How to change lighting

Old October 29th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mojtaba

Default How to change lighting

hi,

Sorry for the choice of topic which is not precise.
I have taken some pictures inndoors, where to get the korners of the
building clear I had to use long shutter time without flash. As
expected there is yellow light cast from the lighting of the house on
the pictures. Is there any way to correct this in photoshop?

Thanks

Mojtaba
Old October 31st 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Mojtaba wrote:
hi,

Sorry for the choice of topic which is not precise.
I have taken some pictures inndoors, where to get the korners of the
building clear I had to use long shutter time without flash. As
expected there is yellow light cast from the lighting of the house on
the pictures. Is there any way to correct this in photoshop?

Thanks

Mojtaba

Try auto color (doesn't work on some older versions, but in mine I can
just hit Ctrl+Alt+B). Didn't work? Go to your histogram (Ctrl+L)
select the white eye dropper and then click somewhere that should be
white in your image, OR, select the black eyedropper and click
somewhere that should be black in your image, OR, choose the middle
eyedropper and click somewhere grey in your image. With either
technique, if you like the direction it took with your image but feel
it went too far, hit Ctrl+Shift+F and fade back the effect a little, or
a lot, depending on preference. All of those are meant to be quick and
easy ways of correcting color balance. The more direct way is to
adjust color balance directly and push the yellow/blue slider towards
blue. You're most likely going to find two things, though: for one,
the image is probably off by more than just yellow, some green will
often creep in there from the mercury lights, so you'll have to piddle
with more than the yellow/blue slider. For two, when details in a
scene are revealed by a certain colored light, adjusting that color can
lose detail/change the lighting balance of the scene.
Have fun!

Old October 31st 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

wrote:
Mojtaba wrote:
hi,

Sorry for the choice of topic which is not precise.
I have taken some pictures inndoors, where to get the korners of the
building clear I had to use long shutter time without flash. As
expected there is yellow light cast from the lighting of the house on
the pictures. Is there any way to correct this in photoshop?

Thanks

Mojtaba

The more direct way is to
adjust color balance directly and push the yellow/blue slider towards
blue.

Sorry, should have said, click Image/Adjust/Color Balance and then push
the yellow/blue slider...