Windows 10. Horrible!

Old November 9th 17, 09:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Windows 10. Horrible!

In article ,
Whisky-dave says...
Smartphones can do that and more.

But they don't have a 14" IPS 1920x1080 screen and a keyboard and you
can't connect external HDDs to them.
--
Alfred Molon

Old November 9th 17, 09:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article ,
Whisky-dave says...
Why would anybody use a PC when driving a car???

Why wouldn't they if they can do more on a PC than on a phone or a tablet,

Perhaps because they make an accident?
--
Alfred Molon

Old November 9th 17, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 02:23:44 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 19:02:26 UTC, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave says...
yuo gotta be kidding imagine the problems of drivers writing emails on their PC as they drive down the motorway or sidewalk, they're bad enough when doing on a phone !.
Go up to amnyone walking along the road typing on their phone and tell them that it'd be easier if they had a PC see what they say.

Why would anybody use a PC when driving a car???

Why wouldn't they if they can do more on a PC than on a phone or a tablet, you've been explaining how much better a desktop is for what people want to do.

Would someone want to drive a car while carrying out brain surgery?

.... what about driving a car while making a pizza?

.... or driving a car while knitting a plaid jersey?

Then why should they be driving a car while writing an email?

Eric Stevens
Old November 9th 17, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 02:27:07 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 19:18:55 UTC, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave says...
Doesn;t sound that great to me but then again the link doesn;t work either
and why must I order it from germany ?

Ok for the sort of things that can be done on the cheapest smartphones but that's about it.

It's an MPman NT14:
http://www.mpmaneurope.com/en/window...-windows-.html

Can't open this link

Try this http://tinyurl.com/ycrzs6mm

No idea how good or bad it is, but from the specifications it seems good
enough for websurfing, video playback, MS Office etc.

Smartphones can do that and more.

BTW, I just found it for 150 Euro on conrad.de

Is there a reason you can only find it on some obsure site in German ?

Eric Stevens
Old November 9th 17, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

yuo gotta be kidding imagine the problems of drivers writing emails on
their PC as they drive down the motorway or sidewalk, they're bad enough
when doing on a phone !.
Go up to amnyone walking along the road typing on their phone and tell
them that it'd be easier if they had a PC see what they say.

Why would anybody use a PC when driving a car???

Why wouldn't they if they can do more on a PC than on a phone or a tablet,
you've been explaining how much better a desktop is for what people want to
do.

Would someone want to drive a car while carrying out brain surgery?

... what about driving a car while making a pizza?

... or driving a car while knitting a plaid jersey?

absurd examples.

Then why should they be driving a car while writing an email?

because writing an email or texting can be done via dictation, ideal
while in a car, plus the person could also be a passenger.
Old November 9th 17, 11:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

Smartphones can do that and more.

But they don't have a 14" IPS 1920x1080 screen

neither did the netbook you mentioned.

it had a 14" display with 1366x768 pixels, which is rather ****ty.

most smartphones have *much* higher resolution displays, although
smaller in physical size, making them incredibly sharp.

and a keyboard

yes they do.

one is built in, or use an external bluetooth or usb keyboard.

some smartphone cases include a keyboard and there are also folding
keyboards that fold up and slip into a pocket.

and you
can't connect external HDDs to them.

wrong on that too, but there isn't much of a need to do that.

smartphones and tablets have as much as 512 gig internal, which is
*much* more than the 32 gig of your netbook and many laptops.
Old November 10th 17, 04:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

Would someone want to drive a car while carrying out brain surgery?

Who would like to see that car in traffic?
--
teleportation kills
Old November 10th 17, 07:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 18:36:02 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

Dictating is not writing.

The passenger could be carrying out brain surgery, or making a pizza,
or knitting a plaid jersey. But by definition, passengers are not
driving a car.

Eric Stevens
Old November 10th 17, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 20:04:29 UTC, android wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

BTW, I just found it for 150 Euro on conrad.de

Is there a reason you can only find it on some obsure site in German ?

Could be one of your guys lost in trafic... Whatever: They seem to have
an outlet for you too...

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/

Prices in sterling and everything! :-))

Not on that product it seems can you link to the product on the site.
we do buy from conrad via a UK importer but they don't sell computers.

Oki... I wouldn't know but you can't call it obscure since you proclaim
yourself a customer of theirs!

anyway a conputer with 32GB storage is pretty useless for most.

It would be conware! :-))

That's less than most SD cards sold for cameras.
But if you;re happy with it then buy it , we would no be for teh lab and I
wouldn't find much use for one at home either.

I'm not Noon and have never visited conrad.de but for investigating what
as you called it obscure it was and don't know what coon it's abut! And
then you claim to be a customer. Stop wasting human time!
--
teleportation kills
Old November 10th 17, 12:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Whisky-dave wrote:

BTW, I just found it for 150 Euro on conrad.de

Is there a reason you can only find it on some obsure site in German ?

Could be one of your guys lost in trafic... Whatever: They seem to have
an outlet for you too...

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/

Prices in sterling and everything! :-))

Not on that product it seems can you link to the product on the site.
we do buy from conrad via a UK importer but they don't sell computers.

Oki... I wouldn't know but you can't call it obscure since you proclaim
yourself a customer of theirs!

anyway a conputer with 32GB storage is pretty useless for most.

It would be conware! :-))

That's less than most SD cards sold for cameras.
But if you;re happy with it then buy it , we would no be for teh lab and I
wouldn't find much use for one at home either.

I'm not Alfred Moron and have never visited conrad.de but for