an excellent read from the ACLU

Old January 21st 12, 02:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ala

Default an excellent read from the ACLU

"PeterN" wrote in message
On 1/19/2012 10:37 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Does he look anything like this guy?
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC_0306Gw1.jpg

That image has an HDR look.

Hairy
Dirty
Relies on handouts

he looks just like Brad Pitt!

"Slightly awkward and distractible when facing questions, he was more at
ease making small talk, and most effusive on the subject of his family,
enthusing about Ms. Jolie's film ("I played set photographer") and the kids.
"There's nothing more life-changing than fatherhood," he said. "It's such a
beautiful shift in perspective." He checked himself: "It's often annoying to
hear parents talk about it. I sure wasn't into baby pictures before."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/mo...0l ook&st=cse

Old January 21st 12, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ala

"George Kerby" wrote in message

In the case where they WORK at a JOB: Two words of which you have
absolutely
NO familiarity, dumbass libtard.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...8cP_story.html
@Work Advice: Karla L. Miller looks at where to go when the well runs dry

Very tough question: Living where even the menial jobs have dried up, and
last work reference asked to stop being used as a reference. What options
are left?

Karla: As I see it, you have two options: Stay or go. But first, I'm trying
to get my head around why your one remaining reference has opted out of
helping you. Referral fatigue? Inability to give a more-than-tepid
endorsement? I can't help thinking there's an important nugget there.

Back to your two meager options. They actually offer a wide range of
possibilities, depending on how creative you can get without turning to a
life of crime.

If the jobs have dried up in your area, go where the wells are deeper -
after careful online reconnaissance. Research locales that host the kinds of
industries you want to work in. Apply online for jobs, making it clear that
you're looking to relocate. If you have family or friends in those locales,
rent sofa space from them in exchange for housework or errands when you are
in town to interview. If you don't have those connections, seek short-term
housing opportunities in local classifieds or on Craigslist.

Old January 21st 12, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ala

"George Kerby" wrote in message

Look in the mirror and ask yourself that question, honey...

please don't be so self critical
http://www.latimes.com/features/imag...,5003833.story
Liking yourself just the way you are
By Alene Dawson

Special to the Los Angeles Times
January 8, 2012

You know it's tough out there when fashion and beauty executives think that
even a model's body isn't good enough to sell clothes or that a celebrity's
natural face isn't up to par, even with makeup.

The website Jezebel reported in early December that Swedish retailing giant
H&M featured images on its website of lingerie shown on "completely virtual"
computer-generated bodies with real models' heads superimposed on top.
Meanwhile the British Advertising Standards Authority banned two makeup ads
in 2011 featuring Christy Turlington and Julia Roberts because they thought
too much airbrushing made the ads misleading, and CoverGirl pulled a mascara
ad after a U.S. watchdog agency questioned product claims and
post-production enhancement of the photo.

An H&M official defended his company's practice, saying "It's not about
ideals or to show off a perfect body . we are doing this to show off the
garments."

Old January 21st 12, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ala

"Trevor" wrote in message

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
Are you claiming that 50% of the US population don't have
jobs, are disabled, are too young to work, or don't have incomes?

Sounds about right. And still pay many taxes!

Ge Doesn't and next year will be worse!
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...des+on+Pricing

By KATE LINEBAUGH and BOB SECHLER

General Electric Co.'s big industrial businesses are struggling to translate
higher revenue into bigger profits as prices for its products-particularly
power generators-remain under pressure from competition and weak demand.

The company, which reported an 18% year-over-year drop in fourth-quarter
earnings on Friday, said there are signs the pricing pressure is easing and
margins will expand this year and next. But those improvements aren't yet in
place, leaving the Fairfield, Conn., company once again to rely on its big
lending arm to buoy results.

rofit at GE Capital rose 58% in the fourth quarter even as revenue fell. At
the same time, profit at GE's industrial businesses rose just 1.9% on the
back of a 10% jump in sales. The company's industrial margin shrank to 16.2%
in the fourth quarter from 17.6% a year earlier.

