that he/she will be advocating the same for the Fuji
F40fd in a couple of months.

The F40 is really more of an F20 on steroids: No
aperture and shutter priority modes, and ISO stops
at 2000. I expect an F5X series as the F3X successor.

.. . . .

Supporting SD flash memory cards is a start, I hope they
continue.

Indeed. Once they start they cannot stop.

I own digital cameras made by Canon, Fuji, Kodak & HP. They all
have their pros & cons. Who's is "best"?, depends on many factors @
the time including the intended use, pocket depth, size desired &
etc................on into infinity!

Agree. I mostly use Canon, have a Pentax 43WR for
rain use and the F20 .. a great "social" camera
which does well for outdoor, too -- but very
limited in settings compared to Canons (no
settings for sharpness, contrast, saturation).

Phil