Avadon BW Prints

Old September 16th 10, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Howard Lester[_3_]

Default Avadon BW Prints

wrote:
Today I visited the Avadon Fashion exhibition at the MFA in Boston,
Ma.
There were several rooms of prints.
They were all black and white "silver gelatin" prints.
All of the BW prints were incredible in quality, exposure, focus,
contrast range, etc.
I have never seen such well printed BW images.
Does anyone know if he printed them himself or did he have a printer
do it for him?
Does anyone know what papers, developers, toners, etc might have been
used?
I have searched around and could not find answers to these questions.
If you have an opportunity, do not miss this exhibit.
Thanks
Ken

Call the University of Arizona Center for Creative Photography. They have
his archives. There is a specific number to call for the Richard Avedon
(correct spelling) collection:

http://www.creativephotography.org/contact.php

520-626-5195