FAB 5D2 CAPTURES MALE GIVING BIRTH!

Old December 17th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

Default FAB 5D2 CAPTURES MALE GIVING BIRTH!

Hey Dudley, I thought of you when I was shooting some video the other
day. Once you start recording you are sort of "working in the dark"
at least when it comes to focusing. It gave me an appreciation for
the work that you must do to get your pics.

Actually, Bret, what you are doing is a lot tougher than what I do. While I
do tend to use basic hyperfocal techniques to get my subject in the image
area, I don't have to worry about keeping anything in focus; I let the AF
system take care of that.

Shooting low DOF video clips without being able to access an AF system is
completely different, and a hell-of-a-lot more difficult...

Good Luck,
Dudley

Old December 17th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"Annika1980" wrote in message
On Dec 17, 1:18 pm, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

Actually, Bret, what you are doing is a lot tougher than what I do. While
do tend to use basic hyperfocal techniques to get my subject in the image
area, I don't have to worry about keeping anything in focus; I let the AF
system take care of that.

Shooting low DOF video clips without being able to access an AF system is
completely different, and a hell-of-a-lot more difficult...

The new Canon has face detection technology which is pretty neat, but
it doesn't work so well on cats or fishes. Maybe they'll add those
options in the first firmware upgrade which should be due out soon.

What about the auto-DOF mode? It's supposed to keep anything within the AF
points in focus (if possible). I've played with it a bit on my wife's Rebel
XT (and of course I'll be using it on my XSi), and it seems to do a fairly
good job...

Take Care,
Dudley