$12,000 versus $1000

Old January 5th 10, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

Default $12,000 versus $1000

Interesting.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13159

Old January 6th 10, 12:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

"Rich" wrote in message
Interesting.

The Cubans drive old cars!

Old January 6th 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John A.[_2_]

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:05:37 -0500, "Charles"
wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message
m...
Interesting.

The Cubans drive old cars!

You sure it's Cuba? Looks like Klingon plates on that Jeep.
Old January 6th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter Chant[_5_]

John A. wrote:

The Cubans drive old cars!

You sure it's Cuba? Looks like Klingon plates on that Jeep.

It's a Landrover. Number plate states it is Iranian - I presume it got
there before the revolution.

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk

Old January 7th 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter Huebner

In article ,
says...

Interesting.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13159

Interesting all right. First I looked at the cropped pictures, and I
thought they were both pretty fabulous to me.

It was when I looked at the full sized pics that I decided: that
Landrover with the brick wall behind looks exactly like my M3 would've
seen it. Deja-vu.

I guess owning a Leica is a bit like driving a Rolls Royce: if you have
to ask how much the petrol consumption .... (and no, I never bought
mine, I had it given to me when I was 14; neither the giver nor I had
the slightest idea of what a scoop that was until I took it to
nightclasses at the studio in the nearest town).

-P.