A truly HORRIFIC tsunami picture

Old January 1st 05, 11:35 PM
Roland Karlsson

"Mark²" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in

Perhaps you would prefer we remove him, and then disappear?
Interesting strategy.

I just say that you have to be consistent in your argumentation.
If you want to stay there you cannot use Saddam as a motivation.

/Roland
Old January 1st 05, 11:44 PM
Mark²

"Roland Karlsson" wrote in message
"Mark²" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in

Perhaps you would prefer we remove him, and then disappear?
Interesting strategy.

I just say that you have to be consistent in your argumentation.
If you want to stay there you cannot use Saddam as a motivation.

??
We stay for many reasons, not the least of which is that the removal of
Saddam necessitates the difficult process of establishing government in
replacement of him. This is most certainly a part of why we stay. We
cannot "continually" remove him, but his removal carries with it certain
follow-up commitments...including the power vacuum that typically follows
the removal of any dictator.

Old January 1st 05, 11:46 PM
Cynicor

"The Dave©" wrote:
Cynicor wrote:
I don't think it's just that. In the US we're (unjustly, in my
mind) sheltered from reality like that. There were plenty of
pictures of people jumping from the WTC on 9-11, yet people in the
US didn't see that.

We didn't? I still have the NY Times from 9-12 that showed people
jumping/falling.

Ok, fine, *MOST* people in the US didn't see that. It was not on any
of the network broadcasts that I watched, for example, nor was it in
any of the west coast papers that I'm aware of. Many Europeans,
especially in this newsgroup, commented on how those shots were shown
over and over on television in their countries. If you choose to lose
the point of the comment over an isolated exception, that's your
choice, but the intent of the point still stands.

Yes, yes I would.

Old January 1st 05, 11:47 PM
Roland Karlsson

"The Dave©" wrote in :

So, now that we've got him, are you suggesting that a full pull-out is
in order so that their society can sink into utter chaos and civil war
would be in order? How many people die then, and for what reason?

No - reread what I wrote - I did not suggest anything at all,
except that you cannot use Saddam as a motivation to be there.
I fully understand the problem of withdraval. Chaos it will be.

A thought though - if you cannot withdraw now - when can you do so?

/Roland

Old January 1st 05, 11:51 PM
Fletis Humplebacker

"Zico"

"Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote in message

"Mxsmanic"
"Mark²" mjmorgan(lowest even number writes:

Thank you for posting this image.
People need to understand the enormity of this tragedy, and if even it

is
posted on the cover of PLAYBOY...I would appreciate it, simply because
people need to be confronted with REALity these days, rather than the
candy-coated versions so many of these quasi-sensitive phonies insist

upon.

Thank you again for this link.

I agree. This sort of image makes the magnitude of the disaster much
easier to grasp.

If someone needs a photo to grasp 120 thousand plus people dying
something is missing.

The experience ? ;-)

No. If you need to experience a tsunami to understand 120+
thousand dead is truely horrible you are missing a soul.

Old January 1st 05, 11:55 PM
The Dave©

Roland Karlsson wrote:
I just say that you have to be consistent in your argumentation.
If you want to stay there you cannot use Saddam as a motivation.

Any job is not finished until all the loose ends are tied up and
accounted for and any residual effects are addressed.

Do you wash the dishes after you eat? If so, why? The meal is done.
An imperfect analogy, but an analogy nonetheless. There's 'clean-up'
work to be done after a primary objective is accomplished, and that
work requires time and effort, also.

--
As long as Major League Baseball expects public funding for their
facilities, and as long as they enjoy an added level of freedom of
Old January 1st 05, 11:57 PM
Fletis Humplebacker

"William Graham"

"Fletis Humplebacker"

If someone needs a photo to grasp 120 thousand plus people dying
something is missing.

But the photos can make it more real....When I was 10 years old, I went to
the movies and saw a Movietone News clip of bull dozers pushing
skeleton-like bodies into an open trench at a Nazi death camp.....That clip
is still burned into my memory, and I am 69 years old today. No amount of
words could ever replace that newsclip in my memory.......

I agree with that but unless someone lives in a cage they've
seen the video clips of the tsunami. I see the lesson
about man's inhumanity to man a bit different than the
unfortunant outcome of a natural disaster. The only thing
learned here is that the world needs to get together with a
warning system of some type.