Waiter, there's a hair in my viewfinder!

Old December 5th 04, 12:20 AM
rick cameron

Default Waiter, there's a hair in my viewfinder!

Hi, all

I have an Olympus C-740, which has an electronic viewfinder. Somehow a
hair - perhaps an eyelash - has gotten inside the viewfinder, between the
lens and the display.

The viewfinder is encased in rubber, and I can peel back part of the
rubber - but it appears to be glued on, so it doesn't look like there's an
easy way to get inside the viewfinder.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- rick

Old December 5th 04, 02:58 AM

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 00:20:05 GMT, "rick cameron" rick.cameron@tee ee
el you ess dot en ee tee wrote:

Hi, all

I have an Olympus C-740, which has an electronic viewfinder. Somehow a
hair - perhaps an eyelash - has gotten inside the viewfinder, between the
lens and the display.

The viewfinder is encased in rubber, and I can peel back part of the
rubber - but it appears to be glued on, so it doesn't look like there's an
easy way to get inside the viewfinder.

Any ideas?

I might be safest in the end to simply ignore the hair.

Or do whatever you think safe to get the hair to move to the
least objectionable position (mild percussive maintenance).

Old December 5th 04, 01:31 PM
Jerry G.

If you cannot live with it, call Olympus to find out their nearest
authorized service rep for your location. I would not suggest for you to
open the camera yourself. You may end up with more problems than just a
hair. It may not be too expensive for them to fix this for you.

I have had some experience with Canon, and they didn't charge me to remove
some dirt that came in to the viewfinder.

--

Jerry G.
======

"rick cameron" rick.cameron@tee ee el you ess dot en ee tee wrote in
message news:Vussd.41357$VL6.20549@clgrps13...

Old December 6th 04, 03:59 PM
Eddy Vortex

If you ask that question at www.dpreview.com on tthe Olympus forum, you are
sure to get an answer from a 740 user. Cheers, Eddy