Emailing photos - How to shrink them down w/ OE.

Old March 7th 05, 10:31 PM
Jim

Default Emailing photos - How to shrink them down w/ OE.

I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

THANKS!!
Jim

Old March 8th 05, 12:23 AM
Ben Thomas

Jim Townsend wrote:
do not spam wrote:

I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
choosing 'mail recipient'

When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted
as to whether you want to shrink the image or not..

Choose shrink

Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient
and any text you want to add.

The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images from
multiple folders to one email.

--
Ben Thomas
Old March 8th 05, 02:10 AM
Ron Hunter

Jim wrote:
I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

THANKS!!
Jim

Go to the Microsoft site and download the 'powertoys'. One of them
makes this process quite painless. You just select the picture from
Explorer and right click. It will then offer you an email option, which
will then bring up a dialog asking you what size you want. It will
resize/resample the picture to the new size, and feed it to your email
program.

--
Ron Hunter
Old March 8th 05, 02:11 AM
Ron Hunter

Ben Thomas wrote:
Jim Townsend wrote:

do not spam wrote:

[...]

Wasn't what he asked. We are supposed to read his mine, as you seem to
have???

--
Ron Hunter
Old March 8th 05, 02:13 AM
Ron Hunter

Jim Townsend wrote:
Ben Thomas wrote:

Jim Townsend wrote:

do not spam wrote:

I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos

from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but

I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
choosing 'mail recipient'

When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted
as to whether you want to shrink the image or not..

Choose shrink

Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient
and any text you want to add.

The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images from
multiple folders to one email.

Hmm.. you're right.. Gotta read slower :-)

I don't think you can do this directly from
OE..

It would require moving/copying them to a folder first, I believe.

--
Ron Hunter
Old March 10th 05, 10:02 PM
Jim

"Jim Townsend" wrote in message
Ron Hunter wrote:

Ben Thomas wrote:

The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images
from multiple folders to one email.

Wasn't what he asked. We are supposed to read his mine, as you seem to
have???

The OP said he knows how to "send from a single folder"
but can't do the same from within OE when adding
attachments.

He doesn't say he's right clicking and choosing 'send
to mail recipient', but I guess you can assume he
was doing that since there's no other way to mail
a message to someone from a "single folder".

I think he wants to open OE, add an attachement
and shrink it in the same manner as the right
click method.

The question wasn't worded that clearly :-)

Thanks to all who replied! I will take a look at the powertoys to see if
this may help. Maybe Microsoft will create a way in the future to do what I
am asking.
I can not say if my question was clear or not and if not - SORRY!!! In my
head it made perfect sense. For now I can create a folder on my desktop -
add the shrunken pictures in it then mail the folder. It just seems like a
pain this way and an easy thing to invent to do - a way to attach a pic to
the mail then shrink at that time - repeat for each folder I want to send
from. OR....I could be like everyone I know - ALL their pictures are under
"my pictures" and they just hunt there. Maybe I should just stop taking so
many digital pictures and boring my family and friends with them via Email?!

Jim / NJ

Old March 10th 05, 10:06 PM
Jim

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder
but I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose
photos from several different folders and make them smaller to Email all
in the message.

THANKS!!
Jim

Go to the Microsoft site and download the 'powertoys'. One of them makes
this process quite painless. You just select the picture from Explorer
and right click. It will then offer you an email option, which will then
bring up a dialog asking you what size you want. It will resize/resample
the picture to the new size, and feed it to your email program.

--
Ron Hunter

PS to my earlier reply. This says to select from Explorer? My pics are in
folders on my C drive - not in IE? Pardon the ignorance - I'm not that
computer literate (Hence the original post and delay in reading the replies)
so maybe you mean a different Explorer.
Jim

Old March 10th 05, 10:16 PM
Jim

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder
but I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose
photos from several different folders and make them smaller to Email all
in the message.

THANKS!!
Jim

Go to the Microsoft site and download the 'powertoys'. One of them makes
this process quite painless. You just select the picture from Explorer
and right click. It will then offer you an email option, which will then
bring up a dialog asking you what size you want. It will resize/resample
the picture to the new size, and feed it to your email program.

--
Ron Hunter

SORRY for the three replies. I went to MS and downloaded what Ron said and I
found how to "resize" the pictures as a copy - then I guess I could Email
them from there but then I'd have all these copies of the originals no? Then
I'd want to delete those? And still can't jus hit new mail and go from
there? I'll play with it a while.
Jim

Old March 10th 05, 10:45 PM
Ron Hunter

Ron Hunter wrote:

Ben Thomas wrote:

[...]

There is software, some free, like Picasa 2 which will do what you want,
and much much more. Check it out at Google.

--
Ron Hunter
Old March 10th 05, 10:46 PM
Ron Hunter

Jim wrote:
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

Jim wrote:

[...]

Try selecting the pictures you want to send, and then right-click. Go
from there.

--
Ron Hunter