Cell Phone Picture Gallery

Old January 6th 07, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
[email protected]

Default Cell Phone Picture Gallery

I am attempting to build a website dedicated to cell phone camera
pictures - hopefully creative pictures. There used to be a gallery in
Florida which would display digital photography from any contributors.
I am hoping to do something like that because I have found that it is
possible to take creative and interesting photos with the somewhat
primitive cell phone cameras.

I am hoping people will visit the website and view the photos, provide
comments, and even submit cell phone camera photos of their own.

If you find this idea interesting - let me know and let your friends
know as well.

http://PicsByPhone.googlepages.com/home

Thank you,
Ari

Old January 6th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Adrian Boliston

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

The problem I have seen with cell phone pictures it that the transfers
often produce damaged .jpg files. Surely this causes a bit of trouble for
potential contributors. My wife's phone makes pretty good pictures, but I
have no way to get them OUT of the camera.

Doesn't the phone have a usb lead to connect to your computer? Does it
have bluetooth? Can you take the memory card out of the phone and use a
card reader or slot on your pc to read the card?

cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

Old January 6th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
David H. Lipman

From: "Ron Hunter"

| The problem I have seen with cell phone pictures it that the transfers
| often produce damaged .jpg files. Surely this causes a bit of trouble
| for potential contributors. My wife's phone makes pretty good pictures,
| but I have no way to get them OUT of the camera.

Verizon phones can email the pictutres. However, cell phone picture quality sucks !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old January 6th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

The quality and the ease of use are what I am interested in for my
website (http://PicsByPhone.googlepages.com/home). While the quality
of the pictures are not the same as a 5mb pixel camera with a decent
lens, I think it is possible to take creative and interesting photos
with a cell phone camera. Take a look on my website - the images there
were taken with my Razr.

Everyone out there - send your cell phone camera photos and I will post
them on my website - and then we can see how creative people can get
with their cell phone cameras.

Email them to me at or send them directly from your
phone to the same address.

Ari
http://PicsByPhone.googlepages.com/home

From: "Ron Hunter"

Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.htmlhttp://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old January 6th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Matt Ion

David H. Lipman wrote:

However, cell phone picture quality sucks !

All depends on how you define "quality". A picture can be INTERESTING without
conforming to any sort of quantitative "quality" measurements.

A couple examples (including my own critiques):
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1294905
http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1468645
Old January 6th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Ron Hunter

Adrian Boliston wrote:
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

The problem I have seen with cell phone pictures it that the transfers
often produce damaged .jpg files. Surely this causes a bit of trouble for
potential contributors. My wife's phone makes pretty good pictures, but I
have no way to get them OUT of the camera.

Doesn't the phone have a usb lead to connect to your computer? Does it
have bluetooth? Can you take the memory card out of the phone and use a
card reader or slot on your pc to read the card?

cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

It has bluetooth, but the computer(s) don't. No USB lead. Memory card
is a SIM, incompatible with any of the 5 card readers I have.
Old January 6th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
[email protected]

Do you have the ability to send messages with the phone? You can email
the pictures direct to me, or to your computer and then to me.

Ari

On Jan 6, 12:11 pm, Ron Hunter wrote:
Adrian Boliston wrote:
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

The problem I have seen with cell phone pictures it that the transfers
often produce damaged .jpg files. Surely this causes a bit of trouble for
potential contributors. My wife's phone makes pretty good pictures, but I
have no way to get them OUT of the camera.

Doesn't the phone have a usb lead to connect to your computer? Does it
have bluetooth? Can you take the memory card out of the phone and use a
card reader or slot on your pc to read the card?

cheers adrianwww.boliston.co.ukIt has bluetooth, but the computer(s) don't. No USB lead. Memory card

is a SIM, incompatible with any of the 5 card readers I have.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old January 6th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
skip

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Adrian Boliston wrote:
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

The problem I have seen with cell phone pictures it that the transfers
often produce damaged .jpg files. Surely this causes a bit of trouble
for potential contributors. My wife's phone makes pretty good pictures,
but I have no way to get them OUT of the camera.

Doesn't the phone have a usb lead to connect to your computer? Does it
have bluetooth? Can you take the memory card out of the phone and use a
card reader or slot on your pc to read the card?

cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

It has bluetooth, but the computer(s) don't. No USB lead. Memory card is
a SIM, incompatible with any of the 5 card readers I have.

My telephone, a new to me LG VX 8300, has a 512k micro SD memory card that
comes with a Scan Disk TransFlash adapter that will fit a regularly
available card reader.

Seems to work fine.