citric acid stop

Old February 9th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default citric acid stop

Peter Irwin wrote:
Ilford's info for Ilfostop is at:
http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/pdf/Chemical%20sundries.pdf

Thanks, that answers my question.

Old February 9th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

What the **** is your problem, asshole?

Pour the stop bath down the drain, UNLESS you tell us otherwise, there
is NO HARN DONE!

Joe wrote:
UC wrote:
Joe wrote:
UC wrote:
Dilute and discard down the drain. No harm will be done.

You know so much about my personal drain situation that I feel very
fortunate for your informative, authoritative and detailed replies.

If your drain is an ordinary household drain (and you have not told us
otherwise) there is no reason to worry. If your situation is different,
it is up to YOU to tell US. RIGHT?

I didnt ask you anything about my drain. You decided to change the
question to suit your answer

Old February 9th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Right, Jan!

This guy's an asshole...pay no attention to him...

Jan Tieghem wrote:
should you really bother? The stuff is so cheap (buy bulk) you don't need to
store it. Just make yourself fresh stop bath and after your print session,
just discard it.

"Joe" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old February 9th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Joe wrote:
Peter Irwin wrote:
Ilford's info for Ilfostop is at:
http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/pdf/Chemical%20sundries.pdf

Thanks, that answers my question.

For the record, in case anyone should be so unfortunate as to ask this
question again, the capacity is 30 8x10's per liter and the working
solution's life is 7 days, for the Ilford product anyway.

Old February 9th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

even the commercial ones e.g. with indicator...? Never used anything else,
and I only discard it when it's color flips. I don't have enough output to
take serious advantage of bulk chemicals BTW.

"UC" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old February 9th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

didn't I?

Old February 10th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In fact, you'll be cleaning the drain. We use undiluted citric acid to
clean toilets.

Old February 10th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

UC wrote:
What the **** is your problem, asshole?

Pour the stop bath down the drain, UNLESS you tell us otherwise, there
is NO HARN DONE!

Well, umm, as you say....asshole....since you dont know a thing about
my drain, I didnt ask about it, and it isnt relevant to my question,
why are you getting your panties in such a bundle? Five replies from
you on this topic, and not one indicated that you comprehended (or
even read) my very simple question which involved working life and
capacity. Only. Not disposal, not safety, not harm being done. I have
those things covered, thank you. Have a nice day.

Old February 10th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

The noraml practice is dilute and discard.

If you CANNOT do this, you have to tell us why, because that is the
normal way of doing it!

Old February 11th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On 6 Feb 2006 08:32:51 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

anyone know the capacity and/or approximate shelf life of a 15 g/liter
working solution ?

ILFOSTOP PRO

Capacities & Replenishment

films/litre - 24x135–36 (unreplenished)

RC papers/litre (8x10 inch) (unreplenished) - 90 20.3x25.4cm

FB papers/litre (8x10 inch) (unreplenished) – 45 20.3x25.4cm

Replenishment rate -

Film -100–200ml/sq.m
Paper - 100–200ml/sq.m

==