Cell Thread adapters

Old March 7th 11, 11:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

Default Cell Thread adapters

"Cheesehead" wrote in message
Are there readily-available thread adapters so that cells
intended for
a Copal 3 or 3s can be fit into another large shutter.
I've read that
S K Grimes does this "custom" but I was curious if the
parts were out
there to be had for a more modest price.

I've never seen anything like this. Not only must the
threads match but the location of the cells in the shutter
are critical. Element spacing, which includes cell spacing
is extremely critical for many lens designs so its not
trivial to move a lens from one shutter to another of a
different type.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Old March 8th 11, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Jean-David Beyer

Richard Knoppow wrote:
"Cheesehead" wrote in message
Are there readily-available thread adapters so that cells
intended for
a Copal 3 or 3s can be fit into another large shutter.
I've read that
S K Grimes does this "custom" but I was curious if the
parts were out
there to be had for a more modest price.

I've never seen anything like this. Not only must the
threads match but the location of the cells in the shutter
are critical. Element spacing, which includes cell spacing
is extremely critical for many lens designs so its not
trivial to move a lens from one shutter to another of a
different type.

It may not even be easy to move a lens from one shutter to another of
the same type.

My Wisner Convertable Plasmat Set comes with a Copal #1 shutter, but I
cannot substitute another Copal #1 because Mr. Wisner machined the brass
part of the shutter to allow the cells to be a little closer together.

^^-^^ 16:55:02 up 5 days, 1:56, 4 users, load average: 5.08, 5.00, 4.76