Super Bokeh with Yongnuo!

Old May 23rd 18, 07:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Super Bokeh with Yongnuo!

On 2018-05-23 05:58:21 +0000, Savageduck said:

On May 22, 2018, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On May 22, 2018, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On May 22, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

On 2018-05-23 04:50:31 +0000, Savageduck said:

On May 22, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

On 2018-05-22 23:48:18 +0000, Savageduck said:

Snip

Dropbox is on a server. However, with macOS at least, one also has a
local Dropbox folder, and that folder, along with all the sub-folders,
and
files are visible in the Finder.

Android is correct in that if one right-clicks on a file in the Dropbox
folder one of the options presented is to “Copy Dropbox Linkâ€,
along with; “Share", "View on Dropbox.com", "Version
History",& “View Comments".

Yes, DB syncs nicely with you local computer if the OS is supported.
Dragging a file out of the local DB folder removes it from charing.

...and if you want to keep a file in a DB folder you can kill the link by
going to the Web interface, double click on the file to open it, then
click
on the "..." in the upper right. The pop-up menu will give you
the option to "Remove Link", and retain the file. If you “Share"
again, a fresh link will be generated.

If you have one of the pay editions of DB, you have the option of setting
an expiration for the link, or a password, or disallow download.

I'm a cheapoo! Have not even got around to get me own jumbo, but this
one is on the shortlist:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...a4d8ece66b466e
7dff40663a7.jpg

I think I would prefer to have one of these Cirrus Visions.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cirru...review-picture
s-2018-5

CJoint is a free alternative to DB that stores your media and lets you
put an expiration date on it:

https://www.cjoint.com/

Since I am already paying $9.99/month for Adobe LR CCC + PS CC, having 20 GB
of cloud storage is useful.

https://adobe.ly/2IDVrqh

Try this:

https://adobe.ly/2kjdis5

...and there is always Smugmug;

https://photos.smugmug.com/Laguna-Seca-Extras/i-
LGS3ps8/0/0070cb42/X3/DNC5877-Ew-X3.jpg

Cool!

http://www.steephill.tv/players/profile/?race=giro-d-italia&stage=17&year=2018&src=http://www.steephill.tv/2018/giro-d-italia/profile-17.jpg

http://www.steephill.tv/2018/giro-d-italia/timetable-17.pdf

I think that 14:30 Zulu should be a good choice when to put the set on.
--
teleportation kills

Old May 23rd 18, 05:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/23/2018 1:31 AM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Try this:

https://adobe.ly/2kjdis5

Nicely done image. The green reflections in the grill add a mysterious
and abstract look. I hope you are still doing that kind of work.

--
PeterN
Old May 23rd 18, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 23-May-18 6:31 AM, Savageduck wrote:
Try this:

https://adobe.ly/2kjdis5

-- Regards, Savageduck

That link works. Thanks - nice image! :-)

Forgive me for mentioning it ..... but a while back you got cross with
me for inadvertently using your Christian name. Now you post an image
with your full name in plain sight. I'm puzzled. Just a simple mistake
on your part?

--
David B.
Old May 23rd 18, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 23-May-18 12:48 AM, Savageduck wrote:
Dropbox is on a server. However, with macOS at least, one also has a local
Dropbox folder, and that folder, along with all the sub-folders, and files
are visible in the Finder.

Are you sure that is supposed to happen? Who puts that local Dropbox
folder onto your Mac?

Did you grant permission for that?

Android is correct in that if one right-clicks on a file in the Dropbox
folder one of the options presented is to “Copy Dropbox Link”, along with;
“Share”, “View on Dropbox.com”, Version History”, & “View Comments”.

Has Apple condoned such action or is Steve Carroll correct?

I suggest you run KnockKnock as a precaution.

--
David B.

Old May 23rd 18, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

On 23-May-18 12:48 AM, Savageduck wrote:
Dropbox is on a server. However, with macOS at least, one also has a local
Dropbox folder, and that folder, along with all the sub-folders, and files
are visible in the Finder.

Are you sure that is supposed to happen? Who puts that local Dropbox
folder onto your Mac?

the dropbox installer, and it is.

Did you grant permission for that?

he did.

Android is correct in that if one right-clicks on a file in the Dropbox
folder one of the options presented is to Copy Dropbox Link, along with;
Share, View on Dropbox.com, Version History, & View Comments.

Has Apple condoned such action or is Steve Carroll correct?

further demonstrating just how incredibly stupid you are.

