Winners!

Old July 30th 17, 08:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Winners!

On Jul 29, 2017, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 29-Jul-17 11:21 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 29, 2017, David B. wrote
(in article ):

Great shots!

https://www.viewbug.com/contests/spe...o-contest/winn
ers

What do YOU think?

I think that I agree with what others have said about viewbug. It is a SCAM
site intended to separate you from as much of your money as they can get.

I'm surprised that you say that. Read here please:-

No need. I understand exactly the issues regarding Viewbug.

http://help.viewbug.com/customer/en/...-viewbug-free-

Promoting this site is tantamount to spreading SPAM, and I don’t see that
paying to get one’s ego stroked is a rewarding idea.

One does not HAVE to pay.

....and then you will be insufferably nagged.

I've enjoyed looking at some great photographs on the site and have
never paid a penny.

However, that is not the point of Viewbug. Its purpose is to suck in
subscribers. I would prefer not to support such an operation. That you are
able to tolerate that type of marketing to look at photographs might be OK
for you, but it is not fine for me, and I suspect many others here.

What disappoints me most with what has happened in this thread, was when you
added an unwelcome cross post to *alt.politics.scorched-earth* as part of a
response to nospam. That was an act which, to put it mildly, raises my
hackles. Even more annoying is, this is not the first time you have done that
to inject disruptive individuals with little to no interest in photography
into this NG.

Savageduck

Old July 30th 17, 08:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

https://www.viewbug.com/contests/spe...ontest/winners

What do YOU think?

I think that I agree with what others have said about viewbug. It is a SCAM
site intended to separate you from as much of your money as they can get.

Promoting this site is tantamount to spreading SPAM, and I don’t see that
paying to get one’s ego stroked is a rewarding idea.

FYI - an APP is available - for FREE! - on Apple iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/view...7060?ls=1&mt=8

Description

ViewBug is the world's most amazing photo contest community for pros and
amateurs alike. If photography is your passion, this is the free photo
app that lets you discover photography, share photos, and receive
recognition from other photographers and judges.

Showcase your work with 20 new photography contests every month, judged
by world-renowned professional photographers, and sponsored by top
brands. With the ViewBug photo app your photography is discovered and
awarded.

Win amazing prizes and participate in contests across many inspiring
categories. Be featured, get published, and win the gear that will make
you stand out and help take you to the next level.

Browse more than 15 million submitted photos and for some on-the-go
inspiration. Learn from peers and thought leaders, and improve as a
photographer. Submit your photos to some contests and have your photos
discovered and awarded.

=

There is FREE membership too - one does not HAVE to be a subscriber.

--
David B.
Old July 30th 17, 08:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

On 29-Jul-17 9:31 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

Great shots!

https://www.viewbug.com/contests/spe...o-contest/winn
ers

What do YOU think?

i think you need to provide your username and password so we can see
the photos.

Start here - you will soon get the hang of things! ;-)

https://www.viewbug.com/frontpage/wall

it ain't me who needs to get the hang of things.

Yes, it is! https://www.viewbug.com/apps/ios

*Apple approved*! ;-)

--
David B.
Old July 30th 17, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 30, 2017, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 29-Jul-17 11:21 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 29, 2017, David B. wrote
(in article ):

Great shots!

https://www.viewbug.com/contests/spe...o-contest/winn
ers

What do YOU think?

I think that I agree with what others have said about viewbug. It is a SCAM
site intended to separate you from as much of your money as they can get.

Promoting this site is tantamount to spreading SPAM, and I don’t see that
paying to get one’s ego stroked is a rewarding idea.

FYI - an APP is available - for FREE! - on Apple iTunes

Of course it is.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/view...hy/id110092706
[...]

Who do you think wrote that marketing screed, the Vatican?

=

There is FREE membership too - one does not HAVE to be a subscriber.

Stop flogging a dead horse. I am done with this.

Savageduck

Old July 30th 17, 08:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

On 30-Jul-17 8:13 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 29, 2017, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 29-Jul-17 11:21 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 29, 2017, David B. wrote
(in article ):

Great shots!

https://www.viewbug.com/contests/spe...o-contest/winn
ers

What do YOU think?

