CCD cleaning kits

Old May 24th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default CCD cleaning kits

Can anyone point me at CCD/sensor cleaning kit outlets that don't charge
hundreds of pounds for a kit? Or does such a thing not exist?

Old May 24th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

WATCH IT. THIS GUY IS A SPAMMER
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIS OTHER POST IN THIS NEWSGROUP SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO WARN YOU AWAY FROM
HIS PRODUCT.

TRY A REPUTABLE SOURCE. IT ISN'T THAT EXPENSIVE.

Old May 24th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Scott in Florida wrote:

On 24 May 2006 10:49:19 -0700, "Pat"
wrote:

WATCH IT. THIS GUY IS A SPAMMER
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

HIS OTHER POST IN THIS NEWSGROUP SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO WARN YOU AWAY FROM
HIS PRODUCT.

TRY A REPUTABLE SOURCE. IT ISN'T THAT EXPENSIVE.

I would suggest you go take a look at Arthur Morris web site
and get back to me.

Arthur Morris is an excellent bird photographer that suggests
varies products to solve problems we all have.

Go look and get back to me...wbma..

http://

--

Scott in Florida

The link to his site is fine, it is pushing his parts which are for
sale which is spam. In fact on looking at the posted link even that
seems to be about selling stuff. You ARE a spammer.

--
Paul (Wake up the dawn and ask her why)
Stop and Look
Old May 24th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Scott in Florida wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:00:44 GMT, Paul Heslop
wrote:

The link to his site is fine, it is pushing his parts which are for
sale which is spam. In fact on looking at the posted link even that
seems to be about selling stuff. You ARE a spammer.

--
Paul (Wake up the dawn and ask her why)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

LOL

I went to your site and you are trying to sell things....

I guess you ARE a spammer.....

--

Scott in Florida

Scott, you're proving yourself to be a ****. If you can find one thing
on my site which I am trying to sell then feel free to point it out,
to all here.

Old May 25th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Scott in Florida wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2006 22:50:24 GMT, Paul Heslop
wrote:

Scott, you're proving yourself to be a ****. If you can find one thing
on my site which I am trying to sell then feel free to point it out,
to all here.

--
Paul (Wake up the dawn and ask her why)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

OK

From your site....

Nice bit of spamming you did for Yahoo there. None of those are mine

Old May 25th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Alex Hunsley wrote:
Can anyone point me at CCD/sensor cleaning kit outlets that don't charge
hundreds of pounds for a kit? Or does such a thing not exist?

Can of compressed air/gas duster from Staples does the trick on my
D70s. $3.00.
Just squeeze the trigger lightly, making sure the initial charge
doesn't nail the glass, and it'll blow anything off of the filter that
may have accumulated there.

Old May 25th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

The compressed stuff is a little on the powerful side, so be VERY
careful. I think the brushes with the blowers that you squeeze built
in are a little to little. I use one of those bulbs (called syringes)
that you use to clean out your ears, etc. Just a couple of bucks and a
bit more powerful than the photo ones. But not too powerful. However,
if it won't blow off, it still needs a good cleaning.

Old May 25th 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article ,
Alex Hunsley wrote:

Can anyone point me at CCD/sensor cleaning kit outlets that don't charge
hundreds of pounds for a kit? Or does such a thing not exist?

A blower brush is the best thing I've found. Hold the camera face down
and tickle the sensor with the brush while puffing lots of air onto it.
Any camera store that sells expensive lenses or film supplies will sell
these.
Old May 25th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Alex Hunsley wrote:
Can anyone point me at CCD/sensor cleaning kit outlets that don't charge
hundreds of pounds for a kit?

Nothing to sell, but some ideas & thoughts about it (with maybe a tiny
bit of a polemic shadow ;o) at
http://www.prime-junta.net/pont/How_...ur_Sensor.html