You can't even take pictures at a public city beach anymore?

Old August 29th 04, 01:24 PM
Mxsmanic

Ron Hunter writes:

I would have whipped out the cell phone and called them FOR him.

But then it's you filing the complaint. What complaint would it be?

Old August 29th 04, 02:21 PM
Mojtaba

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:21:47 -0700, "Mark M"
wrote:

Why would Canada need to fear terrorists? Terrorists LOVE Canada, now that
they've agreed to adopt Al-Jezeera news as a legitimate news channel--which
allows terrorists to deliver large scale pro-terrorist propaganda.

I do not know anything about all you write there. I only know ONE
thing for fact: Canada never invaded any country.

Mojtaba
Old August 29th 04, 02:22 PM
Journalist-North

"Mark M" wrote in message

"Journalist-North" wrote in message
. uk...

(snip)

Those embassy workers are likely hiding from *Canadians.*

+++ Too right they should.

And you feel this is OK?

-------------

You bet! Wouldn't want the "fear" infection to spread to your northern
neighbours now would we? Never know what might happen to Canada if SARS*
gets loose there. The immediate question seems to be, however, is the barbed
wire and concrete around the embassy to keep the Canadians out or keep the
Americans in? My money is on the latter purpose.

*SARS = Slaves to America's Republican ****heads

Journalist

Old August 29th 04, 02:31 PM
Journalist-North

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Ron Hunter writes:

If you want to be 'dead right', go ahead, but trying to work
your way out of a threatening situation by giving a little
and trying to be reasonable makes a LOT more sense to me.

It's a cowardly way to live, if it requires giving up your rights.

Of course a fully loaded Glock 9mm would also help.

So might makes right?

---------

QUOTE: "...You can get more with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word
alone..." --- Al (Scarface) Capone

LOL

Journalist

Old August 29th 04, 02:33 PM
Journalist-North

"Admiral Crunch" wrote in message
In article , "dave"
wrote:

I hate to tell the terrorists, but this is america, land of apathy. No
one
is terrorized, or frankly, gives a crap anymore. 9/11 was forgotten
within
months by 95% of the population.

What is this 9/11 thing you're referring to?

9/11ths of what?

-----------

Not to worry Crunch... it was only a pimple on the ass of history.

Journalist

Old August 29th 04, 02:34 PM
Bruce Murphy

Harry Krause writes:

Mark M wrote:

Why would Canada need to fear terrorists? Terrorists LOVE Canada, now that
they've agreed to adopt Al-Jezeera news as a legitimate news channel--which
allows terrorists to deliver large scale pro-terrorist propaganda.

It pains me to say this, but al-Jezeera is as legitimate a news channel
as Fox News.

I think it's fair to say that the world outside of america would
strongly disagree with this statement.

Old August 29th 04, 02:44 PM
Atreju

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 06:08:01 GMT, wrote:

Wrong -- someone needs to think of who's at the top, setting
the tone that says anyone doing anything that some psychotic might
consider "strange and maybe even dangerous" should be labeled a
potential terrorist.

Nobody said anything of the sort.
You're falling victim to paranoia. And that's NOT what anyone is being
told to do.

I am a New Yorker, I live here all my life, and I go into Manhattan to
my clients almost every day of the week.

I saw 911, I saw the aftermath, and I've been here around all the
people ever since. Nobody is becoming paranoid to the extent you
describe except people who are already prone to such kinds of things.

I see tourists taking pictures of buildings, people, etc. every day.
EVERY DAY. Nobody is getting crazy about things like that, and nobody
has been told to by the President, Mayor, or anyone.

What we are being told is to use common sense, which is something that
too many people have already lost the ability to do. If you see a
tourist taking pictures, you've got to use your own judgement to
evaluate whether they're up to no good. In my opinion, why shouldn't
someone take pictures of New York?

Believe me, terrorists can get better "stakeout" material from
satellite images, news images, and things like that.

I see big cargo vans with tinted windows being stopped at toll booths
- that's sensible. I see people being scanned at entrances to big
buildings when they're hauling huge packages or luggage - that's
sensible.

Picking a fight with someone who is taking photographs of the beach is
lunacy. Ok, maybe this guy has a complex about his girlfriend... who
wouldn't if she's hot? ;-) But getting into a fight about it is not
worth it. Just go somewhere else. The bottom line in such a case is
you have no grounds to complain, so suck it up and walk away.

I invite any of you paranoia theorists to come live in New York City
for a few weeks, walk the streets, get in a cab... you'll see that
we're all just trying to live our lives, and we're just being extra
careful because we know that our prosperity and freedom is a big
target for people who hate liberty.

---Atreju---
Old August 29th 04, 02:45 PM
Atreju

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:09:19 -0700, "Mark M"
wrote:

If someone chooses to walk around nudie (or close to it), you and/or anyone
else has the right to photograph it. In fact, if they want to sell your
nudie pic to the National Enquirer, they can do that as well.

Although, that is not very nice.

---Atreju---
Old August 29th 04, 02:48 PM
Atreju

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 02:30:49 -0700, "Mark M"
wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message
"AstroPax" wrote in message

.. .
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:54:00 -0700, "Rick" wrote:

Completely true, according to the best sources.

Source?

Look at my other posts elsewhere in this thread.

I did...and...
...Your single "best source" has about as much journalistic credibility as
my big toe.

Hey! I've seen your big toe (not up close) and I'll have you know it
is very trustworthy! ;-)

---Atreju---
Old August 29th 04, 02:48 PM
Atreju

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 02:38:31 -0700, "Rick" wrote:

We'll wait patiently.

We will all, indeed, wait patiently.
....for you to get a grip.

---Atreju---