Old January 21st 12, 03:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ala

"Savageduck" wrote in message

Does he look anything like this guy?
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC_0306Gw1.jpg

"Appearance"--britt

Why does the way I look matter so much to you?
Does it matter whether I wear a size nine or a two?
When I try to talk to you about it, you say you love me.
You don't look in the mirror and see that image I see.

It is always something else that I need to do.
I am sorry that I am not the same as you.
Appearance means a lot to you, but I really don't care.
I just want to show everyone my personality and share.

I love to put on makeup and get ready for the day.
How can I have any will power, when you say;
Things would be different if you were smaller.
Sometimes it is something I can't help, like being taller.

I am sorry if this sounds mean, or comes across wrong.
I will always love you, like the lyrics of a song.

Old January 21st 12, 09:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-01-19 22:37 , Savageduck wrote:

Does he look anything like this guy?
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC_0306Gw1.jpg

Rented the movie "The Ides of March" last night, a political intrigue
story revolving around the Dem primary in Ohio.

There were the establishment shots of people with their rally signs
"Vote for Joe" "Bob for President" and so on.

Then a good one: "Will vote for food."

--
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."
Douglas Adams - (Could have been a GPS engineer).
Old January 31st 12, 04:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ala

"Edward A. Falk" wrote in message
GMAN wrote:

I would be much happier if the 49 percent who pay NO taxes ...

I would be much happier if people would stop believing such a bull****
fake statistic. Please. When I was making squat as a work-study student
as part of my financial aid, I was paying taxes. Is anybody here so
poor that they pay *no* taxes?

http://money.howstuffworks.com/only-...income-tax.htm

probably even sales taxes

Old January 31st 12, 04:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ala

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
GMAN wrote:

I would be much happier if the 49 percent who pay NO taxes ...

I would be much happier if people would stop believing such a bull****
fake statistic. Please. When I was making squat as a work-study student
as part of my financial aid, I was paying taxes. Is anybody here so
poor that they pay *no* taxes?

Right-wingnuts are nothing if not stupid. How else could you support
a party that would raise fees and taxes for the middle class in order
to give massive tax breaks to the megarich?

yea no problem at all

Old January 31st 12, 05:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Trevor[_2_]

Right-wingnuts are nothing if not stupid.
How else could you support
a party that would raise fees and taxes for the middle class in order
to give massive tax breaks to the megarich?

They're not ALL stupid, some of them ARE the mega-rich, greedy and self
serving. What they support IS exactly right for them.
But obviously there are far more stupid poor people swayed by the HUGE
advertising budgets, since there simply aren't enough mega-rich voters. And
any parties that support the poor have no advertising budgets at all, so
never see the light of day.
The creed "of the the rich, by the rich and for the rich" was invented in
the USA wasn't it?

Trevor.

Old January 31st 12, 06:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-01-30 20:32:56 -0800, "Trevor" said:

Right-wingnuts are nothing if not stupid.
How else could you support
a party that would raise fees and taxes for the middle class in order
to give massive tax breaks to the megarich?

They're not ALL stupid, some of them ARE the mega-rich, greedy and self
serving. What they support IS exactly right for them.
But obviously there are far more stupid poor people swayed by the HUGE
advertising budgets, since there simply aren't enough mega-rich voters. And
any parties that support the poor have no advertising budgets at all, so
never see the light of day.
The creed "of the the rich, by the rich and for the rich" was invented in
the USA wasn't it?

Trevor.

Actually it started with the European aristocracy, and it was given a
British Isles flavor with royalist supporting conservative parties such
as the 17th & 18th century Tories and constitutional monarchists such
as the Whig party. Both of those parties held to the economic social
divide.

....and then there is their successor the current Conservative Party.

All established the creed "of the rich, by the rich and for the rich"
long before the inception of the USA. So you have something to take
credit for.

Savageduck

ASMP and ACLU gathering data on police harassment of photographers C J Campbell[_2_] Digital Photography 13 February 12th 10 07:17 PM
ASMP and ACLU gathering data on police harassment of photographers Peter[_7_] Digital SLR Cameras 4 February 11th 10 10:52 PM
READ ACPOKER78 35mm Photo Equipment 0 September 1st 04 02:38 AM
Dan - please read Simon General Equipment For Sale 0 August 22nd 03 11:25 AM