More on the Mirrorless Battles

Old September 17th 18, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default More on the Mirrorless Battles

On Sep 17, 2018, wrote
(in ):

I never heard it before.

Never heard what before?

Sometimes you need to not snip ALL of the post you are responding to.

Savageduck

Old September 17th 18, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Yeah, thanks.

I do tend to oner-snip.

But keeping all the garbage in every post is far worse.
Old September 17th 18, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I expect that 'Retina Display' is trade-marked and nospam is in error
applying the term as broadly as he just has.

i'm not the one applying it broadly.

yes, apple trademarked the name, but because they were first to mass
market it, it has become somewhat of a generic term, which i explained
in another post.

THat's dangerous to Apple's abiliy to continue 'Retina Display' as a
Trade Mark.

people 'photoshop an image' even if they use other software to do it.

It's still dangerous.

it's reality.

apple, adobe, google, etc. can (and do) say not to use it generically,
but they can't force everyone to do that.

people were calling non-apple mp3 players ipods.
the list goes on...
Old September 17th 18, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

THis from the guy who routinely deletes text when replying to posts
and justifies it by saying that if you want to know what was
previously there you should look up the thread.

i *always* quote the relevant context in my replies.

Your version of 'relevant'.

yep. i'm the one commenting so i get to decide what parts i respond to,
which are always quoted.

i delete what is superfluous. in other words, noise.

Once again your version of 'superfluous' or 'noise'. To make matters
worse you _never_ indicate that you have made such deletions.

that is complete bull****.

Are you claiming that you have at some time indicated your snipping or
deleting text in an article you are responding to? Can you point to an
example?

every post.

better yet, ignore it.

Refuge of someone who's lost an argument.

nope.

like that part that you didn't snip. you didn't comment on it and there
is no need to include it. it's noise.

once again, you didn't snip superfluous text.

you on the other hand, do *not* snip when appropriate.
Old September 17th 18, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I expect that 'Retina Display' is trade-marked and nospam is in error
applying the term as broadly as he just has.

Yup! You will not find Dell, HP, nor any manufacturer other than Apple
referring
to high resolution displays as ³Retina Displays².

But you will find nospam doing that. That was why I was pointing out
that he should not do that.

bull****.

Old September 17th 18, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

I never heard it before.

Never heard what before?

Sometimes you need to not snip ALL of the post you are responding to.

not just sometimes.
Old September 17th 18, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

I do tend to oner-snip.

But keeping all the garbage in every post is far worse.

nobody said to keep all the garbage.

keep what's relevant for context and snip the rest.
Old September 17th 18, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

because modern computers have higher resolution displays, some
significantly so. upscaling is going to look like ****.

Not sure what you mean by upscaling.

then you shouldn't be writing software.

I assume you're refering to my
method of designing software to act maximally according to the
available screen resolution, i.e. - computing a point for each
available screen pixcel and nothing else.

no.

If a higher resolution screen comes into popular use, I'll just adjust
my software to include the new resolution as an add choice to the
existing resolutions.

it did, many years ago.

you also should be auto-detecting the window size, which can change at
any time, as can the display resolution for that matter.

No big deal and it will always look perfect and run the fastest.

based on what you've said, no.
Old September 17th 18, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Well, all I can say is that you should really try making sense once in
a while.

Also, I'll match my software against any garbage you might produce any
time.