card reader for 1 gig type m xd card reader?

Old December 12th 05, 02:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default card reader for 1 gig type m xd card reader?

I have been using the MediaGear USB 2.0 card reader which has a slot
for an XD card.

It worked well with the 16mb card that came with my Fujifilm A210
camera, but when I inserted the 1 gig xd card into the reader nothing
appeared.

Does anyone know of a card reader that IS compatible with XD 1 gig type
M card?

best, Aaron

Old December 12th 05, 04:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I use the Sandisk 12-in-one reader. I use a 2 gig SD card and it works
perfectly. There is an XD slot and I would assume it would read a 1 gig
card of that type.
Ed

oups.com...

Old December 12th 05, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Aaron,

I have been using the MediaGear USB 2.0 card reader which has a slot
for an XD card.
It worked well with the 16mb card that came with my Fujifilm A210
camera, but when I inserted the 1 gig xd card into the reader nothing
appeared.
Does anyone know of a card reader that IS compatible with XD 1 gig type
M card?

I have the same situation. I bought an internal card reader from
http://www.xpcgear.com/16in1fceplte.html. It works fine with the original
16Meg card, but locks up the system if I try to access my 1 Gig XD card.

My reader appears identical to the Bytec reader at
http://www.byteccusa.com/product/car...r/U2CR-418.htm, and seems to be
sold by many vendors under generic names. But I haven't found any mention
of 1 gig compatibility, or new drivers to support the larger cards.

So far, the only reader I've seen that "claims" 1 gig compatibility is the
Olympus Mausb-300.

https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...sku=200335-410

Unfortunately, it's an adapter that plugs into a USB port and not a true
internal reader. So at this point, I'm still using the messy cable hookup
that came with my Fuji F10 camera.

If you find a solution, please share it here.

Thanks!

Anthony
Old December 16th 05, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Aaron,

Does anyone know of a card reader that IS compatible with
XD 1 gig type M card?

I did phone the MediaGear tech support dept & they assured me
that their latest model, a 14 in one reader, would work with
1 gig.

Do you have a web site address or a model number for this reader? I
searched for this reader on Google, but couldn't find a 14 in 1 reader on
the mymediagear web site.

Also, is this an INTERNAL card reader? I'm not interested in an external
reader.

Thanks,

Anthony
Old December 16th 05, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

HerHusband wrote:

Aaron,

Does anyone know of a card reader that IS compatible with
XD 1 gig type M card?

I did phone the MediaGear tech support dept & they assured me
that their latest model, a 14 in one reader, would work with
1 gig.

Do you have a web site address or a model number for this reader? I
searched for this reader on Google, but couldn't find a 14 in 1 reader on
the mymediagear web site.

Also, is this an INTERNAL card reader? I'm not interested in an external
reader.

Thanks,

Anthony

I've gone the other way, to an external reader. With two different
internal readers, one with an integral floppy drive, I cannot get either
of the damned things recognized by the OS, win2000 sp4. If, with the
computer running, I unplug from, and replug the device to the m/board
header, it gets recognized, but without that procedure, the OS doesn't
see the reader.

This just doesn't make sense to me. My laser and inkjet printers, and
my scanner, all usb, never get unplugged, but are always recognized no
problem. It's just the card reader. So I went external. If anyone has
an answer for this conundrum, I would be interested ...

Colin D.

PS: Late top-line m/board, Asus P4C800-E DeLuxe, with 8 hi-speed usb
ports.