Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.

Old February 24th 18, 09:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 00:29:35 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/363112...ightweight-aff
ordable-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera

film, not digital.

Read the subject line.

read the name of the newsgroup.

You f***ing idiot! Why do you think I put the words "digital back"
into the heading?

Don't you know what a digital back is?

i do, but don't expect to find one that's any good a price you can
afford.

Just look at this one, for example (one of many).
https://fotodioxpro.com/products/hbh-4x5-pro

junk. laughably so.

why bother using a 4x5 camera if you're only going to mount an slr on
the back?

or this one

http://www.digital-photography.org/D...al/dicomed_fie
ld_pro.htm

that article is almost 20 years old, but at least they used a mac,
except that particular mac is long discontinued, so even if you can
find the back, it won't do you any good.

Changing the subject. You are the idiot who tried to tell me that my
post did not belong in rpd!

Go away and argue with someone else.

here's a bunch of backs, using that 'new high-speed usb 2' technology:
http://www.betterlight.com/products4X5.html

the cheaper ones have less resolution than modern slrs and their top of
the line model is about what a medium format camera can do. and then
there's that perfectly still subject problem.

Eric Stevens
Old February 24th 18, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2018-02-23 23:17, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 18:31:47 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

Not sure what the security issue could be as long as you edit the
bookmarks yourself. (Unless Firefox has some peculiar fault).

Something to do with lack of https.

tinurl comes up https here.

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102
Old February 24th 18, 06:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 02/23/2018 07:12 PM, RichA wrote:
On Friday, 23 February 2018 16:04:47 UTC-5, Eric Stevens wrote:
Chroma camera
https://www.dpreview.com/news/363112...4-field-camera

Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox. :-(

Eric Stevens

The weight is good, but with the planet awash in used 4x5 gear, buying a new one really isn't needed, unless you just happen to need that particular one. What I never figured out is why didn't they ever invent a spring-back loaded multiple-shot 4x5 with a drop-box for finished shots just below the back? Would save a lot of tedium. But maybe someone did develop something like that way back when and I just didn't see it?

It's been many, many years ago, but I recall using a six exposure 4x5
holder. You loaded six sheets of 4x5 film into six thin metal holders,
then loaded them into the pack. After shooting one exposure, you did a
push-pull routine that pushed the exposure holder onto the back of the
stack, and put a fresh holder in front.

--
Ken Hart

Old February 24th 18, 06:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-02-23 21:04:33 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Chroma camera
https://www.dpreview.com/news/363112...4-field-camera

Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox. :-(

I would probably go for a used fieldie... Prey tell if you find an
affordable back to go with it... Good luck!
--
teleportation kills

Old February 24th 18, 10:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 12:12:18 -0500, Ken Hart
wrote:

[...]

I had one of those on my last Graflex. I eventually gave it up when I
became unable to stop light leaks in the leather bag on the side.

Now I'm interested (seriously?) in digital backs.

Eric Stevens
Old February 24th 18, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 2018-02-23 21:04:33 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Chroma camera
https://www.dpreview.com/news/363112...4-field-camera

Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox. :-(

I would probably go for a used fieldie... Prey tell if you find an
affordable back to go with it... Good luck!

'affordable'. Now there is the operative word. :-(

Eric Stevens
Old February 25th 18, 08:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-02-23 21:04:33 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Chroma camera
https://www.dpreview.com/news/363112...4-field-camera

Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox. :-(

I would probably go for a used fieldie... Prey tell if you find an
affordable back to go with it... Good luck!

'affordable'. Now there is the operative word. :-(

Maybe you could adapt this benchcam approach to your fieldcam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxjsz6J5Bg

Keep us posted! :-))
--
teleportation kills

Old February 25th 18, 09:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 2018-02-23 21:04:33 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Chroma camera
https://www.dpreview.com/news/363112...4-field-camera

Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox. :-(

I would probably go for a used fieldie... Prey tell if you find an
affordable back to go with it... Good luck!

'affordable'. Now there is the operative word. :-(

Maybe you could adapt this benchcam approach to your fieldcam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxjsz6J5Bg

Keep us posted! :-))

That's camera is a bit crude and doesn't have all the movements I
want. Also, I suspect it's as large as it is because of the problem of
making the more delicate parts in wood in a smaller size.
Traditionally they used to make them in brass. But the problem remains
of finding a full size digital back.

Eric Stevens
Old February 25th 18, 10:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-02-23 21:04:33 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Chroma camera
https://www.dpreview.com/news/363112...4-field-camera

Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox. :-(

I would probably go for a used fieldie... Prey tell if you find an
affordable back to go with it... Good luck!

'affordable'. Now there is the operative word. :-(

Maybe you could adapt this benchcam approach to your fieldcam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxjsz6J5Bg

Keep us posted! :-))

That's camera is a bit crude and doesn't have all the movements I
want. Also, I suspect it's as large as it is because of the problem of
making the more delicate parts in wood in a smaller size.
Traditionally they used to make them in brass. But the problem remains
of finding a full size digital back.

Well... The standard procedure these days seem to be to use film sheets
and scan those with a flatbed. The reasonable affordable digital back
options for LF that I've seen is either scannerbacks or stitching
ditto. I
--
teleportation kills

Old March 2nd 18, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

nospam
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
21:14:29 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

In article , Eric
Stevens wrote:

Chroma camera

https://www.dpreview.com/news/363112...is-a-lightweig
ht-affordabl e-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera

film, not digital.

Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox. :-(

there's never a need for that on usenet, nor is the decision up to
firefox.

it's to shorten long urls, so that can be very useful on usenet as
well as web based forums. No need to deal with pesky line wrap and
risk url breakage or re-assembly required by another reader on
another client.

It's possible the OP meant that google has declared tinyurl a 'non
safe' site and firefox is whining about that when the OP tries to
visit. it's happened before with false positives via google.

--
Don't become the next David Brooks cyberstalking victim!
Visit https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php (10/10 WOT)