The End Times Are Here

Old February 6th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default The End Times Are Here

"John" wrote in message
If you review the chart at :

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ohx/climate/extremes.htm

You'll find that while our winters have been significantly warmer, our
summers have been cooler. I find that somewhat puzzling.

Just what the doctor ordered! Perfect. Warmest winter I (a native NYer) can
remember here in NYC. My father said the same.

Natural Light Black and White Photography
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze76ane/
-George-

Old February 6th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

John spake thus:

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 06:49:20 -0700, Tom Phillips
wrote:

John wrote:

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 21:21:38 -0700, Tom Phillips
wrote:

Problem this year is the Jet Stream. Today it was a respectable
-48 F in Point Barrow AK but from Colorado to Montana to
Wisconsin it's been the warmest January on record.

If you review the chart at :

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ohx/climate/extremes.htm

You'll find that while our winters have been significantly
warmer, our summers have been cooler. I find that somewhat
puzzling.

Seems to be a general trend in N. America.

I recently saw on the news several former EPA administrators,
including William Ruckelshaus, condemn Dubya's administration for
doing nothing about global warming...

Do tell me that Christine Todd-Whitman wasn't among them ! [...]
Combined with the significant evidence that she has endangered
thousands of people who returned to lower Manhattan prematurely, I
think she was the absolute worst director the EPA ever had.

""No reasonable person would have thought that telling thousands of
people that it was safe to return to lower Manhattan, while knowing
that such return could pose long-term health risks and other dire
consequences, was conduct sanctioned by our laws," and called
Whitman's actions "conscience-shocking."
U.S. District Court Judge Deborah A. Batts, February 2, 2006

when issuing a ruling on Whitmans request to be ganted immunity from
the class action suit brought by those who were exposed to the
incredibly high levels of dioxins, asbestos, heavy metals and PCB's.

Good God (and I ain't religious): can you *imagine* the **** (and how
much of it) those people were exposed to? We've all seen that footage of
the billowing clouds chasing people down the street: for Chrissake,
there were burned and melted computers, office furniture, copy machines,
chemicals galore in there!

Apparently this (Whitman's and the EPA's outrageous lies) was all part
of a spin campaign coordinated by the Bush White House.

--
If the United States government, with all its capacity to collect
and interpret information, did not see Hamas doing very well in the

- Rami G. Khouri, editor at large of the Beirut-based _Daily Star_
Old February 6th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

wrote:

Problem this year is the Jet Stream. Today it was
a respectable -48 F in Point Barrow AK but from
Colorado to Montana to Wisconsin it's been the
warmest January on record.

If you review the chart at :

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ohx/climate/extremes.htm

You'll find that while our winters have been significantly warmer, our
summers have been cooler. I find that somewhat puzzling.

Seems to be a general trend in N. America.

I recently saw on the news several former EPA
administrators, including William Ruckelshaus,
condemn Dubya's administration for doing nothing
about global warming...

Do tell me that Christine Todd-Whitman wasn't among them !

Don't know. But Ruckelshaus can't be dismissed.
W only wants yes men, not "republicans."

Her only
saving grace is that she eventually figured out that George appointed
her to the EPA just so he could have another Republican in the EPS
office. At least she had what it takes to resign after she figured it
out. Of course that was after she altered the goverment-commisioned
report indicating that global warming was being caused by the human
factor and was therefore not a completely natural occurance. Combined

U.S. District Court Judge Deborah A. Batts, February 2, 2006

when issuing a ruling on Whitmans request to be ganted immunity from
the class action suit brought by those who were exposed to the
incredibly high levels of dioxins, asbestos, heavy metals and PCB's.
Unfortunately the same judge didn't rule on the case brought by
Stanley G. Hilton. That judge determined that a sitting president
can't be sued due to the legal loophole of 'Doctrine of Sovereign
Immunity'. IOW, the government can't do any wrong even when we know
good and well they were guilty as sin.

==
John - Photographer & Webmaster
www.puresilver.org - www.xs750.net

Old February 10th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 14:46:32 -0700, Tom Phillips
wrote:

Do tell me that Christine Todd-Whitman wasn't among them !

Don't know. But Ruckelshaus can't be dismissed.
W only wants yes men, not "republicans."

Well the RNC promoted him. Why I'll never have any idea. The good
thing is that "4 more years" is just about enough time for the RNC to
be "hoist by their own petard". ;)

BTW, check this out :

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget...df/savings.pdf

Note the one of the cuts is to :

"Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Operations"

Yeah, in a time of global warming and subsequent increased flooding
our government is swinging the axe on funding while asking for another
$80,B for a "war" (yeah right ! It's called an occupation) in a
third-world country that would just as soon have not had the US
upsetting their applecarts.

==
Old February 14th 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

wrote:

Do tell me that Christine Todd-Whitman wasn't among them !

Don't know. But Ruckelshaus can't be dismissed.
W only wants yes men, not "republicans."

Well the RNC promoted him. Why I'll never have any idea. The good
thing is that "4 more years" is just about enough time for the RNC to
be "hoist by their own petard". ;)

BTW, check this out :

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget...df/savings.pdf

Note the one of the cuts is to :

"Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Operations"

Yeah, in a time of global warming and subsequent increased flooding
our government is swinging the axe on funding while asking for another
$80,B for a "war" (yeah right ! It's called an occupation) in a
third-world country that would just as soon have not had the US
upsetting their applecarts.

well 1) Ruckelshaus is too independent but
anyone who hangs an R by their name is
dutifully promoted and 2) most repub (classic
or noecon) believe in GOV funding for only
one thing...

TIMES SQUARE BALL HAPPYNEWYEAR [email protected] Digital Photography 1 January 4th 06 02:42 PM
Efke 50 film and PMK developing times Steve In The Darkroom 0 July 19th 05 10:06 PM
Boot Times and Recycle Times Moo Digital Photography 2 November 20th 04 12:31 PM
Old Tri-X, new development times J D B In The Darkroom 26 September 10th 04 03:20 AM
FP4 classic (not plus) developing times Chris Loffredo In The Darkroom 0 May 6th 04 11:04 PM