Mamiya C330f, slack on bottom shutter release.

Old July 11th 04, 11:16 AM
Peter Chant

Default Mamiya C330f, slack on bottom shutter release.

There is a lot of slack in the bottom shutter release on my C330f. This
prevents a cable release from tripping the shutter, all of the movement
of the plunger for the cable release is taken up by the slack.

Is there any adjustment in this? Can I get at the mechanism if I remove
the six small screws on the bottom of the camera?

Pete

--

http://www.petezilla.co.uk

Old July 16th 04, 11:35 PM
EZela57383

If I understand you correctly, I just ran into the same problem. Get a small
screwdriver and adjust the small screw by going directly into the front of the
button itself. I took off the bottom plate only to realize that I could make
the adjustment from the outside of the camera.

Have fun.

Old July 17th 04, 12:18 AM
Peter Chant

In article ,
(EZela57383) writes:
If I understand you correctly, I just ran into the same problem. Get a small
screwdriver and adjust the small screw by going directly into the front of the
button itself. I took off the bottom plate only to realize that I could make
the adjustment from the outside of the camera.

Hmm, interesting. I did not get a reply so I took the bottom plate off
the camera and removed and disassembled the button. There is no
adjustment on mine. No set screw. I have the C330f if that makes a
difference.

I solved the issue by glueing a couple of small pieces of plastic to
the bracket that holds the outer part of the button. This reduced the
travel of the outer button, the cable release now reliably trips the
shutter.

Points to note whe

1. The small screws that hold on the bracket for the shutter release
are longer and thinner than those holding on the bottom plate. This
is not obvious as they are so small.
2. There are a couple of inexplicable copper washers between the base
plate and the metal 'frame' of the camera on some of the screws.
3. There is a very inexplicable small strip of aluminium acting as a
packing piece which would not be needed if there were an equally
inexplicable recess for it to sit in.
4. Either you get no superglue out of the tube or too much. If the
latter it gets into the wrong part of the button and you have to
clean it out!

I have no idea what the washers or the bit of aluminium are for.

Have fun.

Will do.

Replacing the light seals are the next job. However I plan to use it
over the next week and it does not leak light - yet. A job for when I
get back.

--

http://www.petezilla.co.uk