JPEG EXIF replacement on windows at home

Old May 3rd 17, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Roy Tremblay

Default JPEG EXIF replacement on windows at home

Is there a way to replace one JPEG EXIF data with that from another JPEG.

I'm thinking about camera, gps, and date kind of EXIF information.
Thumbnail too if possible.

It's best if its user customizable so I can input the data on my own
instead of just swapping out with another photo.

Web tool is not ok but command line tool is ok but it must be Windows.
Old May 3rd 17, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
nospam

In article , Roy Tremblay
wrote:

Is there a way to replace one JPEG EXIF data with that from another JPEG.

yes.

I'm thinking about camera, gps, and date kind of EXIF information.
Thumbnail too if possible.

why are you wanting to forge that?

It's best if its user customizable so I can input the data on my own
instead of just swapping out with another photo.

that's a different question.

Web tool is not ok but command line tool is ok but it must be Windows.

exiftool is the standard, and there's a windows version.

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
Old May 3rd 17, 07:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Joe Makowiec

On 03 May 2017 in rec.photo.digital, Roy Tremblay wrote:

Is there a way to replace one JPEG EXIF data with that from another
JPEG.

I'm thinking about camera, gps, and date kind of EXIF information.
Thumbnail too if possible.

It's best if its user customizable so I can input the data on my own
instead of just swapping out with another photo.

Web tool is not ok but command line tool is ok but it must be
Windows.

http://www.geosetter.de/en

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Geosetter installs exiftool for its own use, and will check for the
latest version.

I seem to recall that there are graphic front ends for exiftool,
although I don't use them. There are pages on pages of information on
how to use exiftool, some right there at the site and others if you do
a web search. Pretty much every program I've seen which manipulates
exif data uses exiftool, either as a part of its code or as an external
utility.

I use the beta version of Geosetter for reasons I don't recall. It's a
bit flaky, but I haven't had any problems with it in production.

www.geosetter.de/geosetter_beta.exe

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old May 3rd 17, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , Roy Tremblay
wrote:

Is there a way to replace one JPEG EXIF data with that from another JPEG.

yes.

I'm thinking about camera, gps, and date kind of EXIF information.
Thumbnail too if possible.

why are you wanting to forge that?

It's best if its user customizable so I can input the data on my own
instead of just swapping out with another photo.

that's a different question.

Web tool is not ok but command line tool is ok but it must be Windows.

exiftool is the standard, and there's a windows version.

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

ExiftoolGUI:

http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/~bogdan/

http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/exiftool/forum/index.php?topic=2750.0
--
teleportation kills
Old May 3rd 17, 11:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Roy Tremblay

On Wed, 03 May 2017 14:04:52 -0400,
nospam actually wrote:

why are you wanting to forge that?

I am putting an advertisement in a local gay web site with naked pictures
of me and my farm animals where I need the photos to have a GPS location
that points to your back yard and elevation.

Why else would I want to control EXIF IPTC & thumbnail metta data?
Old May 3rd 17, 11:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Roy Tremblay

On Wed, 03 May 2017 21:48:28 +0100,

Have a look at jhead.exe

thanks.

I installed jhead.exe from http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/
usage: https://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/jhead/usage

Looks like a linux transplant so it will take some getting used to.
Old May 4th 17, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Paul[_10_]

Have a look at jhead.exe

thanks.

I installed jhead.exe from http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/
usage: https://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/jhead/usage

Looks like a linux transplant so it will take some getting used to.

Swapping a header may not be logically consistent.
You may make claims in that header, which an expert
can detect as being "fake".

While editing individual fields might make sense.

For example, if the picture is 800x600 and
you swap in a header which is 1920x1080, that's
going to be pretty obvious.

The EXIF data is likely to be contiguous, and
you may not need quite as fancy a tool to pre-pend
a "foreign" EXIF. The idea of metadata, is it's
something the regular image parser will not
trip over (it steps over 4CC codes it doesn't
recognize). And it can be added or removed without
damage to the actual pixmap. Image formats where
the info is packetized and uses 4CC headers, makes
it easier to add one or more metadatas without
impacting the functionality of the image file.

Paul
Old May 4th 17, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-03 18:02:56 +0000, Roy Tremblay said:

Is there a way to replace one JPEG EXIF data with that from another JPEG.

I'm thinking about camera, gps, and date kind of EXIF information.
Thumbnail too if possible.

It's best if its user customizable so I can input the data on my own
instead of just swapping out with another photo.

Web tool is not ok but command line tool is ok but it must be Windows.

You basic, all access EXIF editing tool is Exiftool. There are also
several derivative Exiftool GUIs available.

Also some photo editing software has the capability of editing some
metadata fields, but not necessarily all fields. Typically, with
Photoshop or Lightroom, you can edit creator, shoot information,
copyright information, IPTC & IPTC extension, GPS, and other data, but
camera data is not editable with LR, or PS. However, both have export
options to strip all, or some metadata.

As a matter of curiosity, what EXIF fields do you wish to edit, and to
what purpose?

Then what photo editing software are you using?

....and have you considered the possible existence of any of several
invisible digital watermarks such as those from Digimarc, or Signum
SureSign?
https://www.digimarc.com/application/photography
http://www.signumtech.com/template3.asp?pageID=4&prodID=19

Savageduck

Old May 4th 17, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
dale

On 5/3/17 8:25 PM, Paul wrote:
an expert
can detect as being "fake".

I'd like an app that removes EXIF from jpeg files

I'm trying to use open graph protocol and they mentioned, somewhere ...
, that EXIF might be a problem

http://ogp.me/

and besides one time,, in a reply not a post, in which I can't quite
remember what I did I can't get a jpeg to show up on a post in facebook

for instance, from the link

meta property="og:image" content="http://example.com/ogp.jpg" /
meta property="og:image:secure_url"
content="https://secure.example.com/ogp.jpg" /
meta property="og:image:type" content="image/jpeg" /
meta property="og:image:width" content="400" /
meta property="og:image:height" content="300" /

the debugger

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing

tells me my image is either too small or too big, but the same image is
"inferred" from my blog

searching tells me there might be problems with my connection, yet my
blog is a subdirectory off my main directory where the index.html file I
am working with is in

--
dale | http://www.dalekelly.org
Old May 4th 17, 05:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
nospam

In article , dale
wrote:

I'd like an app that removes EXIF from jpeg files

exiftool can do that (and more):
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/