For the Netflix Subscribers Among Us

Old November 28th 16, 08:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default For the Netflix Subscribers Among Us

Netflix has just released a NatGeo (sponsored by Canon) photography
centric series in 6 half-hour episodes. It was originally broadcast by
NatGeo in December 2015 and is well worth seeing.
http://petapixel.com/2016/11/12/canons-tales-light-tv-series-now-netflix/

Savageduck

Old November 28th 16, 08:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

Savageduck wrote:

Netflix has just released a NatGeo (sponsored by Canon) photography
centric series in 6 half-hour episodes. It was originally broadcast by
NatGeo in December 2015 and is well worth seeing.
http://petapixel.com/2016/11/12/canons-tales-light-tv-series-now-netflix/

Don't have Netflix and don't know whether it's available. Netflix charge
viewers about the same world wide me thinks but there I live we only get
to see about one third of the generally accessible content. OTOH, the
Moroccans get less than four percent...

Soo why pay three times more than other users for the actually
accessible content that's mostly crap to begin with?

https://www.finder.com/netflix-usa-vs-world-content

There are other services that stream video available...
--
teleportation kills
Old November 28th 16, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-11-28 20:27:53 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

Netflix has just released a NatGeo (sponsored by Canon) photography
centric series in 6 half-hour episodes. It was originally broadcast by
NatGeo in December 2015 and is well worth seeing.
http://petapixel.com/2016/11/12/canons-tales-light-tv-series-now-netflix/

Don't have Netflix and don't know whether it's available. Netflix charge
viewers about the same world wide me thinks but there I live we only get
to see about one third of the generally accessible content. OTOH, the
Moroccans get less than four percent...

Well, if you don't subscribe to Netflix it isn't available to you. That
said plenty of folks do subscribe to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime for
what they provide. Fortunately I don't have to deal with the lack of
content issues of Moroccans or Swedes. As for availablity of this
particular series, it seems Netflix is going to make it available
Worldwide. All I am doing is letting those folks who care, know that
this particularly impressive series is available via Netflix.

Soo why pay three times more than other users for the actually
accessible content that's mostly crap to begin with?

https://www.finder.com/netflix-usa-vs-world-content

I see you would be a 30%er if you subscribed, since they say they are
releasing it Worldwide, one would expect to find it on Netflix Sweden
and Morocco.
One can also utilize the relocation capabilities of a VPN, that is what
I do to get BBC content not available in the USA. I believe Alan Browne
does the same to access content not available to him in Canada.

There are other services that stream video available...

However, not all streaming services provide the same or provider
specific exclusive content. So, I subscribe to Netflix and Amazon
Prime. Amazon Prime pays for its self by including free shipping for
online purchases + a few other services.

Savageduck

Old November 28th 16, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Mayayana

"android" wrote

| Don't have Netflix and don't know whether it's available. Netflix charge
| viewers about the same world wide me thinks but there I live we only get
| to see about one third of the generally accessible content.

I wonder if you can get disks. We get disks
delivered, two at a time. I think it's something
like $11 US. I'm very happy with the service.

Over Thanksgiving I was staying
at my niece's house. She has Netflix streaming.
I can get virtually anything on disks. She gets a
far more limited selection. It's two kinds of
products. Disks is for people who care most about
quality. Streaming is for people who care most
about options and want to be able to see
*something* right now. Sort of like ordering
a tasy lunch vs ordering the all-you-can-eat
buffet, but then finding that there's not much
but iceburg lettuce salad and mashed potatoes
at the buffet. The roast beef seems to keep
mysteriously running out.

Old November 28th 16, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

On 2016-11-28 20:27:53 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

Netflix has just released a NatGeo (sponsored by Canon) photography
centric series in 6 half-hour episodes. It was originally broadcast by
NatGeo in December 2015 and is well worth seeing.
http://petapixel.com/2016/11/12/canons-tales-light-tv-series-now-netflix/

Don't have Netflix and don't know whether it's available. Netflix charge
viewers about the same world wide me thinks but there I live we only get
to see about one third of the generally accessible content. OTOH, the
Moroccans get less than four percent...

Well, if you don't subscribe to Netflix it isn't available to you. That
said plenty of folks do subscribe to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime for
what they provide.

The lack of Netflix content is a price that I'm willing to pay to live
there I live. That content, if attractive is of course available through
other content providers that have outbid Netflix.

Fortunately I don't have to deal with the lack of
content issues of Moroccans or Swedes.

Oki...

As for availablity of this
particular series, it seems Netflix is going to make it available
Worldwide. All I am doing is letting those folks who care, know that
this particularly impressive series is available via Netflix.

I think that Utube would be the proper channel for infomercials...

Soo why pay three times more than other users for the actually
accessible content that's mostly crap to begin with?

https://www.finder.com/netflix-usa-vs-world-content

I see you would be a 30%er if you subscribed, since they say they are
releasing it Worldwide, one would expect to find it on Netflix Sweden
and Morocco.

Whatever.

