7D2 vs D7100 @ 6400

Old September 21st 14, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

Default 7D2 vs D7100 @ 6400

http://www.imaging-resource.com has got a "Beta" of the 7D2 and posted
jpegs of their test targets in their camera "comperometer".
Here's a screen capture of the 7D2 vs the D7100 at ISO 6400...
The Canon's on the left: http://tinyurl.com/mhpwv5m
I'm a RAW kind of guy but it's a preview. "Half frame" fanatics should
be ecstatic!
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old September 21st 14, 11:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

http://www.imaging-resource.com has got a "Beta" of the 7D2 and
posted jpegs of their test targets in their camera "comperometer".
Here's a screen capture of the 7D2 vs the D7100 at ISO 6400... The
Canon's on the left: http://tinyurl.com/mhpwv5m I'm a RAW kind of
guy but it's a preview. "Half frame" fanatics should be ecstatic!

Yeah, like I said - the 7D is trounced by the D7100, and you wanted to
compare it to the D750, where it would be obliterated.

ISO6400 is Max ISO for the D7100 and the 7D goes one step further, yet at
6400 the 7D doesn't really look that much better. A pity, why can't Canon
handle image noise as good as Nikon?

--
Sandman[.net]
Old September 21st 14, 12:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

http://www.imaging-resource.com has got a "Beta" of the 7D2 and
posted jpegs of their test targets in their camera "comperometer".
Here's a screen capture of the 7D2 vs the D7100 at ISO 6400... The
Canon's on the left: http://tinyurl.com/mhpwv5m I'm a RAW kind of
guy but it's a preview. "Half frame" fanatics should be ecstatic!

Yeah, like I said - the 7D is trounced by the D7100, and you wanted to
compare it to the D750, where it would be obliterated.

It's still 7D2 and as anybody can se: It's not obliterated by the D7100.
It's an interesting ISO since that's what many "action oriented" photogs
wanna be.

ISO6400 is Max ISO for the D7100 and the 7D goes one step further, yet at
6400 the 7D doesn't really look that much better. A pity, why can't Canon
handle image noise as good as Nikon?

The 7D2 does better than the D7100, IMNHO...
Old September 21st 14, 12:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

http://www.imaging-resource.com has got a "Beta" of the 7D2 and
posted jpegs of their test targets in their camera "comperometer".
Here's a screen capture of the 7D2 vs the D7100 at ISO 6400... The
Canon's on the left: http://tinyurl.com/mhpwv5m I'm a RAW kind of
guy but it's a preview. "Half frame" fanatics should be ecstatic!

Yeah, like I said - the 7D is trounced by the D7100, and you wanted to
compare it to the D750, where it would be obliterated.

It's still 7D2 and as anybody can se: It's not obliterated by the D7100.
It's an interesting ISO since that's where many "action oriented"
photogs
wanna be.

ISO6400 is Max ISO for the D7100 and the 7D goes one step further, yet at
6400 the 7D doesn't really look that much better. A pity, why can't Canon
handle image noise as good as Nikon?

The 7D2 does better than the D7100, IMNSHO...
Old September 21st 14, 12:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

android:
http://www.imaging-resource.com has got a "Beta" of the 7D2 and
posted jpegs of their test targets in their camera
"comperometer". Here's a screen capture of the 7D2 vs the D7100
at ISO 6400... The Canon's on the left:
http://tinyurl.com/mhpwv5m I'm a RAW kind of guy but it's a
preview. "Half frame" fanatics should be ecstatic!

Sandman:
Yeah, like I said - the 7D is trounced by the D7100, and you
wanted to compare it to the D750, where it would be obliterated.

It's still 7D2 and as anybody can se: It's not obliterated by the
D7100

Yeah, it is.

Sandman:
ISO6400 is Max ISO for the D7100 and the 7D goes one step further,
yet at 6400 the 7D doesn't really look that much better. A pity,
why can't Canon handle image noise as good as Nikon?

The 7D2 does better than the D7100, IMNSHO...

Why can't you read? The 7D is *slightly* better, which is a clear win for
the $600 cheaper, smaller, lighter D7100 that has better battery life,
higher resolution and better LCD screen. Like I said:

Sandman
Who's the winner?
09/17/2014

"Uh, the D7100 beats the 7D in most areas. The 7D has
slightly better ISO performance and shoots at 10fps compared
to 6fps for the D7100, other than that, it's utterly
trounced."

It has slightly better ISO, and now we see what that gives. Not much. Not
$600 worth of better ISO, and since the D7100 totally owns the 7D in every
other aspect, it's not even a fair comparison to the old D7100. In order
for the 7D to look god, we need to go even lower-end on the Nikon side.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old September 21st 14, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

Why can't you read? The 7D is *slightly* better

The thread is still about the 7D2 and D7100. Not the 7D and whatever...
Old September 21st 14, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

In article ,

Sandman:
Why can't you read? The 7D is *slightly* better

The thread is still about the 7D2 and D7100. Not the 7D and
whatever...

It's all you've got, troll. I've been talking about the Mark II the entire
time. I just think Canon's naming scheme is stupid. It's the new version of
the 7D. Focus on irrelevant things instead of staying focused on facts,
Android.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old September 21st 14, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

In article , Sandman
wrote:

I've been talking about the Mark II the entire
time. I just think Canon's naming scheme is stupid.

That makes sense. Except that if one reads that what you actually has
written... It's Canon's fault that you behave stupidly???

You can compare most of the features between the two he
http://tinyurl.com/np6z9qf
That the Canon has a RAW buffer of 30 captures is indicated he
http://tinyurl.com/ogz98fx
All while the Nikons buffer seem to 6 ditto, if you believe this:
http://tinyurl.com/phrjoy9

That the Canon produces better jpegs at high ISO has already been shown
he
http://www.imaging-resource.com
Screen shoot for your convenience he
http://tinyurl.com/mhpwv5m
The Canon is on the left.

Not that I would expect you to read nor understand any of this, but
other folks might be interested....
Old September 21st 14, 08:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

In article , Sandman

Sandman:

shown he http://www.imaging-resource.com Screen shoot for your
convenience he http://tinyurl.com/mhpwv5m The Canon is on the
left.

Not that I would expect you to read nor understand any of this, but
other folks might be interested....

My god you're dumb. This is what I wrote in my first post about the 7D vs
the D7100:

Sandman
Who's the winner?
09/17/2014

"Uh, the D7100 beats the 7D in most areas. The 7D has
slightly better ISO performance and shoots at 10fps compared
to 6fps for the D7100, other than that, it's utterly
trounced."

I.e. I was already well aware of the two small advantages the 7D has, and
seeing how small the difference is with ISO, it's really just one
advantage.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old September 22nd 14, 01:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

In article , Sandman
wrote:

In article , android wrote:

In article , Sandman

Sandman:
[...]

Almost twice the frame rate, five times the RAW buffer and clearly
better high ISO. That's what action photogs want. I'd say that's it not
the 7D2 thats humiliated. It's the poster that confuses it with a five
year old camera.