ot. iPhone updates

Old December 6th 17, 10:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default ot. iPhone updates

In article , peter
wrote:

Prior to getting my new iPhone I would be notified that there is an update
available. I have had issues with my plus that have been solved by updating
the iOS system. Both times I had not received a notice that an update was
available that would fix the bug. Has anybody else had that issue, or is
there a setting that I have missed. If it is a setting, which one?

updates can take a few days to appear for everyone, or you can request
it at any time.

Old December 7th 17, 06:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 12/6/2017 4:23 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , peter
wrote:

Prior to getting my new iPhone I would be notified that there is an update
available. I have had issues with my plus that have been solved by updating
the iOS system. Both times I had not received a notice that an update was
available that would fix the bug. Has anybody else had that issue, or is
there a setting that I have missed. If it is a setting, which one?

updates can take a few days to appear for everyone, or you can request
it at any time.

i used to get a notification that there was an update. Since I go the 8+
I have not been getting any.

--
PeterN
Old December 7th 17, 10:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 06/12/2017 21:26, peter wrote:
Prior to getting my new iPhone I would be notified that there is an update
available. I have had issues with my plus that have been solved by updating
the iOS system. Both times I had not received a notice that an update was
available that would fix the bug. Has anybody else had that issue, or is
there a setting that I have missed. If it is a setting, which one?

—
PeterN

Maybe you now need to subscribe to the Apple security notices?

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/opti...rity-announce/

--
Cheers,
David
Old December 7th 17, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Prior to getting my new iPhone I would be notified that there is an update
available. I have had issues with my plus that have been solved by updating
the iOS system. Both times I had not received a notice that an update was
available that would fix the bug. Has anybody else had that issue, or is
there a setting that I have missed. If it is a setting, which one?

updates can take a few days to appear for everyone, or you can request
it at any time.

i used to get a notification that there was an update. Since I go the 8+
I have not been getting any.

what version does your 8+ currently have? you may be up to date already.

as i said, it sometimes may take a few days for it to check on its own.
11.2 was released over the weekend so it may not have checked yet, but
if you prefer, just manually request it.
Old December 7th 17, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

Maybe you now need to subscribe to the Apple security notices?

no
Old December 7th 17, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
peter

nospam wrote:
In article , peter
wrote:

Prior to getting my new iPhone I would be notified that there is an update
available. I have had issues with my plus that have been solved by updating
the iOS system. Both times I had not received a notice that an update was
available that would fix the bug. Has anybody else had that issue, or is
there a setting that I have missed. If it is a setting, which one?

updates can take a few days to appear for everyone, or you can request
it at any time.

The iPhone is a tool. I don’t want to have to check for updates every
minute. When there is a fix for a known bug, the user should be notified.
That is what they used to do

--
PeterN
Old December 7th 17, 06:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
peter

nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Prior to getting my new iPhone I would be notified that there is an update
available. I have had issues with my plus that have been solved by updating
the iOS system. Both times I had not received a notice that an update was
available that would fix the bug. Has anybody else had that issue, or is
there a setting that I have missed. If it is a setting, which one?

updates can take a few days to appear for everyone, or you can request
it at any time.

i used to get a notification that there was an update. Since I go the 8+
I have not been getting any.

what version does your 8+ currently have? you may be up to date already.

as i said, it sometimes may take a few days for it to check on its own.
11.2 was released over the weekend so it may not have checked yet, but
if you prefer, just manually request it.

I called support and was advised to bring in the phone, which I cannot do.
I’ve been poked around and found there was an update, which I installed and
the problem was fixed. My question is has Apple changed it’s policy? Or was
this just because they were In a rush to get the update out. The problem
was a serious one. I had no access to my contact list and could not use the
phone except with Siri or Bluetooth.

—
PeterN
Old December 7th 17, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , peter
wrote:

Prior to getting my new iPhone I would be notified that there is an update
available. I have had issues with my plus that have been solved by updating
the iOS system. Both times I had not received a notice that an update was
available that would fix the bug. Has anybody else had that issue, or is
there a setting that I have missed. If it is a setting, which one?

updates can take a few days to appear for everyone, or you can request
it at any time.

The iPhone is a tool.

so are you.

I don¹t want to have to check for updates every
minute.

nobody said you did.

When there is a fix for a known bug, the user should be notified.

they are.

That is what they used to do

they still do.
Old December 7th 17, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , peter
wrote:

[...]

no need.

I¹ve been poked around and found there was an update, which I installed and
the problem was fixed.

which is exactly what i said to do.

My question is has Apple changed it¹s policy?

no.

Or was
this just because they were In a rush to get the update out.

no.

there are nearly 1 billion ios users, which means the update is not
pushed to everyone at the exact same time. it's staggered over about a
week or so.

as i said before and will say again because you *still* don't get it,
it may take a few days for everyone to see the update, however, you can
check at any time and will get the latest currently available.

microsoft does the same thing, but over an even longer period of time.
creators update was *still* being rolled out this past fall, some six
*months* after its initial rollout, right around the time fall creators
update appeared.

The problem
was a serious one. I had no access to my contact list and could not use the
phone except with Siri or Bluetooth.

that's it?