Why would you care if others prefer P&S cameras?

Old November 16th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charles[_2_]

Default Why would you care if others prefer P&S cameras?

Too much ado about nothing.

Trolls are getting smarter (as in slyer) and the rest of us .....

Old November 16th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
just bob

Default Why would you care if others prefer DSLR cameras?

Fixed the subject line!

Old November 17th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

just bob wrote:
Fixed the subject line!

You could pretend to care in order to be a pest or to make an
unimaginative attempt at trolling.

The majority of us regulars couldn't care less what camera(s) anyone
uses. Just get the facts right and don't tell others they should do what
you do. (You being "them", or whomever)

--
John McWilliams

Old November 17th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Nov 16, 6:08 pm, "Charles" wrote:
Too much ado about nothing.

Trolls are getting smarter (as in slyer) and the rest of us .....

I can understand the attraction to a small, silent type of camera... I
had an Olympus 35mm rangefinder that was compact and dead silent and
was terrific for some situations...Only thing, it shot 35 MM FILM,
JUST LIKE AN SLR, and P&SS DON'T SHOOT AS WELL AS THE WORST
DSLR!!!!!! GET IT?!?!?!?
Old November 17th 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Not4wood

John is correct. I have a nice compact P&S and now a DSLR as well, and each
has its own purpose.

I dont tell you how to shoot, and I wont listen to your unsolicited advice.

In my previous experience of Photography, I had started with my mothers old
basic Brownie Camera, then I graduated to an old Polaroid Swinger LOL I can
still picture that old camera, an Argus C3 (which was a great rangefinder
for those who do not know) and then bumped up to my first SLR a Konica T3 (I
couldn't afford a Canon or a Minolta in those days) and I still have the
three lenses. Normal I had a 52 mm, wide was a 28mm and my portrait lens
was a 135mm. After this, I was all over the place using equipment and
depending on what I was trying to accomplish would make me decide on what
piece of equipment to use. Is one better or more useable then the other?
Depends on what your doing at that moment. Cameras are only a tool, like a
piece of charcoal or paint brush is to an artist and I feel all of this lame
arguing of which one is better is ridiculous. A Gear Head, knows about all
the equipment. A photographer uses what they feel is right for that moment
and couldn't care less what else is out there if what he is using is right
for that job or shot. A true Photographer can and will eventually use them
all.

By occupation now, I am a carpenter and its like you telling me one hammer
is better then another. It might be, but what do I care if I can do the job
with this one?

Get over yourself, go out and shoot some pictures with whatever camera you
have.

Not4wood

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
. ..

Old November 17th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Yvon Travailler

"Charles" a écrit dans le message de
. ..
Too much ado about nothing.

Trolls are getting smarter (as in slyer) and the rest of us .....

let me guess, you own a Panasonic ?

Old November 17th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charles[_2_]

"Yvon Travailler" wrote in message

"Charles" a écrit dans le message de
. ..
Too much ado about nothing.

Trolls are getting smarter (as in slyer) and the rest of us .....

let me guess, you own a Panasonic ?

Yes, and 3 Canon DSLRs (well, actually 2 as one is out on loan to my
daughter and I'll probably never get it back).

Old November 17th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charlie Self

On Nov 16, 10:04 pm, RichA wrote:
On Nov 16, 6:08 pm, "Charles" wrote:

Too much ado about nothing.

Trolls are getting smarter (as in slyer) and the rest of us .....

I can understand the attraction to a small, silent type of camera... I
had an Olympus 35mm rangefinder that was compact and dead silent and
was terrific for some situations...Only thing, it shot 35 MM FILM,
JUST LIKE AN SLR, and P&SS DON'T SHOOT AS WELL AS THE WORST
DSLR!!!!!! GET IT?!?!?!?

It does really depend on the situation, but, in fact, IME most P&S
users don't have the same criteria that DSLR users have, so it really
doesn't matter that they don't shoot as well.

You can shriek about it all you want, but the P&S users basically
wouldn't care if your words were repeated every six inutes forever. It
does not matter to them, either about the quality you need, or the
opinions you hold.
Old November 17th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charlie Self

On Nov 17, 12:51 am, "Not4wood" wrote:

By occupation now, I am a carpenter and its like you telling me one hammer
is better then another. It might be, but what do I care if I can do the job
with this one?

If you say so. When I worked as a carpenter, I didn't frame with a 16
ounce hammer. It took too long and was too wearing. Thus, I could do
the job with the 16 ounce, but I really preferred a 24 or 28 ounce.

Old November 18th 07, 09:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Bean

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:14:27 -0800 (PST), Charlie Self
wrote:

On Nov 16, 10:04 pm, RichA wrote:
On Nov 16, 6:08 pm, "Charles" wrote:

Too much ado about nothing.

Trolls are getting smarter (as in slyer) and the rest of us .....

I can understand the attraction to a small, silent type of camera... I
had an Olympus 35mm rangefinder that was compact and dead silent and
was terrific for some situations...Only thing, it shot 35 MM FILM,
JUST LIKE AN SLR, and P&SS DON'T SHOOT AS WELL AS THE WORST
DSLR!!!!!! GET IT?!?!?!?

It does really depend on the situation, but, in fact, IME most P&S
users don't have the same criteria that DSLR users have, so it really
doesn't matter that they don't shoot as well.

You can shriek about it all you want, but the P&S users basically
wouldn't care if your words were repeated every six inutes forever. It
does not matter to them, either about the quality you need, or the
opinions you hold.

You're far too restrictive with your chosen audience
Charlie. *Nobody* cares what Rich says whether they use P&S
or not.

--
John Bean