Camera RAW update installation (CS2)

Old October 24th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Default Camera RAW update installation (CS2)

I downloaded the update file that is supposed to have the raw driver
for our camera. However, the accompanying instructions say to replace
the existing plugin in a directory

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plugins\CS2\File Formats.

However, there IS no "Plugins" folder under Adobe. Yes, I am sure I
am in Common Files.

Should I just create the appropriate missing folders and stick the new
plugin in there? Or do I need to do something more fancy?
--
Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

Old October 24th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim

"Don Stauffer in Minnesota" wrote in message
oups.com...
I downloaded the update file that is supposed to have the raw driver
for our camera. However, the accompanying instructions say to replace
the existing plugin in a directory

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plugins\CS2\File Formats.

However, there IS no "Plugins" folder under Adobe. Yes, I am sure I
am in Common Files.

Should I just create the appropriate missing folders and stick the new
plugin in there? Or do I need to do something more fancy?
--
Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

Following the folder trail beginning with Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
show a folder called Plug-Ins. Therein lies your problem.

You are quite correct, there is no folder called Plugins.

Jim

Old October 25th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
just bob

"Don Stauffer in Minnesota" wrote in message
oups.com...
I downloaded the update file that is supposed to have the raw driver
for our camera. However, the accompanying instructions say to replace
the existing plugin in a directory

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plugins\CS2\File Formats.

However, there IS no "Plugins" folder under Adobe. Yes, I am sure I
am in Common Files.

Should I just create the appropriate missing folders and stick the new
plugin in there? Or do I need to do something more fancy?
--
Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

Looks like you already got some good advice on the plug-in here.

I just hope your camera was available in stores before January 2007 or its
raw format will not be supported by CS2. For example the raw files from the
Canon 40D and 1D Mark III are not supported in the older CS2 software. If
that is the case, download the free Adobe DNG converter to convert the files
from 40D raw to DNG and then you can use Adobe Camera Raw in CS2.

-Bob