Lighting

Old April 22nd 04, 01:44 AM
Alan Ruben

Default Lighting

Greetings,

I am looking for recommendations for books and/or sites covering equipment
and techniques for lighting portraits. Any info in that area will be greatly
appreciated.

--
Alan
www.bostonaquariumsociety.org

Old April 22nd 04, 03:04 AM
Pete

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 00:44:21 GMT, Alan Ruben wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for books and/or sites covering equipment
and techniques for lighting portraits. Any info in that area will be greatly
appreciated.

How about "Better Picture Guide to Portrait Photography", David Wilson,
ISBN 2-88046-532-X? Lots of info on lighting and other techniques.

HTH
Old April 24th 04, 06:00 AM
Richard Poole

I am looking for recommendations for books and/or sites covering equipment
and techniques for lighting portraits. Any info in that area will be greatly
appreciated.

--
Alan
www.bostonaquariumsociety.org

Hi,
have a look at

viewing the publication 'The Lighting Workshop' at;
http://www.lmphotonics.com/photoretreat/

available post free.
kind regards,
Richard Poole.

Old April 24th 04, 03:16 PM
Carl Miller

A good place to start is probably www.lightingmagic.com.

--
Carl Miller

http://www.quickinfo247.com/8557444

Old April 29th 04, 04:11 PM
-xiray-

wrote:

Greetings,

I am looking for recommendations for books and/or sites covering equipment
and techniques for lighting portraits. Any info in that area will be greatly
appreciated.

I wish I could remember the name of the book I recently bough as a
present. I think it is simply called "Photographing Nudes." but don't
quote me. I found it while browsing in a Barnes & Noble.

The key feature was that each two page spread showed the resulting
photo as well as the lighting set up with line drawings. I believe
that the specs on the lights used was also listed.

Wonderful book for anyone lighting anything in the studio.

Old April 30th 04, 09:32 AM
Marc 182

In article , do_not@e-
mail.me says...
wrote:

Greetings,

I am looking for recommendations for books and/or sites covering equipment
and techniques for lighting portraits. Any info in that area will be greatly
appreciated.

I wish I could remember the name of the book I recently bough as a
present. I think it is simply called "Photographing Nudes." but don't
quote me. I found it while browsing in a Barnes & Noble.

The key feature was that each two page spread showed the resulting
photo as well as the lighting set up with line drawings. I believe
that the specs on the lights used was also listed.

Wonderful book for anyone lighting anything in the studio.

That's probably Photographing the NUDE by Mike Crawley. Some of the hair
styles on the nekid chix were kind of dated, but yeah, a good book.

Marc