[OT - US/Canada] E-85

Old June 3rd 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Default E-85

All Things Mopar wrote:
Today, with great enthusiasm and quite emphatically, Alan Browne
laid this on an unsuspecting readership ...

I'll say it again, the guy who has the most toys when they
die, wins the game. You simply must face the fact that the
world is divided into two groups: those that have it and
those who don't but want it.

And those who have the foresight to understand that the world
does not belong to any one person and their gluttonous and
damaging habits.

The world belongs to those with the balls to go out and take it.

and kill anybody who gets in your way.

--
Ray Fischer

Old June 3rd 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Alan Browne wrote:

If using an automobile for joy, pollution and waste is the height of
your life attainement you are truly an empty husk of a person.

....driving a 2-ton penis extension.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old June 3rd 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Jer wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

If using an automobile for joy, pollution and waste is the height of
your life attainement you are truly an empty husk of a person.

...driving a 2-ton penis extension.

....replacement.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old June 4th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

"All Things Mopar" wrote in message
. ..
Today, with great enthusiasm and quite emphatically, William
Graham laid this on an unsuspecting readership ...
Likely, no one will ever know the answers to these and many other
questions until two things occur, which they will eventually
("what goes around, comes around") - control of Congress passes
to the Blues and a Blue president is elected. One would think
that by now the truly egregious violations of civil liberties by
the provisions of the Patriot Act and minor revisions to the
much-amended 1947 National Security Act would've been challenged
in court by now, wouldn't you?

Many years ago, when I was a young man, fresh out of the service, the CIA
did whatever it wanted to do, and no one was the wiser...They even
assassinated people like Saddam, and Osama when they could, and thereby
saved us millions, perhaps billions of dollars....
Then sometime in the 70's. all this became "Politically incorrect" and a
series of executive orders demanding that the CIA disclose its expenditures,
(and therefore all of its clandestine operations) were written, and so
today, we effectively have no decent spy network at all. Of course, our
enemies don't have to be politically incorrect, so they all have excellent
spy networks, but nobody seems to give a damn about that.
My guess is that most of the information we get about Al Queda leaders
and operations comes from the Israel spy organization, when they deem it
advisable to tell us, for their own purposes, of course......The "blues" as
you put it, are probably very happy about this, but it makes this, "red"
want to throw up.......

Old June 4th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

In article ,
Alan Browne wrote:

Jer wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

If using an automobile for joy, pollution and waste is the height of
your life attainement you are truly an empty husk of a person.

...driving a 2-ton penis extension.

...replacement.

Alan, I appreciate your photo posts but this stuff is totally off-topic
for a photo group. Please take it to a relevant environmental, energy,
or auto newsgroup.
Old June 5th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

All Things Mopar wrote:

For starters, E-85 yield only 75% of the miles/tank and
only 75% of the performance of a gas-only engine, yet costs only
about a nickle less/gal. Explain how that is a savings.

A dependence on foreign oil and a US dollar that has dropped
between 35 and 40%. Fixes some of the foreign exchange problems
and yields and leverages the profit by recycling the savings
back into the US economy

w..

Old June 6th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Tim wrote:

Alan, I appreciate your photo posts but this stuff is totally off-topic
for a photo group. Please take it to a relevant environmental, energy,
or auto newsgroup.

Send me a letter.
Old June 13th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

William Graham wrote:

"Robert Brace" wrote in message
news1Oeg.209839$WI1.175712@pd7tw2no...

"ASAAR" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:46:58 -0700, William Graham wrote:

But tremendous amounts of horsepower and its resulting acceleration
wouldn't do much, because there weren't many long straight
sections..... It would have to make up its losses on the few that there
were.... They did run some powerful machines, like the Cad-Allards, but
they didn't always show too well.....

Sounds like the Sunbeams that were fitted with small Ford V8s
(289?). Very fast but the engine moved the C.O.G. so far forward
that they didn't handle very well.

They were called the Sunbeam Tiger and used the 260ci version of the
small-block Ford engine of the day. I always liked the way they looked
and felt they would form the basis of a truly capable runner if set up
properly.

I understand there is a S. California company that does the same thing
with the Miyata.......

I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that -- witness the AC Cobra
with the 289HP version of that engine that really sat the sportscar world
on its ear. Quite a change from the old AC Bristol.
Bob

Yes....the Cobra was my dream car for years. It had it all. Light weight,
powerful engine. Superb handling.....But like most of my dreams, they
stopped making them just before I had the money to buy one........

Actually, you can get very good facsimiles of the Cobra from a number of
sources. It wasn't all that complex a car.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old June 13th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

John McWilliams wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
All Things Mopar wrote:
I have no credibility to lose, Floyd.

We do agree on something.

But, as I say, you think and do whatever you please. But, to
the extent that "my reputation preceeds me," you should err
on the side of STFU, if you'd like a piece of friendly advice.
Says Gas Guzzler.

Oy! Oxymoron: stfu as friendly advice.

He is confused in more ways that one.

And it won't work with Floyd, thank heaven; I tried and it
didn't work, although I omitted the "tf" from the formula, and
later recanted.

Go get 'em, Floyd.

Three out of four ornery curmudgeons agree the Mopar is toast...

So he *must* be.

I would consider myself to be a "car guy" and according to Georgia Tech I'm
a graduate engineer, and I think he's a loon too.