FS: 8 Nikon lenses including 80-200 Nikkor 2.8 zoom and accessories

Old November 11th 03, 08:22 PM
Henry Peña

Default FS: 8 Nikon lenses including 80-200 Nikkor 2.8 zoom and accessories

For Sale: 8 Nikon lenses + some accessories.
Please look at the photographs of the equipment at http://www.ezgenerations.com/images/camera/. Choose the directory of photographs according to your connection speed, Large, Medium, Small. There's pictures there of the Mamiya medium format camera that I'm also selling. Please let me know if you're interested in that, as I have not yet placed the ad.

I have 2 sets of original Nikon front and rear lens covers that will go with the first two lenses purchased.

The manual focus lenses work on practically all modern Nikon SLR's, and are backwards compatible with all the manual focus Nikons. The manual focus Nikkor lenses are built like an armored tank, and can probably withstand an attack. :-) Manual focus fixed lenses (as opposed to auto-focus zooms) are normally much faster than their zoom counter parts. You can really appreciate the speed of the lens in low-light situations where a flash isn't an option.

Compared to today's plasticky auto-focus lenses, these lenses have withstood the test of time and with proper care (keep away from moisture), should last indefinitely with minimum maintenance.

They were meticulously cared for and always kept in the camera bag when not in use. I am selling it all separately, or make an offer for the entire package. I am completely upgrading my photographic equipment and reluctantly saying good-bye to the tried-and-true equipment I've used for years. Possibly going to go with Canon, unless I get some good advice to stick to Nikon. Thank you for looking.

Nikon Autofocus Nikkor Lens
$550 - Nikon ED AF Nikkor 80-200mm 1:2.8 Glass is perfect, mechanically perfect, cosmetically very very very good. This lens has seen very little use. This is the one lens that every pro has or every semi-pro/amateur lusts for. Photographing at full aperture with close to the minimum focus throws the background into a complete blur, making the subject just "pop out" of the image. If you want to begin taking photography seriously, this is a lens you can't do without. Comes with Adorama UV 77mm filter and the carrying case.

Nikon AIS Manual Nikkor Lenses
$130 - Nikon 50mm 1:1.4 Nikkor (Manual Focus) Glass is perfect, cosmetically excellent condition, and mechanically perfect. The focus and aperture rings turn smoothly on the entire range. The 50mm lens is the "standard" lens that gives a very close approximation to normal human vision. This lens has been a joy to use as it is my fastest lens. f1.4 combined with fast film and a steady hand can capture practically any shooting situation short of complete darkness.

Nikon Ai'd Manual Nikkor Lenses
$110 - Nikon 28mm 1:2.0 Nikkor-N AI'd - (Manual Focus) Glass is very clean, no scratches. There is a good deal of paint wear on the barrel, as can be expected for a workhorse lens such as this. Focus is smooth and consistent throughout the entire range. There is a ding on the filter thread mount, but filters screw on just fine. This is an older mechanical lens that has been factory AI'd. This lens is a joy to use in low-light situation where having a fast lens makes the difference between getting the shot or not.

$160 - Nikon 24mm 1:2.8 Nikkor-N.C. AI'd - (Manual Focus) Glass is very clean, no scratches. There is a good deal of paint wear on the barrelFocus is smooth and consistent throughout the entire range. The aperture ring is stiff and may need lubrication. This is an older mechanical lens that has been factory AI'd. The 24mm lens is probably the widest lens that is completes a minimum set of lenses for both amateur and professional use. There is a dramatic difference between the 28mm and 24mm although it's "only" 4mm apart. When space is a premium and you just can't backup to fill the frame, you need a versatile wide-angle lens.

Nikon Series E Lenses
$125 - Nikon 75-150 1:3.5 Zoom Series E (Manual Focus) - Glass is perfectly clean and tack sharp at all apertures. Aperture ring clicks on every stop as it should. The zoom and focus is loose.... like EVERY 75-150 Series E zoom that was ever produced. I placed celophane tape on the barrel to give it some "bite" so as it's not so loose. This lens is legendary amongst model photographers for its extreme sharpness. Many have requested Nikon (to no avail) to please produce this lens again, but this time, with better mechanics.

$75 - Nikon 28mm 1:2.8 Nikon Lens Series E - (Manual Focus) Glass is in great condition. Little wear on the barrel. Focus is smooth (albeit loose as all Series E lenses are) from infinity to up-close. Mechanically perfect. This is a perfect lightweight lens for travelling or hiking.

$50 - Nikon 50mm 1:1.8 Series E (Manual Focus) - Very clean glass, cosmetically ok, and mechanically fine. Like all Series E lenses, the focus is loose. But the aperture ring detents fine. For the convenience factor, this is one of the best lenses. Very small and light, medium-fast speed lens.

Third-party lens
$90 - Soligor 20mm 1:2.8 wide angle lens. (Manual Focus) Glass is very clean. Slight paint wear on the aperture ring. Mechanically perfect. If you've ever wanted to explore the beauty of wide-angle photography, but didn't have $400 or so to get started, this could the lens for you.

Accessories
$40 - Nikon MC-12A remote control for the Nikon Autofocus line of cameras.
$30 - B+W 67E KR3 1,2x with case (Made in Germany)
$30 - B+W 67E KR1,5 1,1x with case (Made in Germany)
$25 - B+W 62E 010 1X (Made in Germany)
$25 - B+W 62E 010 1X with case (Made in Germany)
$15 - Nikon A2 52mm filter
$15 - Tiffen 52m circular polarizer
$15 - Vivitar 52mm ultra-thin profile polarizing filter for wide angle lenses. The ultra-thin profile allows you to mount it on a 24mm lens without the filter showing up in the photograph.
$7 - Tiffen 52mm Sky 1-A filter
$3 - 62-72 converter ring
$15 - Quantaray camera bag with 3 external pockets
$free - Kenko C4 52mm - free with any purchase
$free - camera bag

Please contact me directly at as I will not be checking the newsgroups as often. I will answer all questions via email, or if you need to speak to me directly, we can make arrangements to call or meet in person.

Thank you again for your time, and good luck.

May the Light be with you.

~Nono

P.S. I am also selling some darkroom equipment, including papers, chemicals, large 20x24 print washer, large paper cutter, etc. I will post the listing later this week, or if you want, you can ask me directly and you can have dibs.

Old November 11th 03, 10:21 PM
Minga

In article , =?Windows-1252?Q?Henry_Pe=F1a?= wrote:
For Sale: 8 Nikon lenses + some accessories. =20

Are you in Austin?

It is hard to tell from your posting?

Old November 12th 03, 03:56 PM
Henry Peña

I am in Round Rock, but go to Austin often. I can also ship anywhere in
the U.S. but I only accept Paypal or Postal Money Order only, unless it's
cash in person.

Thank you.

~Nono

.. .