I suggest you run KnockKnock as a precaution.

i would suggest you get a clue, except that's not possible.
Old May 23rd 18, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 23, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 23-May-18 12:48 AM, Savageduck wrote:
Dropbox is on a server. However, with macOS at least, one also has a local
Dropbox folder, and that folder, along with all the sub-folders, and files
are visible in the Finder.

Are you sure that is supposed to happen?

Yes.

Who puts that local Dropbox folder onto your Mac?

It is part of the full DB installation, as it is for box.com with their sync
folder, Adobe CC Creative Cloud Files, Amazon Drive, and even iCloud Drive.
They all work the same way with a local folder, and a web browser interface,
along with some app specific features, some better than others.

Did you grant permission for that?

The same level of permission I granted Apple for iCloud, and Adobe for CC.

Android is correct in that if one right-clicks on a file in the Dropbox
folder one of the options presented is to “Copy Dropbox Link”, along
with; “Share”, “View on Dropbox.com”, Version History”, & “View
Comments”.

Has Apple condoned such action or is Steve Carroll correct?

As I said, android is the one who was correct.

Apple didn’t have to “condone” anything, it is exactly the same as they
have been doing since the days of iTools when I paid Apple $99/year for 20GB
storage and a .mac.com email address which expanded to add .me.com, and
..icloud.com suffixes.

I suggest you run KnockKnock as a precaution.

Don’t bring your obsession into this NG.

Savageduck

Old May 23rd 18, 07:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 23, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 23-May-18 6:31 AM, Savageduck wrote:
Try this:

https://adobe.ly/2kjdis5

-- Regards, Savageduck

That link works. Thanks - nice image! :-)

Forgive me for mentioning it ..... but a while back you got cross with
me for inadvertently using your Christian name. Now you post an image
with your full name in plain sight. I'm puzzled. Just a simple mistake
on your part?

Adobe changed the way sharing from the CC Assets storage is presented to
include the account holder/subscriber’s name. Adobe has other sharing and
publication options with Lightroom, Behance, and Portfolio. As I have said, I
will chose which service to use for sharing depending on my purpose, the
recipient(s), and convenience. For most casual sharing DB works just fine.

Savageduck

Old May 23rd 18, 08:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 23-May-18 7:44 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 23, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

[...]

All comments noted. Thank you.

I hope you are right!

As far as I'm aware, I haven't INSTALLED Dropbox on my iMac but I can
still USE it from the Droppbox server.

Here's an example link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nj382qhv4...29.tiff?d l=0

There is NO Dropbox folder on my new iMac.

--
David B.

Old May 23rd 18, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 23, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I am. I have been doing this for years without problems.

As far as I'm aware, I haven't INSTALLED Dropbox on my iMac but I can
still USE it from the Droppbox server.

Apparently.

Here's an example link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nj382qhv4...ected%20with%2
0malware%20%28Sucuri%29.tiff?dl=0

More evidence of your chronic paranoia regarding malware. Just don’t bring
that personal afliction to this NG.

There is NO Dropbox folder on my new iMac.

Then you are denying yourself a useful tool in managingCloud storage assets
on your desktop, and the various cloud services web interface.

Here is what my DB folder looks like in my macOS finder. The side bar shows
my Cloud storage option folders. All of those are mirrored on my iOS devices.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eowf4n4qqhg7l81/screenshot_310.png

Savageduck

Old May 23rd 18, 10:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 23-May-18 9:57 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 23, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

[...]

Do you use the ASC forum too?

As far as I'm aware, I haven't INSTALLED Dropbox on my iMac but I can
still USE it from the Droppbox server.

Apparently.

Yep!

Here's an example link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nj382qhv4...ected%20with%2
0malware%20%28Sucuri%29.tiff?dl=0

More evidence of your chronic paranoia regarding malware. Just don’t bring
that personal affliction to this NG.

I hear you!

There is NO Dropbox folder on my new iMac.

Then you are denying yourself a useful tool in managing Cloud storage assets
on your desktop, and the various cloud services web interface.

Here is what my DB folder looks like in my macOS finder. The side bar shows
my Cloud storage option folders. All of those are mirrored on my iOS devices.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eowf4n4qqhg7l81/screenshot_310.png

Thank you so much for showing me. I had much the same on my OLD iMac but
do not have it on my new one.

I must get some sleep now. Thanks for helping and for being civil.

--
David B.