Webhosting

Old June 24th 04, 09:51 PM
Anita

Default Webhosting

I recently switched from Yahoo! webhosting to IX Webhosting because
Yahoo! was limiting my email attachment size. While I like having
anonymous FTP with IX Webhosting and it's easy to talk to tech
support, their claim of 99% uptime is ridiculous! In the month that I
have had them for a hosting service, my website and/or email have been
down for hours at least once a week. I'm so frustrated by it, that I
will probably switch back to Yahoo! or another well-known service. I
don't trust another virtually unknown provider.

"Hal" wrote in message . ..
Yes, I'm an affiliated. However, if you'd prefer to deal direct, here's the
link:

www.ixwebhosting.com

Hal Lowe
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/send_email_new.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com
http://wc.halowe-graphics.com

"Hal" wrote in message
Ah man, I'll try my direct link. Here ya go (I hope):

https://www.ixwebhosting.com/cgi-bin....cgi?id=halowe

Hal Lowe
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/send_email_new.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com
http://wc.halowe-graphics.com

"Hal" wrote in message
Well, a link might have been nice:

IX Wwebhosting

Hal Lowe
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/send_email_new.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com
http://wc.halowe-graphics.com

"Hal" wrote in message
I use these folks: IX Webhosting

Great prices and unbelievably great tech support! I think they

currently
have sites starting at $4.95 USD.

BTW, they're my webhosting company and I'm extremely well pleased with

them.
Moved over from Yahoo and haven't regretted the move for a minute.

Regards,

Hal Lowe
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/send_email_new.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html
http://www.halowe-graphics.com
http://wc.halowe-graphics.com

"Babbling Brook Photography"

wrote
in message ...
Look at www.ipowerweb.com , they have lots of extras included in

their
packages at cheap prices.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Babbling Brook Photography

"Mike McCloud" wrote in message
I am thinking aboy registering a domain and starting a web site.

Any
suggestions for a web host?

Old June 24th 04, 11:23 PM
Hal

Hi Anita,

Thanks, I was just about to update this post myself.

I've had exactly the same experiences that you described. I've already
switched to 1&1 Webhosting and haven't had any problems whatsoever. In
fact, they've been outstanding. The tools and layout of their control
panel are a bit different, but they're options are much better. That is, I
can now have three domains and up to fifty subdomains. Since my principal
domains are still registered with Network Solutions, they don't even count
towards the three. They're considered external domains. Here's a link if
you're interested in checking them out:

http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019

Thanks again!

Hal Lowe
http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?...name=web_email
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
audios)
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)

"Anita" wrote in message
om...
I recently switched from Yahoo! webhosting to IX Webhosting because
Yahoo! was limiting my email attachment size. While I like having
anonymous FTP with IX Webhosting and it's easy to talk to tech
support, their claim of 99% uptime is ridiculous! In the month that I
have had them for a hosting service, my website and/or email have been
down for hours at least once a week. I'm so frustrated by it, that I
will probably switch back to Yahoo! or another well-known service. I
don't trust another virtually unknown provider.

. ..