Besides me, how many folks in this NG are still using 35mm film?

Old September 30th 10, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
dickr2

Default Besides me, how many folks in this NG are still using 35mm film?

Just curious.
When I get the film developed I'll get prints, negatives and the
photos on a CD. I've loaded photos from my digital camera onto my
PC and copied those files onto a CD for backup ... and maybe,
someday, I'll get some of them printed.

Still stuck on 35mm
Dick
Old September 30th 10, 09:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-09-30 12:36:19 -0700, dickr2 said:

Just curious.
When I get the film developed I'll get prints, negatives and the
photos on a CD. I've loaded photos from my digital camera onto my
PC and copied those files onto a CD for backup ... and maybe,
someday, I'll get some of them printed.

Still stuck on 35mm
Dick

I threw in the towel over three years ago.
My 3 x 35mm cameras (Pentax x 2, & Yashica electro 35) are nostalgic
fixtures of my past.

Savageduck

Old October 1st 10, 12:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
K W Hart

"dickr2" wrote in message
Just curious.
When I get the film developed I'll get prints, negatives and the
photos on a CD. I've loaded photos from my digital camera onto my
PC and copied those files onto a CD for backup ... and maybe,
someday, I'll get some of them printed.

Still stuck on 35mm
Dick

I think if it were a competition, I could be more "stuck on 35mm" (or film
and darkroom) than most others!
I maintain both a color and B&W darkroom, capable of handling 35mm up to
4x5, and printing up to 30"x40" prints.
My refrigerator typically contains 40-60 rolls of 120 film, 75-100 rolls of
35mm, and a couple boxes of 4x5 film. Also, a roll of 4"x575', 5"x575', and
8"x575' color print paper. (And a case of beer, a head of lettuce, a couple
of tomatoes and carrots!)
As to cameras, in the studio is a 4x5 view camera, three medium format
cameras, 360 35mm camera bodies and 550 various lenses.
Yeah, I think I'm pretty much committed to "the Dark(room) Side"

Ken Hart

Old October 1st 10, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Nebenzahl

On 9/30/2010 12:36 PM dickr2 spake thus:

Just curious.
When I get the film developed I'll get prints, negatives and the
photos on a CD. I've loaded photos from my digital camera onto my
PC and copied those files onto a CD for backup ... and maybe,
someday, I'll get some of them printed.

Still stuck on 35mm

Me too. Main cam is a Canon A-1, though I also use various rangefinder
cameras as well.

Somebody keeping score here?

Old October 1st 10, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael[_6_]

On 2010-09-30 15:36:19 -0400, dickr2 said:

Just curious.
When I get the film developed I'll get prints, negatives and the
photos on a CD. I've loaded photos from my digital camera onto my
PC and copied those files onto a CD for backup ... and maybe,
someday, I'll get some of them printed.

Still stuck on 35mm
Dick

Me.
I have a D5000 now which is nice.
But for the ideal pictures I use my venerable Nikon F (manual focus,
handheld incident meter) and TriX for B&W or Kodachrome (still have 1
1/2 rolls to go, cutoff date being December 30) or Ektachrome, or my
Pentax 6x7. I just picked up a non-AI Nikkor 43-86 zoom for under $30
on ebay. Don't remember how many hundreds of 1970 dollars that glass
cost back in the day. It is a gorgeous lens, does not need to be
refocused when zoomed, and keeps its max f/3.5 over the zoom range.

One of the reasons I got the D5000 instead of the D90 is that the 5000
(and NOT the 90) will take the manual non-AI lenses (in full manual
mode), which means my 50mm f/1.4 functions as a very fast short
telephoto.

But that new 43-86 is a great walking around lens.
--
Michael

Old October 1st 10, 11:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alex Monro

dickr2 wrote:

Just curious.
When I get the film developed I'll get prints, negatives and the
photos on a CD. I've loaded photos from my digital camera onto my
PC and copied those files onto a CD for backup ... and maybe,
someday, I'll get some of them printed.

Although I mainly shoot digital, I still use my Nikon FM2 and Pentax
ME Super, and occasionally a Canon compact. I mainly use Ilford XP2
Super amd Fuji Superia 200 or 400, though I've recently been trying
Kodak Ektar 100 with impressive results. I get 6x4 prints and high
res scans on CD, which I sometimes edit digitally and make 8x12 prints
from.

I shoot about 1 or 2 rolls per month.

Old October 1st 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete[_8_]

On 2010-10-01 14:17:28 +0100, Cheesehead said:

One can never have too many lenses!

Only too many to carry around all at once.

In answer to the OP's question: I've started using 35 mm film again.

--
Pete

Old October 1st 10, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

"dickr2" wrote:

Still stuck on 35mm

I use 35mm film occasionally, and weather and UPS permitting will
do so this weekend to test drive a 24-120mm f/4 Nikkor.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles

Old October 1st 10, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete[_8_]

On 2010-10-01 15:48:28 +0100, Michael Benveniste said:

"dickr2" wrote:

Still stuck on 35mm

I use 35mm film occasionally, and weather and UPS permitting will
do so this weekend to test drive a 24-120mm f/4 Nikkor.

Good luck and let us know how it went. You may end up liking that lens.

--
Pete

Old October 1st 10, 08:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
dickr2

pbromaghin wrote:

snip

Everybody tells me to go digital, but when did they ever tell the guy
driving a '57 chevy that he should get an Accord?

Oh the memories. 1957 Chev with a 283ci / 283hp fuel injection engine.
If a person had one of these cars in pristine condition, it would be
worth 5 Accords.

Dick