We need to split the group again!

Old May 28th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default We need to split the group again!

The most popular thread these days seems to be about automobiles. I
already subscribe to an automobile group- I don't need the posts here!

How about we split: rec.photo.digital.automotive and
rec.photo.digital.non-automotive?
Old May 28th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Don Stauffer writes ...

How about we split: rec.photo.digital.automotive and
rec.photo.digital.non-automotive?

Alan already did something similar a couple of years ago "to save
bandwidth" but then they cross-post like crazy so the advantages aren't
realized

Old May 28th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Don Stauffer writes ...

How about we split: rec.photo.digital.automotive and
rec.photo.digital.non-automotive?

I have a car made of digits
Full of all the best wigets
When payments are in arrears
Pictures of it dissappears
And I'm left here with all of the idjiots

Old May 28th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Don Stauffer wrote:

The most popular thread these days seems to be about automobiles. I
already subscribe to an automobile group- I don't need the posts here!

How about you learn to kill and/or ignore thread you're not interested
in reading?

--
Ray Fischer

Old May 29th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Don Stauffer wrote:

The most popular thread these days seems to be about automobiles. I
already subscribe to an automobile group- I don't need the posts here!

Well, if it's contained to a single thread, it certainly should be
simple to ignore.

How about we split: rec.photo.digital.automotive and
rec.photo.digital.non-automotive?

No doubt the off-topic posters would respect those groups just as well
as they respect this one.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old May 29th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Don Stauffer wrote:
The most popular thread these days seems to be about automobiles. I
already subscribe to an automobile group- I don't need the posts
here!

How about we split: rec.photo.digital.automotive and
rec.photo.digital.non-automotive?

You know, if this group actually had anything about digital photos in it, I
might agree but all it is is a digital "where's the cheapest price" group.
Someone already tried the split thing and managed to produce duplicates of
posts in the other groups. Nice one!

One day someone other than Bret and his wannabe, Mark (be there or be
square) will post some recreational photos from a digital camera. Until then
we'll have every thing but what the group is about being posted here.

BTW, what's the cheapest price for a scanning back I can hook up to my old
Hassie?

Douglas

Old May 29th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

D Mac wrote:
Don Stauffer wrote:
The most popular thread these days seems to be about automobiles. I
already subscribe to an automobile group- I don't need the posts
here!

How about we split: rec.photo.digital.automotive and
rec.photo.digital.non-automotive?

You know, if this group actually had anything about digital photos in
it, I might agree but all it is is a digital "where's the cheapest
price" group. Someone already tried the split thing and managed to
produce duplicates of posts in the other groups. Nice one!

One day someone other than Bret and his wannabe, Mark (be there or be
square) will post some recreational photos from a digital camera.

Hahahaha...
I don't mind Bret, but lets not go overboard...
He is, after all...PWE.

Until then we'll have every thing but what the group is about being
posted here.

So you're saying Bret and I are doing what you want??
Hmmm... -Maybe I'd better re-examine what I'm doing...

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old May 29th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In oups.com "Bill
Hilton" wrote:

Don Stauffer writes ...

How about we split: rec.photo.digital.automotive and
rec.photo.digital.non-automotive?

Alan already did something similar a couple of years ago "to save
bandwidth" but then they cross-post like crazy so the advantages
aren't realized

Cross-posting -is bandwidth conservative compared to posting the same
thing to multiple newsgroups individually.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old May 29th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Don Stauffer" wrote in message

The most popular thread these days seems to be about automobiles. I
already subscribe to an automobile group- I don't need the posts here!

How about we split: rec.photo.digital.automotive and
rec.photo.digital.non-automotive?

How about rec.photo.digital and
rec.photo.digital.I.dont.have.a.camera.but.it.has. to be.cast.iron