Stolen Contax G1 System

Old January 2nd 04, 06:37 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

Thanks for any help - Geoff

Surely your travel insurance and/or the airline involved, would be
responsible for replacing/compensating for the stolen items??

Airlines have baggage liability limits, generally $250/bag or less.

Tom P.
Old January 10th 04, 09:31 AM
Robert Meyers

You will also note that for years, "Electronics" are not covered by an of
the liability insurance plans offered by most airlines.

"Arthur Rituz" wrote in message

"G&B Bonnin" wrote in message
Stolen from luggage at either Dulles or LAX airports in the U.S. - Geoff

On 12/27/03 11:05 PM, in article ,

"garry
parker" wrote:

What area/location?

"G&B Bonnin" wrote in message
The following Contax G1 System items were stolen. Please let me know

if
you
come across them. Also, where else can I post this?

G1 Body SN 025199
Biogon 28mm/2.8 lens SN 7531522
Planar 45mm/2.0 lens SN 7647291
Sonnar 90mm/2.8 lens SN 7685251
TLA-140 Flash SN 4z6304

Old January 10th 04, 10:29 AM
William Graham

"Robert Meyers" wrote in message
You will also note that for years, "Electronics" are not covered by an of
the liability insurance plans offered by most airlines.

I believe that you can get riders added to your homeowners insurance policy
that will cover expensive items that you keep with you when you travel
outside your home. Things like cameras and musical instruments are items
that are frequently put on such policies. If you do a lot of traveling with
these kinds of instruments, you would be well advised to insure them for
damage and/or theft. After all, even if you don't take your camera with you,
someone could break into your home while you are gone and steal it, so it's
no less safe while you are traveling with it.........