How to Preserve Original Image Dates when Transferring to CD

Old August 12th 04, 04:01 PM
frank1492

Default How to Preserve Original Image Dates when Transferring to CD

When images are transerred to the HD, the original image dates are
preserved, but when copied to CD, they are lost. (Date becomes date
of transfer.)
How can I see to it that the original image dates get transferred
to the CD?
Thanks very much.
Frank
P.S. Using Roxio CD Writer.
Old August 12th 04, 04:23 PM
Matt Ion

Ditch Roxio, use Nero... it has an option to preserve original file dates.

from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
incapable of forming such opinions."
-- Albert Einstein

Old August 12th 04, 05:45 PM
GlennT Dulmage

Right click on the column headings and choose More and then choose Date
Created which will become a new heading. It contains the precise time that
the picture was taken (keep in mind that if you are, say, in France, that
the time,e will be 5 hours different).
--
Glenn T. Dulmage
207 Valley Road

Old August 12th 04, 08:23 PM
frank1492

I am sorry I am not understanding. Is this in the Roxio CD Writer
program?

Old August 21st 04, 04:51 AM
Olin K. McDaniel

Very interesting. I've used Nero for several years, without thinking
of this feature. And always assumed it retained the original date,
but had never checked before. Now, upon checking, I find that the
default choice must be to do so. At least all the CD's I've burned to
back up my images does have them dated as they were on the HD
initially.

Olin McDaniel

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:23:54 GMT, "Matt Ion"
wrote:

Ditch Roxio, use Nero... it has an option to preserve original file dates.

"frank1492" wrote in message
.. .
When images are transerred to the HD, the original image dates are
preserved, but when copied to CD, they are lost. (Date becomes date
of transfer.)
How can I see to it that the original image dates get transferred
to the CD?
Thanks very much.
Frank
P.S. Using Roxio CD Writer.

To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
"Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."
Old August 21st 04, 08:37 AM
Paul Bartram

"Matt Ion" wrote:

How can I see to it that the original image dates get transferred to the

CD?

If you're using a digital camera that supports Exif, the 'Date / Time
Original' will be retained with the original camera file. I keep all my
originals in a separate folder (always a good idea anyway - you never know
when you might want to try something different in your editor). This
information can then be read in ACDSee or most other photo browsers.

Paul