I think that I agree with what others have said about viewbug. It is a SCAM
site intended to separate you from as much of your money as they can get.

I'm surprised that you say that. Read here please:-

No need. I understand exactly the issues regarding Viewbug.

http://help.viewbug.com/customer/en/...-viewbug-free-

Promoting this site is tantamount to spreading SPAM, and I don’t see that
paying to get one’s ego stroked is a rewarding idea.

One does not HAVE to pay.

...and then you will be insufferably nagged.

You know this ..... *HOW*?

I've enjoyed looking at some great photographs on the site and have
never paid a penny.

However, that is not the point of Viewbug. Its purpose is to suck in
subscribers. I would prefer not to support such an operation. That you are
able to tolerate that type of marketing to look at photographs might be OK
for you, but it is not fine for me, and I suspect many others here.

Perhaps you are right.

What disappoints me most with what has happened in this thread, was when you
added an unwelcome cross post to *alt.politics.scorched-earth* as part of a
response to nospam. That was an act which, to put it mildly, raises my
hackles. Even more annoying is, this is not the first time you have done that
to inject disruptive individuals with little to no interest in photography
into this NG.

I can understand why you feel as you do. I'll take on board what you
have said.

--
David B.
Old July 30th 17, 08:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

On 30-Jul-17 8:24 AM, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

Goodnight, Savageduck.

You'll feel better in the morning, I'm sure! :-)

Old July 30th 17, 11:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Noons

On 30/07/2017 5:29 @wiz, David B. wrote:

One does not HAVE to pay.

...and then you will be insufferably nagged.

You know this ..... *HOW*?

Because it is a fact?

Rarely a day goes by I don't get nagged to death by their spam...

They remind me of Gurushots: same objectives, slightly different MO.

Old July 31st 17, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 7/30/17 PDT 12:12 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 29, 2017, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 30-Jul-17 12:27 AM, Savageduck wrote:
[....]
David, your cross post to *alt.politics.scorched-earth* in one of your

It wasn't intended to upset you. :-(

Thoughtless actions are not without consequences. That cross post was a
thoughtless and inconsiderate action.

What on earth were you thinking?
First you promote a SCAM site, then you contaminate this NG with unwelcome
commentators from *alt.politics.scorched-earth*.

Perhaps you don't recognize the similarity between 'nospam' and '%'. I
posted in Scorched Earth for a long time but rarely interacted with '%'.

Who cares? It was irrelevant, and does not matter a whit whether you
interacted with ‘%’ or not, or how long you have posted in a.p.s-e. It is
a trashy NG which promotes flame wars, and you have once again injected yet
another group of flame warriors into r.p.d. There is no excuse for that
action.

Please feel free to ignore posts made by "unwelcome commentators" and
remove the crossposts if you spot them when responding to posts.

Why do you think we should be burdened with dealing with any of the unwelcome
folks you are responsible for injecting into this NG?

The only reason I am responding to anything in this thread is because I think
you should know that some thing such as the cross post to an unrelated NG is
not appropriate, or welcome.

I'm not sure I agree that ViewBug is a SCAM site and have no idea why
YOU think so.

You just go ahead and enjoy yourself with Viewbug, I will not be playing.

http://help.viewbug.com/customer/en/...are-the-rules-
of-viewbug-

IIRC, it came to my notice on Facebook. It is unlikely that Facebook
would tolerate a Scam site for very long.

...er, right.

Might you be mistaken on this occasion?

No.

I agree with this post.

--
In addition to it's, we can have hi's, her's and their's!!!

Help stamp out repetition, gratuitous apostrophe's, and NEEDLESS,
redundant, and UNNECESSARY CAPITALIZATION, **along with** superfluous
*EMPHASIS*. And tautological statements which waste space and can be
repetitive or even wordy in and of themselves.

These are *THE* internet *SCOURGES'*, along with exclamation point's!!!

Old July 31st 17, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , MC
wrote:

There was not even any warning on the original post so say you will
need to log in or sign up after clicking the link. If I did not know
any better (and maybe I don't), looking at your responses to the other
replies in this thread I would say you were fishing for members and
there was something in it for you.

you get a gold star.

why else would he push it so hard?