A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Life Magazine - Some of the Pros



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 14th 18, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
croy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed

--
croy
  #2  
Old June 14th 18, 06:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,056
Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed


Nice memories. Thanks for posting

--
PeterN
  #3  
Old June 14th 18, 08:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 429
Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

On 06/14/2018 01:21 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed


Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!

--
Ken Hart

  #4  
Old June 14th 18, 08:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,056
Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

On 6/14/2018 3:12 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 01:21 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed


Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!


Nor did I see the Sherpas who carried those long lenses

--
PeterN
  #5  
Old June 14th 18, 08:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,569
Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

On Jun 14, 2018, Ken Hart wrote
(in article ):

On 06/14/2018 01:21 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed


Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!


Not even an Instamatic, or Brownie.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

  #6  
Old June 15th 18, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 591
Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

croy:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed


Nice memories. Thanks for posting


Ken Hart:
Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!


If cell phone cameras had been extant at the time they'd all have had
one and you know it.

--
I agree with almost everything that you have said and almost everything that
you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
  #7  
Old June 15th 18, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 429
Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

On 06/14/2018 03:29 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/14/2018 3:12 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 01:21 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed


Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!


Nor did I see the Sherpas who carried those long lenses

I don't know what focal length the tripod mounted lens on the right
(between the lab-coated gentlemen) is, but it looks a bit similar to my
Canon 1200mm lenses. And I don't use no sherpas when I carry it to the
top of the Tuscarora Mountain. Of course there is a parking area off of
PA-74 about 300' from the overlook.

--
Ken Hart

  #8  
Old June 15th 18, 04:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,056
Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

On 6/14/2018 9:44 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 03:29 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/14/2018 3:12 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 01:21 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan, just
for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed


Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!


Nor did I see the Sherpas who carried those long lenses

I don't know what focal length the tripod mounted lens on the right
(between the lab-coated gentlemen) is, but it looks a bit similar to my
Canon 1200mm lenses. And I don't use no sherpas when I carry it to the
top of the Tuscarora Mountain. Of course there is a parking area off of
PA-74 about 300' from the overlook.


You are probably a lot younger than I, and definitely in better physical
condition. Tomorrow, i will see how far I can carry my 80-400, with a
tripod and chair, on the sand. I did get a Tommy Bahama cart, which helps.

--
PeterN
  #9  
Old June 15th 18, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 429
Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

On 06/14/2018 11:58 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/14/2018 9:44 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 03:29 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/14/2018 3:12 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 01:21 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan,
just for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed


Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!


Nor did I see the Sherpas who carried those long lenses

I don't know what focal length the tripod mounted lens on the right
(between the lab-coated gentlemen) is, but it looks a bit similar to
my Canon 1200mm lenses. And I don't use no sherpas when I carry it to
the top of the Tuscarora Mountain. Of course there is a parking area
off of PA-74 about 300' from the overlook.


You are probably a lot younger than I, and definitely in better physical
condition. Tomorrow, i will see how far I can carry my 80-400, with a
tripod and chair, on the sand. I did get a Tommy Bahama cart, which helps.

My first Social Security retirement check was last month (I decided on
the early option at 62), and I'm constantly fighting the battle of the
bulge. But next weekend, I'll be carrying as much gear as possible
around the Gettysburg battlefields and hiking the PA Canal in Juniata
County when I go to the annual family reunion.

--
Ken Hart

  #10  
Old June 16th 18, 05:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,056
Default Life Magazine - Some of the Pros

On 6/15/2018 3:28 AM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 11:58 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/14/2018 9:44 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 03:29 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/14/2018 3:12 PM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 06/14/2018 01:21 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/13/2018 9:40 PM, croy wrote:
I can't remember where I got this foldout, but here is a scan,
just for fun:

https://ibb.co/cJR3Ed


Nice memories. Thanks for posting

Yes, thanks!
I noted that there wasn't a single cell phone camera among them!


Nor did I see the Sherpas who carried those long lenses

I don't know what focal length the tripod mounted lens on the right
(between the lab-coated gentlemen) is, but it looks a bit similar to
my Canon 1200mm lenses. And I don't use no sherpas when I carry it to
the top of the Tuscarora Mountain. Of course there is a parking area
off of PA-74 about 300' from the overlook.


You are probably a lot younger than I, and definitely in better
physical condition. Tomorrow, i will see how far I can carry my
80-400, with a tripod and chair, on the sand. I did get a Tommy Bahama
cart, which helps.

My first Social Security retirement check was last month (I decided on
the early option at 62), and I'm constantly fighting the battle of the
bulge. But next weekend, I'll be carrying as much gear as possible
around the Gettysburg battlefields and hiking the PA Canal in Juniata
County when I go to the annual family reunion.


You are a youngster. I have almost twenty years on you. Anyway, my bird
colony expedition worked out fine, physically. I enjoyed watching the
Oyster Catchers interacting with their chicks. The terns were still
sitting on their eggs. However, the mates of the egg sitters were very
accurate in their dive bombing. I was well prepared for that, but have
to get all the white streaks off the beach cart, and my hat.
Got nothing great, just a couple that prove I was there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vumjs3t7f86c5l2/20180615_NickersonBeach%20Birds_7381-Edit.jpg?dl=0


--
PeterN
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Come see how the PROS do it! Figgy Medium Format Photography Equipment 21 July 23rd 07 08:46 PM
Come see how the PROS do it! Figgy Digital Photography 0 July 22nd 07 01:22 PM
Come see how the PROS do it! Figgy Digital SLR Cameras 0 July 22nd 07 01:22 PM
Feature in Life: America's Weekend Magazine Dave Digital SLR Cameras 0 June 2nd 06 06:12 PM
Plastic Fantastic Magazine (toy camera magazine) Randy Smith General Equipment For Sale 0 April 7th 05 09:43 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.