[SI]: New Mandate: Wide Open

Old February 6th 09, 01:59 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
bowser

Default [SI]: New Mandate: Wide Open

Yes, your benevelont SI dictator has already selected a new mandate from a
list presented to the Shoot-In Advisory Team Committee Group Board. The new
mandate is "Wide Open." You can interpret this any way you'd like, from a
literal translation to the assumption that anything goes. We all need a
break after sweating through the last one, Communication. I can still see
the sweat beading on your foreheads. Fire at will. Besides, anyone who
complains has to take over the job of Benevelont Shoot-In Dictator.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wide_open

Old February 6th 09, 05:37 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac[_11_]

bowser wrote:

Yes, your benevelont SI dictator has already selected a new mandate
from a list presented to the Shoot-In Advisory Team Committee Group
Board. The new mandate is "Wide Open." You can interpret this any way
you'd like, from a literal translation to the assumption that
anything goes. We all need a break after sweating through the last
one, Communication. I can still see the sweat beading on your
foreheads. Fire at will. Besides, anyone who complains has to take
over the job of Benevelont Shoot-In Dictator.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wide_open

That is surely the sorriest looking creature I have ever seen!

--
Meet D-Mac, the man they love to hate.
http://www.D-mac.info
Old February 6th 09, 09:03 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

Default : New Mandate: Wide Open

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 09:38:32 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
wrote:

The temptation to go to the archives is strong on this one.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/73513103

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/75506014

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785628

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/103821333

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/1537800

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/83251452

All excellent images, but I hope that people shoot *for* the mandate
rather than submitting "old". The challenge, as I see it, is to find
a scene that matches the mandate rather than to find an old image that
matches.

Those are nice pictures, though, except for Krystal-garbed guy.
That's disgusting, but in focus.

Why does that one guy's hand look like a lobster claw? Reflection or
did he pull a hot dog out of the boiling water?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old February 6th 09, 09:12 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
GregS[_3_]

In article , Annika1980 wrote:
The temptation to go to the archives is strong on this one.

I don't know what this is about, but here is an old one......

http://zekfrivolous.com/led/princess.JPG

greg
Old February 7th 09, 02:25 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 16:45:19 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
wrote:

On Feb 6, 3:03*pm, tony cooper wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/103821333

Those are nice pictures, though, except for Krystal-garbed guy.
That's disgusting, but in focus.

Dude, that's the great Kobayashi ..... the Babe Ruth of eating.
Only man ever to win the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Championship 6 years
in a row, and a nice guy to boot. Nice six-pack, too.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/103790292

Why does that one guy's hand look like a lobster claw? *Reflection or
did he pull a hot dog out of the boiling water?

That's Patrick "Deep Dish" Bertoletti. He dips the buns in fruit
punch to make them go down easier. That's why his hands are red.
Among his accomplishments are eating 42 Peanut Butter and Jelly
sandwiches in 10 minutes and 29 Waffle House waffles in 10 minutes.

Amazing that I didn't recognize these celebrities.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old February 7th 09, 06:43 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

tony cooper wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:

The temptation to go to the archives is strong on this one.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/73513103 ...

All excellent images, but I hope that people shoot *for* the mandate
rather than submitting "old". The challenge, as I see it, is to find
a scene that matches the mandate rather than to find an old image that
matches.

I try to think of the mandate but usually end up just looking at what I
shot for that month to find the best match. If I shoot enough to be able
to pull it off, I figure that's fair g.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old February 7th 09, 09:57 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 09:43:06 -0800, Paul Furman
wrote:

tony cooper wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:

The temptation to go to the archives is strong on this one.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/73513103 ...

All excellent images, but I hope that people shoot *for* the mandate
rather than submitting "old". The challenge, as I see it, is to find
a scene that matches the mandate rather than to find an old image that
matches.

I try to think of the mandate but usually end up just looking at what I
shot for that month to find the best match. If I shoot enough to be able
to pull it off, I figure that's fair g.

Recent pix are one thing, but going back in the really old files seems
to me to be a lazy approach. It becomes "My favorite old shot".

I do like shooting to mandate. It pushes me to look at things that I
might not have looked at as subject matter before. That doesn't mean
that I don't photograph off-mandate when I'm out, though.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old February 8th 09, 01:51 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:44:08 -0500, "Larry Thong"
wrote:

tony cooper wrote:

That's Patrick "Deep Dish" Bertoletti. He dips the buns in fruit
punch to make them go down easier. That's why his hands are red.
Among his accomplishments are eating 42 Peanut Butter and Jelly
sandwiches in 10 minutes and 29 Waffle House waffles in 10 minutes.

Amazing that I didn't recognize these celebrities.

You need to get out more and get a little culture, Tony. These competitive
eaters are pretty cool.

If I want to watch competitive eaters, I'll get two dogs and one bowl.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old February 8th 09, 08:52 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
bowser

"tony cooper" wrote in message

That's Patrick "Deep Dish" Bertoletti. He dips the buns in fruit
punch to make them go down easier. That's why his hands are red.
Among his accomplishments are eating 42 Peanut Butter and Jelly
sandwiches in 10 minutes and 29 Waffle House waffles in 10 minutes.

Amazing that I didn't recognize these celebrities.

Is it me, or is "competitive eating" sub-human? I can't watch it. GD
disgusting.

Old February 8th 09, 10:41 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

bowser wrote:

"tony cooper" wrote in message

That's Patrick "Deep Dish" Bertoletti. He dips the buns in fruit
punch to make them go down easier. That's why his hands are red.
Among his accomplishments are eating 42 Peanut Butter and Jelly
sandwiches in 10 minutes and 29 Waffle House waffles in 10 minutes.

Amazing that I didn't recognize these celebrities.

Is it me, or is "competitive eating" sub-human? I can't watch it. GD
disgusting.

I agree.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.