photo editor for iPad

Old April 11th 16, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
isw

Default photo editor for iPad

A not-at-all-technical friend has an iPad and would like to edit some
photos (something she has never done before) on it. I have a Mac but not
an iPad and am comfortable with Photoshop and GIMP, so I expect I could
help her to get started.

Are there some decent photo editors for the iPad? Free or very
inexpensive would be best, and there's no need for a lot of
sophistication -- just some simple cropping, rotation, color and
contrast adjustments. No need for layers, masks, etc; she'd never figure
out how to use them.

thx

Isaac
Old April 11th 16, 05:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , isw
wrote:

A not-at-all-technical friend has an iPad and would like to edit some
photos (something she has never done before) on it. I have a Mac but not
an iPad and am comfortable with Photoshop and GIMP, so I expect I could
help her to get started.

Are there some decent photo editors for the iPad? Free or very
inexpensive would be best, and there's no need for a lot of
sophistication -- just some simple cropping, rotation, color and
contrast adjustments. No need for layers, masks, etc; she'd never figure
out how to use them.

apple's photos, lightroom, pixelmator and ****loads more.

search the app store.
Old April 11th 16, 05:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , isw wrote:

A not-at-all-technical friend has an iPad and would like to edit
some photos (something she has never done before) on it. I have a
Mac but not an iPad and am comfortable with Photoshop and GIMP, so I
expect I could help her to get started.

Are there some decent photo editors for the iPad? Free or very
inexpensive would be best, and there's no need for a lot of
sophistication -- just some simple cropping, rotation, color and
contrast adjustments.

Yeah, it's built in. Use the Photos app. Works like a charm.

--
Sandman
Old April 11th 16, 06:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-04-11 16:47:42 +0000, Sandman said:

In article , isw wrote:

A not-at-all-technical friend has an iPad and would like to edit
some photos (something she has never done before) on it. I have a
Mac but not an iPad and am comfortable with Photoshop and GIMP, so I
expect I could help her to get started.

Are there some decent photo editors for the iPad? Free or very
inexpensive would be best, and there's no need for a lot of
sophistication -- just some simple cropping, rotation, color and
contrast adjustments.

Yeah, it's built in. Use the Photos app. Works like a charm.

I agree. Editing with the iPad Photos App is the best solution if all
that is needed is simple functions. No need to go any further.

That said there are several others which are free and provide a few extras.

Snapseed
Adobe Photoshop Fix
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for iPad (can work well alone on iPad, but
other features are available with Adobe CC account)
Adobe Photoshop Mix (if you need to work with layers and/or do
compositing, will need at minimum a free Adobe Account)
Adobe Photoshop Express (Minimal stuff, you might as well stick with
the iPad Photos tools)
....and
Adobe Photoshop Touch (no longer available, replaced by PS Fix and PS Mix)

Savageduck

Old April 11th 16, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-04-11 16:47:42 +0000, Sandman said:

In article , isw wrote:

[...]

....and if you want to spend $4.99, Pixelmator for iOS is pretty
sophisticated and provides powerful iPad image editing tools for a good
value price. It just takes a little practice to work with.
http://www.pixelmator.com/ios/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixelmator/id924695435?mt=8

Savageduck