One can also utilize the relocation capabilities of a VPN, that is what
I do to get BBC content not available in the USA. I believe Alan Browne
does the same to access content not available to him in Canada.

That would probably break the EULA.

There are other services that stream video available...

However, not all streaming services provide the same or provider
specific exclusive content. So, I subscribe to Netflix and Amazon
Prime. Amazon Prime pays for its self by including free shipping for
online purchases + a few other services.

Netflix can't afford to outbid other players for attractive content.
That's what the free market is largely about...
--
teleportation kills
Old November 28th 16, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,
"Mayayana" wrote:

"android" wrote

| Don't have Netflix and don't know whether it's available. Netflix charge
| viewers about the same world wide me thinks but there I live we only get
| to see about one third of the generally accessible content.

I wonder if you can get disks. We get disks
delivered, two at a time. I think it's something
like $11 US. I'm very happy with the service.

Over Thanksgiving I was staying
at my niece's house. She has Netflix streaming.
I can get virtually anything on disks. She gets a
far more limited selection. It's two kinds of
products. Disks is for people who care most about
quality. Streaming is for people who care most
about options and want to be able to see
*something* right now. Sort of like ordering
a tasy lunch vs ordering the all-you-can-eat
buffet, but then finding that there's not much
but iceburg lettuce salad and mashed potatoes
at the buffet. The roast beef seems to keep
mysteriously running out.

Well, I have come to the same conclusion. I can easily buy most of the
newly released material that I really want from streaming services
within the sum that I would have allocate for those services.
--
teleportation kills
Old November 28th 16, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2016-11-28 15:11, Savageduck wrote:
Netflix has just released a NatGeo (sponsored by Canon) photography
centric series in 6 half-hour episodes. It was originally broadcast by
NatGeo in December 2015 and is well worth seeing.
http://petapixel.com/2016/11/12/canons-tales-light-tv-series-now-netflix/

Doesn't seem to be on Canadian Netflix, alas.

Can't VPN across anymore. Netflix are assiduously complying to their
license terms and have made VPN-ing in difficult. My VPN service (HMA)
is hard blocked now. There are others - but as more people flock to
them Netflix tend to block them too.

--
She hummed to herself because she was an unrivaled botcher of lyrics.
-Nick (Gone Girl), Gillian Flynn.
Old November 28th 16, 10:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-11-28 20:27:53 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

;-)

Soo why pay three times more than other users for the actually
accessible content that's mostly crap to begin with?

https://www.finder.com/netflix-usa-vs-world-content

I see you would be a 30%er if you subscribed, since they say they are
releasing it Worldwide, one would expect to find it on Netflix Sweden
and Morocco.

Whatever.

One can also utilize the relocation capabilities of a VPN, that is what
I do to get BBC content not available in the USA. I believe Alan Browne
does the same to access content not available to him in Canada.

That would probably break the EULA.

Which EULA?

There are other services that stream video available...

However, not all streaming services provide the same or provider
specific exclusive content. So, I subscribe to Netflix and Amazon
Prime. Amazon Prime pays for its self by including free shipping for
online purchases + a few other services.

Netflix can't afford to outbid other players for attractive content.
That's what the free market is largely about...

They, Netflix and Amazon, seem to be able to afford content which is
attractive enough to make their business succesful, add to that their
exclusive in-house productions.

Savageduck

Old November 28th 16, 10:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,

On 2016-11-28 15:11, Savageduck wrote:
Netflix has just released a NatGeo (sponsored by Canon) photography
centric series in 6 half-hour episodes. It was originally broadcast by
NatGeo in December 2015 and is well worth seeing.
http://petapixel.com/2016/11/12/canons-tales-light-tv-series-now-netflix/

Doesn't seem to be on Canadian Netflix, alas.

Can't VPN across anymore. Netflix are assiduously complying to their
license terms and have made VPN-ing in difficult. My VPN service (HMA)
is hard blocked now. There are others - but as more people flock to
them Netflix tend to block them too.

So you wouldn't "share" anyways...
--
teleportation kills
Old November 28th 16, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-11-28 21:55:40 +0000, Alan Browne

On 2016-11-28 15:11, Savageduck wrote:
Netflix has just released a NatGeo (sponsored by Canon) photography
centric series in 6 half-hour episodes. It was originally broadcast by
NatGeo in December 2015 and is well worth seeing.
http://petapixel.com/2016/11/12/canons-tales-light-tv-series-now-netflix/

Doesn't seem to be on Canadian Netflix, alas.

That is odd considering they were promoting it as a Worldwide release.
Perhaps it is a Canadian blocking thing.
Did you try a Netflix search for "Tales By Light"?

Can't VPN across anymore. Netflix are assiduously complying to their
license terms and have made VPN-ing in difficult. My VPN service (HMA)
is hard blocked now. There are others - but as more people flock to
them Netflix tend to block them too.

That is sad. I will be able to find out if my VPN (ZenMate Premium)
works for Netflix from South Africa in a few weeks.

Savageduck