Laughable Apple watch ads: Urban millenial D.B's that only ever see LARGE buttons on the watch

Old June 3rd 15, 10:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Laughable Apple watch ads: Urban millenial D.B's that only eversee LARGE buttons on the watch

On 6/3/2015 1:47 PM, Bill W wrote:
On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 12:12:45 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 6/3/2015 10:18 AM, Bill W wrote:
On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 09:54:31 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 6/3/2015 5:50 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article , says...

On 5/30/2015 9:59 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Mort wrote:

It is my understanding that the Apple Watch is fully operative only when
used with a nearby i-phone.

currently, yes, and android wear watches require an android phone.

so what?

the first cellular phone required a car. it was large and had to be
installed in the trunk. over the years it got smaller and more capable.

Nope. I had that. It was an anolog, not cellular phone. I had a portable
version that was about the size of a WWII walkie talkie.

The first cellular phones were analog. Perhaps you mean something else?

Possibly. If mine was cellular, nobody told me it was. It was just
called a car phone. It had a lot of capability, for the time. I could
call it to start the car, turn on the A/C, or heater, and open the
windows. If the alarm went off, it would not make a sound, but woud dial
a preselected number, and then listen in to the conversation.
(more than once I accidently set it off, and my receptionist let me know
about it.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_phone

Then maybe it was cellular. All I cared about was that it worked.

Depends on when you had it. There were pre-cellular car phones. If it
was after about 1990, it was probably an analog cellular.

It was a Motorola, IIRC I got the car sometime in 1986. Of course, it
really didn't matter to me then, and even less now, whether it was
cellular. It was definitely analog.

--
PeterN
Old June 3rd 15, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/3/2015 3:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

In article , Mort wrote:

[...]

Yes, but the string between the car and the caller or called had to be
rather long.

Progresso soup!

--
PeterN
Old June 3rd 15, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/3/2015 1:06 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

It is my understanding that the Apple Watch is fully operative only when
used with a nearby i-phone.

currently, yes, and android wear watches require an android phone.

so what?

the first cellular phone required a car. it was large and had to be
installed in the trunk. over the years it got smaller and more capable.

Nope. I had that. It was an anolog, not cellular phone. I had a portable
version that was about the size of a WWII walkie talkie.

The first cellular phones were analog. Perhaps you mean something else?

Possibly. If mine was cellular, nobody told me it was.

you're trying to blame someone else for your own ignorance.

I neer asked, I never cared, I still don't care.
BTW. Ignorance is better than arrogance. Look up the definitions in your
Funken Wagnalls.

It was just
called a car phone.

that's because it was installed in a car.

Gee dad, it's a Wurlitzer.

It had a lot of capability, for the time. I could
call it to start the car, turn on the A/C, or heater, and open the
windows. If the alarm went off, it would not make a sound, but woud dial
a preselected number, and then listen in to the conversation.
(more than once I accidently set it off, and my receptionist let me know
about it.)

which doesn't change that it was cellular.

--
PeterN
Old June 4th 15, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

In article , Mort wrote:

[...]

But which is worse, today's congestion, or back then when the networks
got tied in knots?
Old June 4th 15, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

In article , Mort wrote:

[...]

Nospam is right that cellular started up in the mid 80's, so it was
either early cellular, or the last gasps of IMTS.
Old June 4th 15, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Depends on when you had it. There were pre-cellular car phones. If it
was after about 1990, it was probably an analog cellular.

It was a Motorola, IIRC I got the car sometime in 1986. Of course, it
really didn't matter to me then, and even less now, whether it was
cellular. It was definitely analog.

if it didn't matter, why did you even bring it up?
Old June 4th 15, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Bill W
wrote:

[...]

there's no way he had a remote start or the ability to activate a/c or
heat via imts, both for money (it was $$$$) and the technology.

unlike cellular, imts had just a handful of channels for an entire city.
Old June 4th 15, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I neer asked, I never cared, I still don't care.

then why did you bring it up?

BTW. Ignorance is better than arrogance. Look up the definitions in your
Funken Wagnalls.

you might want to get its name correct before you go telling people to
look things up in it.
Old June 4th 15, 05:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/3/2015 11:11 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Bill W
wrote:

[...]

Yes it was not cheap.

Old June 4th 15, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

I neer asked, I never cared, I still don't care.

then why did you bring it up?

You said that before. And assuming it was cellular, my portable portion
did not need to a attached to a car. I guess you forgot that I responded
to your statement.

BTW. Ignorance is better than arrogance. Look up the definitions in your
Funken Wagnalls.

you might want to get its name correct before you go telling people to
look things up in it.

Interesting comment from someone who does not know how to punctuate

Look up Rowan & Martin.

--
PeterN