A truly HORRIFIC tsunami picture

Old January 22nd 05, 11:53 PM
Inaccessible

All Things Mopar wrote:

Inaccessible commented courteously ...

"Typical engineer" = moron.

Yes, just like the ones that built everything you use in
your pathetic everyday life!

Let me ask you this if you had never been born,

I was never born, I was adopted...

FYI, Usually engineers don't build anything. They design the
construction. Besides who said designers are Typical engineers?
There are a lot of classifications of engineers with varying levels of
knowledge.

More like hatched.
Old January 23rd 05, 12:13 AM
Inaccessible

Mxsmanic wrote:

Roland Karlsson writes:

OK -. so we are back in religion now - are we?

One cannot be anywhere else when speaking of consciousness, since
consciousness is not a physical phenomenon and thus is outside
conventional science (i.e., it is metaphysical--religious).

If only Roland could realize,...your either conscious or your not...
it would be nice if he could spell it too :-)

I don't know however if I would classify metaphysics as religion.
"Religion" connotes dogma and that's something I tend to shy
away from or at least strive to.
Old January 23rd 05, 01:14 AM
Frank ess

Inaccessible wrote:
In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Roland Karlsson writes:

OK -. so we are back in religion now - are we?

One cannot be anywhere else when speaking of consciousness, since
consciousness is not a physical phenomenon and thus is outside
conventional science (i.e., it is metaphysical--religious).

If only Roland could realize,...your either conscious or your not...
it would be nice if he could spell it too :-)

Let me put a grammar lame on your spelling lame: You're either write or
you're yours are wrong.

Old January 23rd 05, 01:14 AM
Inaccessible

"Frank ess" wrote:

Inaccessible wrote:
In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Roland Karlsson writes:

OK -. so we are back in religion now - are we?

One cannot be anywhere else when speaking of consciousness, since
consciousness is not a physical phenomenon and thus is outside
conventional science (i.e., it is metaphysical--religious).

If only Roland could realize,...your either conscious or your not...
it would be nice if he could spell it too :-)

Let me put a grammar lame on your spelling lame: You're either write or
you're yours are wrong.

Yes, you "are" correct :-)
Old January 23rd 05, 11:54 AM
Mxsmanic

William Daffer writes:

I'm not sure that Quantum Theory really has much to say about
macroscopic phenomena.

Quantum theory makes no distinction between microscopic and macroscopic.
Scientists usually assume it applies only to microscopic phenomena, even
though there's no reason for such an assumption, and conveniently ignore
its implications for macroscopic phenomena (which are primarily
metaphysical).

Old January 24th 05, 09:45 PM

Mxsmanic wrote:

William Daffer writes:

I'm not sure that Quantum Theory really has much to say about
macroscopic phenomena.

Quantum theory makes no distinction between microscopic and

macroscopic.

You are woefully ignorant and you don't even know it.

Scientists usually assume it applies only to microscopic phenomena,

No, they don't "assume" anything of the sort.

even though there's no reason for such an assumption,

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/strawman.html

and conveniently ignore its implications for macroscopic
phenomena (which are primarily metaphysical).

www.google.com: "ehrenfest theorem"
"If physical reality says you are an ass, you are an ass." (Uncle Al)

Old January 25th 05, 01:25 AM

Mxsmanic wrote:

No, they don't "assume" anything of the sort.

Explain the reasoning behind this assertion.

Simple: you claim they assume something, Ehrenfest's Theorem shows
otherwise.

You need to read a real text on QM, not the pop-psych babble crap
"Dancing Wu Li Masters" drivel from the Crystal Rubbing Section of the
bookstore.

Old January 25th 05, 03:46 AM
William Daffer

Mxsmanic writes:

William Daffer writes:

I'm not sure that Quantum Theory really has much to say about
macroscopic phenomena.

Quantum theory makes no distinction between microscopic and macroscopic.

Sure it does, in the sense that it deals primarily with phenomena on
very small scales. The de Boglie wavelength of particles is
inversely proportional to its momentum. Compared to sub-atomic
particles macroscopic phenomena have hugue momenta, maybe millions
of orders of magnitudes larger, which makes their indetermancy very,
very small.

Scientists usually assume it applies only to microscopic phenomena, even
though there's no reason for such an assumption, and conveniently ignore
its implications for macroscopic phenomena (which are primarily
metaphysical).

If quantum physicists 'usually assume it applies only to microscopic
phenomena,' then there's a good reason for the assumption.

whd
--
INTERREGNUM, n. The period during which a monarchical country is
governed by a warm spot on the cushion of the throne. The experiment