photojumble ?

Old April 26th 21, 04:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Abandoned_Trolley

Default photojumble ?

Just wondering if this news group is still alive - bearing in mind that
the term "alive" may have a different meaning on the Usenet

Round here in Essex we have a local freecycle / freeBay web site which
people use to give away various bits and pieces which they think are too
good for the skip (like the chair I am sitting on right now, and the
desk I am sittin at)

Does anybody know of anything similar which deals with old photographic
items ?

The word "photojumble" springs to mind, but it seems to have taken on a
different meaning

AT
Old April 27th 21, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Phil Boutros

Abandoned_Trolley wrote:

Just wondering if this news group is still alive - bearing in mind that
the term "alive" may have a different meaning on the Usenet

If by "alive", you mean that some of us are reading it and still
develop and print our own negatives and prints, then yes?

Round here in Essex we have a local freecycle / freeBay web site which
people use to give away various bits and pieces which they think are too
good for the skip (like the chair I am sitting on right now, and the
desk I am sittin at)

Does anybody know of anything similar which deals with old photographic
items ?

Craigslist is pretty popular around these parts of Canada. Kijiji
is popular further east.

I haven't the foggiest if either of those are popular where you
are!

Phil
--
AH#61 Wolf#14 BS#89 bus#1 CCB#1 SENS KOTC#4
http://philb.ca
Old April 27th 21, 03:12 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

On 4/26/21 11:46 AM, Abandoned_Trolley wrote:

Just wondering if this news group is still alive* - bearing in mind that
the term "alive" may have a different meaning on the Usenet

Most of the users of this newsgroup are now participating in the
pure-silver mailing list.

--
.~. Jean-David Beyer
/V\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey
Old May 13th 21, 09:52 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Dimitris Tzortzakakis

Στις 26/4/2021 6:46 μ.μ., ο/η Abandoned_Trolley *γραψε:

Just wondering if this news group is still alive* - bearing in mind that
the term "alive" may have a different meaning on the Usenet

Round here in Essex we have a local freecycle / freeBay web site which
people use to give away various bits and pieces which they think are too
good for the skip (like the chair I am sitting on right now, and the
desk I am sittin at)

Does anybody know of anything similar which deals with old photographic
items ?

The word "photojumble" springs to mind, but it seems to have taken on a
different meaning

AT

The photographer I bought my NOS EOS 30 and also the speedlite 540
ES-also NOS-has an employee who gave me a Meopta Axomat II, plus a ton
of old papers-some from Ex-East Germany-some old trays and a lightmaster
auto photometer which reads the reflected light for the paper under the
enlarger, all for free. yes, this group is still alive-I also bought the
original The photographer's handbook from John Hedgecoe, from the USA,
for 20 euros, and it took 11 days to arrive here! I also ordered some
40X50 paper from macodirect.de!