Why I love digital

Old March 28th 05, 01:24 AM
mike regish

Oh yeah. The 7D has a diopter adjustment too, just for us old guys. I do
have a little trouble shooting with glasses on, but mostly it just amounts
to not being able to see the shake meter.

mike

"rufref" wrote in message

Ok, so the serious photographer who wears glasses should do what.....use a
string and measure the distance from the subject to the focal point in the
camera....autofocus is a god send for those who do not have 20/20
vision...hopefully it might not be something you will be concerned
with...but once you go over 40 years old you have a good chance of needing
some vision correction device and you will realize the benefit of
autofocus.

ref

Old March 28th 05, 01:26 AM
mike regish

That's true. I have a wife and a niece that hate getting their pix taken. I
haven't been able to get a shot of their faces yet. Haven't tried it with
manual focus yet, though.

mike

"UC" wrote in message
ups.com...

2/10ths of a second can make all the difference in the world.

Old March 28th 05, 01:27 AM
mike regish

When I was researching this camera I found your link. Very helpful.

mike

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
I forgot the link in my prev. post.

Alan Browne wrote:

The 7D is an excellent camera for shooting. It is not perfect and I hope
K-M sharpen up on their next go around. My Kudos and complaints are
he http://www.aliasimages.com/Max7Drev.htm and this will be added to
as time goes on.

Old March 28th 05, 01:27 AM
Larry

In article , says...
That was good.

Thanks.

mike

"Scott W" wrote in message
Chimping is the act of looking at your photos on the camera.
For a very funny look at chimping go here
http://www.sportsshooter.com/special...ing/index.html

Scott

Now that I know what it is, I know I dont do it!

I never look back though the shots untill I load them on the computer.

I got used to film, and never developed ('scuse the pun) the habit of looking
at the shots on the camera.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.
Old March 28th 05, 01:27 AM
Larry

In article , says...
That was good.

Thanks.

mike

Old March 28th 05, 02:36 AM
rufref

The diopter on my F100 also helps me, but I still feel safer with auto
focus. I do have to manually focus my 1000mm lens and I seem to do OK
without my glasses. I just don't trust my eyes anymore.

Ref

Old March 28th 05, 03:08 AM
Ron Hunter

UC wrote:
2/10ths of a second can make all the difference in the world.

Ron Hunter wrote:

scott wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

The shutter has a delay of 100 - 200 ms. On the Maxxum 9 it is

about

50-60ms.

The following site shows .27 secs (Shutter lag, full autofocus

.266):

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/MAX7/D7A7.HTM

This is a serious design weakness that eliminated the 7D from
consideration for me.

Oh, give me a BREAK. Two tenths of a second? You won't notice. And

what is that about autofocus? You guys really slay me. I thought no

serious photographer would EVER use autofocus, so WHAT is the

complaint?

--
Ron Hunter

I'm old, so I should be more concerned about time, but .2 seconds is
definitely not something I can get excited about.

--
Ron Hunter