Price of used 35mm equipment

Old December 25th 03, 06:40 AM
The Spectre

Default Price of used 35mm equipment

WTF, is going on with the price of used 35mm equipment? I can not believe
that Nikon F5's, F4's, n90s's etc.. and associated Nikon f2.8 lenses and
accessories are selling for so little. I mean come on I saw an F5 with MF-28
sell for $725.00!!! And that was after the seller reduced it twice. These
are still current production $1500 - $2000 cameras. Also, f2.8 glass is many
times half of new price. Makes me wish I had an extra grand laying around.

Old December 25th 03, 07:43 AM
Clanger

"The Spectre" wrote in message
.. .
WTF, is going on with the price of used 35mm equipment? I can not believe
that Nikon F5's, F4's, n90s's etc.. and associated Nikon f2.8 lenses and
accessories are selling for so little. I mean come on I saw an F5 with

MF-28
sell for $725.00!!! And that was after the seller reduced it twice. These
are still current production $1500 - $2000 cameras. Also, f2.8 glass is

many
times half of new price. Makes me wish I had an extra grand laying around.

DIGITALLLLLLLLLL that's what.

Old December 25th 03, 09:51 AM
Steve Kramer

The Spectre wrote:

WTF, is going on with the price of used 35mm equipment? I can not believe
that Nikon F5's, F4's, n90s's etc.. and associated Nikon f2.8 lenses and
accessories are selling for so little.

That is PRECISELY why I chose to sell off all my film bodies when I did.
Very soon you won't be ABLE to sell them at all! You may be able to give
them away though... if you can find people still wanting them.

Steve Kramer
Chiang Mai, Thailand
http://www.photoenvisions.com

--
"The voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new horizons,
but in seeing with new eyes." - Marcel Proust
Old December 25th 03, 10:24 AM
David J. Littleboy

"Steve Kramer" wrote:
The Spectre wrote:

WTF, is going on with the price of used 35mm equipment? I can not

believe
that Nikon F5's, F4's, n90s's etc.. and associated Nikon f2.8 lenses and
accessories are selling for so little.

That is PRECISELY why I chose to sell off all my film bodies when I did.
Very soon you won't be ABLE to sell them at all! You may be able to give
them away though... if you can find people still wanting them.

If you still have a Contax G and a lens (any Contax G lens), I'll take them
off your hands*. It would be amusing to own the highest resolution 35mm
camera ever made just as a conversation piece.

*: I might even pay you something if I can look at them first. You don't
make it back to Japan occasionally, do you???

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old December 25th 03, 10:29 AM
Deathwalker

Jessops will be halting trade in cos they have so much stock they can't
shift. They will be dropping the price up to 50% at managers discression in
a drive to get rid of it. Nice time for buyers and film die hards.
Proust

Old December 25th 03, 11:14 AM
Peter Chant

Steve Kramer writes:

That is PRECISELY why I chose to sell off all my film bodies when I did.
Very soon you won't be ABLE to sell them at all! You may be able to give
them away though... if you can find people still wanting them.

That does not explain lenses, or does it? I suppose DSLR's are still
much dearer than their film counterparts so people are just getting out
of SLRs to go digital.

--

http://www.petezilla.co.uk

Old December 25th 03, 11:30 AM
Steve Kramer

"David J. Littleboy" wrote:

"Steve Kramer" wrote:
The Spectre wrote:

WTF, is going on with the price of used 35mm equipment? I can not

believe
that Nikon F5's, F4's, n90s's etc.. and associated Nikon f2.8 lenses and
accessories are selling for so little.

That is PRECISELY why I chose to sell off all my film bodies when I did.
Very soon you won't be ABLE to sell them at all! You may be able to give
them away though... if you can find people still wanting them.

If you still have a Contax G and a lens (any Contax G lens), I'll take them
off your hands*. It would be amusing to own the highest resolution 35mm
camera ever made just as a conversation piece.

Sorry, but I sold the Contax G2, the 21mm, 45mm, 90mm, and flash all as
one package. Got almost what I paid for it all too! Surprised the hell
out of me!

*: I might even pay you something if I can look at them first. You don't
make it back to Japan occasionally, do you???

We do come back once in a while, mostly for family matters, but we
usually go to Kyushu. We still keep a 3LDK condominium (fronted by a
bamboo forest and Zen temple...) in the Osaka area if anyone would like
to buy that... )

Old December 25th 03, 12:28 PM
RustY ©

"The Spectre" wrote in message
.. .
WTF, is going on with the price of used 35mm equipment?

Its called 'Supply and Demand' the market is flooded with second hand film
gear as everyone moves over to digital. 35mm cameras will never be
expensive again.
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

Old December 25th 03, 02:05 PM
Dennis O'Connor

It is not the end of the world - and I have added to my C330 bodies, lenses,
recently for pennies on the dollar, so I'm pleased...
IF I choose to go seriously digital I will keep my F5 bodies and simply add
D1X, or whatever, to the body count and keep shooting... It's like the stock
market - on paper I may have a loss but until I sell it's only scribbles on
paper - and it may go up..

Cheers ... Denny