A truly HORRIFIC tsunami picture

Old January 6th 05, 12:41 AM
TCS

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:35:51 GMT, Inaccessible wrote:
In article
,
TCS wrote:

Name one prediction that had come true after it was written down.
One will do.
And try not to be rediculously vague.

Ok if you promise to come out of the cave and learn to spell
"ridiculous".

"Let there be light."

Do you know what the word "prediction" means?
Obviously not.
Old January 6th 05, 12:45 AM
Inaccessible

In article
,
TCS wrote:

Do you know what the word "prediction" means?

Do I care what you have to say?

Obviously not.

Old January 6th 05, 12:46 AM
Roland Karlsson

"Mark²" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in

Don't know, but I think there are a LOT of supposed "atheists" who
will face death with terrible fear.
Why?

It is built into our genes to try to avoid death.
Individuals without death fear will not add its
gene information to the next generation - i.e. no
kids. So - that property will be sorted out of the
gene pool over generations. This mechanism is not
"intelligent" enough to remove the death fear when
your days of making kids are over (*).

There are some exceptions to this rule. Bees gives
their life easily when the hive is threathened. You
may also defend your kids with your life, even not
so easily as bees does it for its hive. The reason why
it is a good behaviour to give its life for the hive
is that all "individuals" in the hive have the same
genetic code. So - your genes do still survive
even if you die.

(*) Aging is probably the mechanism for that. Aging
sees to it that you don't get too old. When you have done
your part it is better that you pass away. Species that
gets too old are not competitive.

/Roland

Old January 6th 05, 12:51 AM
Inaccessible

Roland Karlsson wrote:

[...]

Do you take yourself seriously?

Old January 6th 05, 12:52 AM
Roland Karlsson

"William Graham" wrote in

Yes. The speed of the wave is not the speed of the water. It just
means the water is going up and down fast, but not that it is moving
fast longitudinally......

At deep sea the wave is going up and down.

But - whan the wave hits shallower parts, the energy is
transformed into forward moving water. And (as in this case)
when the wave is traveling over flat ground, the entire
energy is transformed into forward motion.

/Roland