ProShow Gold - PC freezing and slow rendering

Old March 2nd 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default ProShow Gold - PC freezing and slow rendering

Hi,

I am currently using the evaluation version of ProShow Gold 2.6.

When attempting to write a DVD after putting together a slide
presentation, the rendering speed was averaging 0.20x and it was taking
up to 20 mins to render the video before burning.

I was wondering if there was a tick mark option I could use to turn the
Rendering Video preview window off, as I think this would make the
rendering of the video quicker ?

Anyone any idea if Proshow has this facility ?

Thanks

GW

Old March 3rd 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

GW wrote:
Hi,

I am currently using the evaluation version of ProShow Gold 2.6.

When attempting to write a DVD after putting together a slide
presentation, the rendering speed was averaging 0.20x and it was
taking up to 20 mins to render the video before burning.

I was wondering if there was a tick mark option I could use to turn
the Rendering Video preview window off, as I think this would make the
rendering of the video quicker ?

Anyone any idea if Proshow has this facility ?

Thanks

GW

I really doubt it would make much difference...
Rendering is very processor-dependant, and the little bit of screen-drawing
involved shouldn't add much in comparison to the render.
I get render speeds of between .49x and 1.6x on my P4 3Ghz machine, 2GB RAM.
You could always try simply using your "sho desktop" icon on the start bar,
which will take it off of your screen. I don't know whether this will
prevent it from doing the same calculations or not...but it will at least
relieve your system from drawing the screen. -Again...I doubt this will
make much difference.

BTW...this isn't anything exclusive to ProShow. All high-quality video
renderers suck CPU power. If they don't, I'd wager their render is
comparatively poor. ProShow has a VERY high quality render capability.

-Mark

Old March 3rd 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

GW wrote:

Hi,

I am currently using the evaluation version of ProShow Gold 2.6.

When attempting to write a DVD after putting together a slide
presentation, the rendering speed was averaging 0.20x and it was taking
up to 20 mins to render the video before burning.

I was wondering if there was a tick mark option I could use to turn the
Rendering Video preview window off, as I think this would make the
rendering of the video quicker ?

Anyone any idea if Proshow has this facility ?

There are a number of posts in the proshow forum on
http://www.itsmygallery.com that are commenting on bugs in rendering,
jerky sound and video with Proshow 2.6, which were apparently not
present in 2.5 You might like to have a read there.

Colin D.